The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Dubai دبيّ‎

+26
Pete330v2
SecretFly
Gibson
ChequeredJersey
eirebilly
Biltong
maestegmafia
MrsP
Notch
rodders
mickyt
Luckless Pedestrian
bsando
perthshirepuma
littleswannygirl
Cari
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
PenfroPete
PJHolybloke
Rava
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Glas a du
Driver
prop_lyd
Pal Joey
30 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Dubai  دبيّ‎  - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Dubai دبيّ‎

Post by Pal Joey Thu 29 Nov - 9:01

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Dubai, host city for the upcoming round of the IRB Rugby World 7s.

Visitors are reminded to dress sensibly and carry their working-'holiday' permit with them at all times and if possible; engage in their sinful drinking habits within the smoky confines of the underground "English Pub". We have more big screens than you could ever dream of...

If you need to go for a swim at the beach - application forms for towels and umbrellas are available at the bar.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Ricky Ponting, Bradley Davies, Andrew Hore and Craig Gilroy above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37342p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-colwyn-bay

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 13 Dec - 20:47; edited 3 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Dubai  دبيّ‎  - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Dubai دبيّ‎

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Dec - 19:27

I watched an old episode of Batman the other week. Chief O'Hara said, 'Begorrah,' which proves he's authentically Irish.

Penfro and Mrs Penfro just popped over to collect a couple of things. Good to see them both.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Dubai  دبيّ‎  - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Dubai دبيّ‎

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:00

Tommy has a sub, but loitering around the microwave in the canteen at lunchtime is not the time or place. Love is cruel. Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Dec - 20:03

A sub?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 12 Dec - 20:09

Cari?

Headscratch

Are you telling us that Tommy has had a Sub named after him?

Or that he has become a part time Submariner?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:10

Noun

substitute (plural substitutes)

A replacement or stand-in for something that achieves a similar result or purpose.
(sports) A player who is available to replace another if the need arises, and who may or may not actually do so.

I meant that sort of sub, not the sarnie. Anyway...I was thinking out loud. I wasn't sure anyone was listening. Meanwhile, it's flocking cold. Not the best day to have to evacuate the building. And the place wasn't even on fire!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 12 Dec - 20:13

Soooooo....

Are you telling us there is someone at work who looks like him or just someone who would be an adequate replacement in the Drool stakes?

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Dec - 20:15

Evening all,

Had 2nd round interview... the suspense is killing me. These tenterhooks are starting to feel uncomfortable now but I'm still in it at least.

Any request for the new Pub location is welcome and also nominations for pictures.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:15

I wouldn't say looks like him - maybe the same height, hair and eye colour...although the latter I will have to examine more closely. Purely for research purposes.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 12 Dec - 20:18

Cari!

laughing

Enjoy the research!

LB!

Well done on getting this far at least!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:22

Breaker - good luck with the waiting. I hope it is a case of the best coming to he who is.

Unfortunately MrsP it is highly unlikely that the research will be thorough if at all. Oh well. Crying or Very sad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Dec - 20:24

How much longer will you have to wait, Breaker?

Cari, how often do you see this sub? Is his desk near yours?

Let's take the pub to somewhere in England. Somewhere like Preston or Orrell.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Dec - 20:24

Thanks Mrs P.

I've felt a bit like a cat amongst the pigeons in a way competing with two bigger firms. At least I responded to all the 'requirements' of the Tender but they then decided to cut bits out... which is an admission that someone didn't have their 'thinking cap' on when they sent out the damn thing! Or they are trying to save some $$ up front.

That 80's actor - Robert Hughes from "Hey Dad" who's been accused of some bad things with young actors is just about to land into a swarm of TV reporters at the airport. He's been in hiding in Singapore then fled to London but the Authorities tracked him down and managed to extradite him.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Wed 12 Dec - 20:25; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 12 Dec - 20:24

Cari!

What kind of attitude is that girl?????

Who'd have thunk you would bump into the real thing because of a delayed flight?

Speaking of the real thing...

http://www.uafc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15515

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:31

Lucky - sadly no, he's not in my office, he works upstairs. I see him on my dinner break and sometimes on my morning break only - maybe at a staff briefing if I'm lucky. Awkward.

MrsP - Tommy posted a pic of himself, "David" Trimble and Paddy Wally in their 50th caps on his FB page. He looked very handsome - even wearing a silly cap Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Dec - 20:32

Cheers Cari & Lucky. Hug cake Hug

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:34

Haven't heard anything about that actor over here Breaker. I guess the press are still too busy with the whole Saville enquiry...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 12 Dec - 20:36

I don't want to be around when Cari and Lucky start fighting over that bit of cake

I tell you what. I'll take it.

Just to prevent a nasty scene you understand...

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:36

MrsP - I just started reading some of the comments under that photo. They're a bit mean about Paddy turning up in his trackie bottoms. Poor man - maybe he wasn't expecting a photocall.

...or doesn't know a good tailor! Very Happy

You can have the cake I've got a box of Marks & Spencers choccie biccies in my cupboard! Whistle

Last edited by Cari on Wed 12 Dec - 20:37; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Dec - 20:37

Yeah, similar thing but this guy is much less famous.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Dec - 20:38

Ah. Sometimes it's worse when you don't see them that often, because then it's a surprise when you do, and it's hard to play it cool when you've been surprised.

I should be an agony aunt with helpful stuff like that...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:40

Breaker - here's a suggestion for the next pub - what about Edinburgh where they had the Lions coaching announcement today? Maybe pictures of some former/current Lions for the wall? Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:42

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Ah. Sometimes it's worse when you don't see them that often, because then it's a surprise when you do, and it's hard to play it cool when you've been surprised.

I should be an agony aunt with helpful stuff like that...

You're right, and also it's difficult to just start yapping to people randomly in a workplace canteen...a bit obvious. It's not like he comes into our office either (other people from other departments do) so it's not like I get to chat to him then. Oh well. Eye candy it is then.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Dec - 20:49

Well you never know. And eye candy is always good! Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 12 Dec - 20:52

Forgot to say. Tommy advertises for Subway which is why I thought he'd had one named after him!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 20:55

MrsP wrote:Forgot to say. Tommy advertises for Subway which is why I thought he'd had one named after him!

Yeah I've seen that too. I suppose they might make one with a nine inch sausage... Laugh Or lots of Irish beef Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Dec - 20:57

Cari wrote:Breaker - here's a suggestion for the next pub - what about Edinburgh where they had the Lions coaching announcement today? Maybe pictures of some former/current Lions for the wall? Smile

Great Cari. OK

Now I just need some help on the pics. Was thinking Rava and Rodders... ?

Who is the Lions coach by the way? Gatland still?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 21:01

Well I think it would be fair to have one from each nation that makes up the B & I Lions team. Gatland is still the Gaffer as far as I know.

This websitre may help...
http://www.lionsrugby.com/history/index.php

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Dec - 21:03

Can we have a photo of Kip Keino? One of the greats of middle- and long-distance and I found out today that he used to play rugby.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Dec - 21:05

I would stick around, but I have to go to bed. Oh these early mornings...

...and before MrsP tells me off for being rude devil Wink

Good night everyone Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Dec - 21:05

Sure.

What about Bruce Jenner? Laugh

Good night Cari. Sweet dreams of Tommy's subway ad. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 12 Dec - 21:34

Cari wrote:
MrsP wrote:Forgot to say. Tommy advertises for Subway which is why I thought he'd had one named after him!

Yeah I've seen that too. I suppose they might make one with a nine inch sausage... Laugh Or lots of Irish beef Very Happy

clap Laugh Vintage!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 13 Dec - 0:17

Breaker, you've got some action coming your way, I've seen it in the stars. OK

Don't forget to put up a silhouette of Shaun Edwards in the new pub... Whistle

I wouldn't want to be in that first coaches session come the 6N warm-up though, can you imagine?

WG "What are we going to focus on then Shaun?"

SE "Dunno Gats, maybe you should call Andy feckin Farrell and get the heads-up?"

WG "Now look here sonny... oooowww me feckin eye!"

Good luck with that one Wazza. guinness Reckon you'll need it.

It reminds me of that joke that's being doing the rounds recently: Ahem.

"I've just told my wife that my new job was having sex on stage."

She said "Are you having me on?"

I said "I'll ask, but so far, they've all been thin and pretty."

drumroll

Nos da pawb, I'm off to me cot. Hug

Gats, yers a dead man walkin. picard

Last edited by PJHolybloke on Thu 13 Dec - 6:52; edited 1 time in total
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 13 Dec - 4:18

Morning people :-)
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 13 Dec - 6:55

PJ that's amazing!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 13 Dec - 8:19

Run

cuppa

TONIGHT

...... Run
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 13 Dec - 8:23

Bore da pawb / good morning all, nippy here but not as cold as it was yesterday. And it's Friday Eve! Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 13 Dec - 9:24

Morning all.

Tired, a bit hungover, and got the call from my Mum this morning to tell me my grandfather's passed on.

He got through the Depression after becoming the family's sole breadwinner aged 12 when his Dad died, got through Guadalcanal and everything the Japanese and Malaria could throw at him, raised 6 children, served for years on the County Council, and was a pretty handy openside flanker back in the day. 95 is a good innings, but we'll miss him.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 13 Dec - 9:26

Pete, that sounds like a life well lived. Here's to him. Ale

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 13 Dec - 9:37

Morning all, off to see The Hobbit tonight with MrsProp's old man and brother....can't blydi wait!!

Wonder what shock's may come this weekend....I'd love Connacht to get a win in South of France!

Sorry to hear your news Kiwi cider
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 13 Dec - 9:42

They made them tough in those days Kiwi. Ale
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 13 Dec - 9:52

Sorry for your trouble Kiwi.

Hug

What a life.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 13 Dec - 9:53

Glas a du wrote:They made them tough in those days Kiwi. Ale

+1

Sorry to hear that kiwi. Grandpa sounds like quite a bloke.
thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 13 Dec - 10:00

KIWI - we'll drink to him down in Exeter Hug
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 13 Dec - 10:22

Any chance of having the Connacht 12/Dan Parks and maybe the Bezinika team? (sorry don't know how to spell them) after their first win in the next pub?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 13 Dec - 10:24

Hug and a Whisky for Kiwi to celebrate his life.

Condolences big man.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 13 Dec - 10:40

PJ, just had a woman on the phone:

"I've bought a house. I had it really cheap on condition we complete in 10 days"

*thinks - 6 working days left before Christmas*

*reaches for sooty puppet*
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec - 12:31

Kiwi, sorry about your Grandfather pal. I am always fascinated by my Grandfather's stories still, but they don't quite stack up to that. Here's to him guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 13 Dec - 13:20

Glas a du wrote:PJ, just had a woman on the phone:

"I've bought a house. I had it really cheap on condition we complete in 10 days"

*thinks - 6 working days left before Christmas*

*reaches for sooty puppet*

Laugh 'Tis the season for half-wits, what a clown.

Sincere condolences Pete, I'm with Penfro, a toast on the Exeter gig for sure.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 13 Dec - 16:50

Man, wish I was heading down to Exeter this weekend!!!!! Especially now as the Sarries only have a friendly!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec - 19:12

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20