The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Cusack signs new Glasgow deal

5 posters

Go down

Mike Cusack signs new Glasgow deal  Empty Mike Cusack signs new Glasgow deal

Post by George Carlin Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:55 am

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/5203-perfect-prop-osal-for-coo

Everyone's favourite immoveable object, Big Mike has signed up for another 3 years at Glasgow.

This is absolutely superb news - he's entering his pomp and is an absolute monster - 21 stone of wet Yorkshire sandbags. A good, honest traditional tighthead who doesn't fanny around with trying to be "good in the loose" or whatever other non-core skill you happen to name. He's worth at least a couple of scrum penalties per game at the moment (more if you're playing the Blues at the moment Run) and is a great impact sub for the last half an hour.

Honestly and truly, I hope that Lancaster leaves him well alone - he'll be eligible for Scotland in June 2014.

cake cake cake cake cake
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mike Cusack signs new Glasgow deal  Empty Re: Mike Cusack signs new Glasgow deal

Post by VinceWLB Tue 04 Dec 2012, 12:16 pm

Cracking news! Scotland can't wait to get him i guess.

You feel very confident about your scrum when you see him in the teamsheet.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Mike Cusack signs new Glasgow deal  Empty Re: Mike Cusack signs new Glasgow deal

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 04 Dec 2012, 12:43 pm

He's a good solid scrummager, but I'd like to see him doing more in the loose - rarely carries, and fairly slow to breakdowns imo. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he's signed, but I want to see him keep improving and not settle for the level he's currently at

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 04 Dec 2012, 12:48 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:He's a good solid scrummager, but I'd like to see him doing more in the loose - rarely carries, and fairly slow to breakdowns imo. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he's signed, but I want to see him keep improving and not settle for the level he's currently at
Asbo - he's a PROP. Like commenting that Finding Nemo seemed to have a lot of fish in it.

Wait until Radge comes along - he'll tell you. Props win penalties and get the first round in. Nothing more. I don't want a tighthead appearing in my offensive line. Feics everything up.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 04 Dec 2012, 1:20 pm

I'm actually with ASBO on this. He's a fantastic scrummager and long may that continue, but those of you who watched Cole and Corbisiero against the All Blacks will have seen two props also winning pens at the scrum, but in addition had fantastic workrates in the loose.

He's improving his workrate all the time, and I hope he sticks with that fitness element to his conditioning. He's a great prop currently, but he could be a really special prop at international level if he adds to his game.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 04 Dec 2012, 1:24 pm

Front row forwards are a bit like ugly ducklings. In the Scrum we do all the dirty work, at the breakdown we make a nuisence of ourselves spoiling the ball and lying in the way of the ball and take a good raking from the opposition.

However give a ball to a prop like I used to be and I could ghost past defenders, sell a wicked dummy and I had pace to burn. However that was so very long ago. Moreover I'm almost certain 98% of what I just said, particularly in this paragraph is true false. chin

In all seriousness Cusack is a proper old school no nonsense prop forward. Ok sure he doesn't get around the park like Corbisero or Jenkins for that matter but he has the athletic Glasgow backrow and the fairly Mobile Grant and MacArthur to make up for his short comings in the loose.

He certainly seems to comfortably eat his opposition at Scrum time and as has been noted can draw penalties at the scrum fairly well against just about all other opponents. He seemed to struggle against Munster though.

All in all a good signing for Glasgow and a player that does what's asked of him.

Would I be happy to see him play for Scotland? Not really sure. Our Scrum has seemed solid enough recently, even when Cross played against NZ it seemed to hold it's own and Cross brings a lot more bang for his buck in the loose.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down