The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pearson is triumphant down under

4 posters

Go down

Pearson is triumphant down under Empty Pearson is triumphant down under

Post by talkingpoint Sat 15 Dec 2012, 8:45 pm

Ross Pearson had a dominant performance, bar one scary moment right at the death of the first round against Sotiropoulos. Pearson had a blistering first round taking Sotiropoulos apart on the feet. Sotiropoulos lost his equilibrium entirely, but managed to recover and get a takedown on Pearson, enabling him to get his back for a rear naked choke at the death of the round. Pearson went head hunting in the second round being far more particular with his shots but came out in the third guns blazing with some good combinations of body and head shots to make Sotiropoulos turtle up for the TKO. Sotiropoulos has now lost three in a row and so is on thin ice. Pearson improves to 16-6. I think Pearson could potentially fight for the Lightweight title but he would need to put a string of wins together, something he has struggled with before. Pearson also admitted to having genuine animosity towards Sotiropoulos, which may account for his motivated performance.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Pearson is triumphant down under Empty Re: Pearson is triumphant down under

Post by westisbest Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm

recorded it and watched it this morning.

decent card.

when pearson connected with george thought he was down, his legs were wobbling big time.

thought the other 2 smashes fights were very good to.
whitteker looks good, although scott put up a good fight.

park is a solid fighter, did well to get the win, thought he would lose.

decent fights.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:43 am

Well done Pearson!

Only saw this fight from the card and he looked good.

I always thought whilst Pearson has good stand-up he lacks power but he looked very strong in this fight.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:48 pm

George got what he deserved.

Was an idiot all season.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 4:38 pm

Was happy to see George take a beating like that, i tried to remain neutral towards him on the series but he just acted like a humorless Muppet most of the time & kept repeating the same old 'joke' if you can call it that. A bad loser in the coaches challenge as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 19 Dec 2012, 3:21 pm

only watched this last night, pretty dominate performance by pearson, always looked like the knock out was on. it was always going to be about if george could get him to the ground or if pearson could keep it standing, while standing they were leagues apart. always thought george had dubious stand up

been impressed with whittaker, thought as the fight might wear on scott would come into it more and that whittakers best chance would be early on. in the second it seemed like it was going this way but whittaker was able to turn it round in impressive fashion in the third showing great cardio (something we hadnt seen in the show).

parke to was impressive, although i do think the freek show has poor stand up. he looks more dangerous on the ground. bit to easy to hit for such a tall fighter at the weight

the fight i was most looking forward to was lombard v palhares, always enjoy watching palhares trying to grab a leg, but lombard took him out with ease, then called bisping out. which would be a good fight, although i still have my doubts about bispings chin and getting knocked out, hendo obiviously did, thought wandi shaked him alot and since then he hasnt been in with many big punchers (bar perhaps stann). i think lombard might be bad news for him as he really is a explosive puncher.

i cant see bisping getting a title shot with silva, as the ufc will want some super fight in the usa to make the money. you only have to look at the adverts of the JDS and cain fight to see there really trying to get cain back in, they were so pro cain, using plenty of excuses and building him back up. having an amercian heavyweight champ means so much more $ to the ufc

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down