The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys vs Cardiff Blues - Friday 19.05

+12
Morgannwg
Cari
Newsilure
bluestonevedder
Jenifer McLadyboy
bedfordwelsh
Coleman
Mr Taff
Smirnoffpriest
maestegmafia
ScarletSpiderman
Breadvan
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ospreys vs Cardiff Blues - Friday 19.05 - Page 3 Empty Ospreys vs Cardiff Blues - Friday 19.05

Post by wales606 Thu 29 Nov 2012, 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ospreys have Moldovan front-rower Dmitri Arhip on the replacements bench for Friday night's RaboDirect clash with Cardiff Blues at the Liberty Stadium. Arhip will make his regional debut if he comes on.

Arhip has arrived as the Ospreys find themselves in the midst of a prop crisis. They are without injured trio of tight-heads, Adam Jones, Aaron Jarvis and Joe Rees, who are all out injured.. The 23-year-old had signed an initial deal with the Welsh region until the end of the season, subject to Arhip obtaining a work permit. Arhip, capped 19-times by Moldova, has an option to extend his stay with the Pro12 champions for a further year.

Head coach Steve Tandy said the region will be recruiting further cover for injured props.
"It's a high priority for us to get someone in for Heineken Cup time," he said. "The boys are working behind the scenes trying to get a couple of people in which we will need to cover us through the Heineken Cup and a hectic Christmas period."

Ospreys have won their last four matches against fellow Welsh regions, and have lost only once at home to such a side since 2007.
The region are unbeaten at Liberty Stadium since Glasgow Warriors were the visitors on 14 September.
The Blues ended a four game losing run in the Pro12 with their 14-7 victory over Zebre in Italy last Sunday.
The Blues only win over a rival Welsh region in their last seven encounters was 16-5 at the Dragons on 15 September.
Ospreys are unbeaten in their last four fixtures with the Blues in all competitions, while the Cardiff-based outfit have triumphed just once on Ospreys soil since the regions were formed - 28-9 at Liberty Stadium on 22 December 2005.

"Since the start of the season we have got better week in week out but we have not had the rewards on the scoreboard, which is the most important thing, as obviously we want to win every game," said Cardiff Blues Director of Rugby Phil Davies.
"We were very unlucky against Munster, but had a good win against Wasps and played well against the Scarlets, a little ill discipline cost us the game.
"We did end that game with a bonus point meaning we finished the LV campaign in joint top of the group, which is pleasing.
"We have said since the start of the season that we are in transition and we have a lot of young players coming through.
"What we have done over the last few months, although it has been painful at times with some of the results, is create some depth and given a lot of players opportunities.
"We have given opportunities to twelve or fourteen players many of whom are under the age of 22."

Chris Czekaj (foot), Tom Davies (knee), Dan Fish (shoulder) and, Tom James (toe) are all unavailable due to injury, while Jamie Roberts, Leigh Halfpenny, Alex Cuthbert, Harry Robinson, Scott Andrews, Bradley Davies, Sam Warburton, Lou Reed are with the Wales squad.

TEAMS

Ospreys
15 Richard Fussell
14 Ross Jones
13 Tom Isaacs
12 Andrew Bishop
11 Eli Walker
10 Matthew Morgan
9 Kahn Fotuali'i (Capt)
1 Duncan Jones
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Cai Griffiths
4 Ian Gough
5 James King
6 George Stowers
7 Sam Lewis
8 Joe Bearman

REPLACEMENTS
16 Matthew Dwyer
17 Marc Thomas
18 Dmitri Arhip
19 Lloyd Peers
20 Morgan Allen
21 Rhys Webb
22 Sam Davies
23 Jonathan Spratt

Cardiff Blues: Rhys Patchell, Tom Williams, Gavin Evans, Dafydd Hewitt, Owen Williams, Ceri Sweeney, Lloyd Williams; Sam Hobbs, Marc Breeze, Taufa'ao Filise, Michael Paterson, James Down, Rory Watts-Jones, Josh Navidi (c), Robin Copeland.
Replacements: Andi Kyriacou, Nathan Trevett, Benoit Bourrust, Macauley Cook, Andries Pretorius, Lewis Jones, Gareth Davies, Jason Tovey
Referee: Leighton Hodges (WRU)
Assistant Referees: Gwyn Morris, Wayne Davies (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: Richard Gwynn (WRU)
TMO: Paul Adams (WRU)

So the Blues have 4 flyhalves in the 23. I'm surprised not to see Patchell at 12, but with Fish injured he is moved to cover FB while Tovey covers 15 from the bench and Davies 10 and 12.

Predictions?

Ospreys to win with home advantage I expect, but I expect a fairly close affair with internationals away.

Last edited by wales606 on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Ospreys vs Cardiff Blues - Friday 19.05 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ospreys vs Cardiff Blues - Friday 19.05

Post by Cari Fri 30 Nov 2012, 8:53 pm

I thought the ref was a bit whistle happy. Chance for the Blues...which they fluff.

FT 33-12.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Ospreys vs Cardiff Blues - Friday 19.05 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ospreys vs Cardiff Blues - Friday 19.05

Post by LemonyVodka5 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 8:57 pm

How come?

He wasn't afraid to give early warnings for infringements at the scrum - how many times have we seen Refs give last warning after last warning?

He got that knock on spot on as confirmed by Nigel Owens "Second best Ref in the World".

The one contention for me was the mark by Ceri and watching the replay yes, he planted his feet, but my old and very tired eyes couldn't 'actually' (So it must be true Wink ) see him call the mark.

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonyVodka5 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:00 pm

Cari wrote:I thought the ref was a bit whistle happy. Chance for the Blues...which they fluff.

FT 33-12.

Is that because of his over exuberant volume with marks in the second half? Very Happy

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by sheephead Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

Morgan Allen is starting to make more of an impact on the game. I remember his Wales U20 games and was happy he signed, hope he will regain that form. Another game without shouting at fussel too!?!?!

sheephead

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 01 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

Morgan Allen reminds me of Ben Morgan but no so fat, he is a good prospect, should be a good replacement for Stowers.

Good game, I thought the Blues were going to come back into it, overall scores were fair.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3