The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first?

3 posters

Go down

Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Vote_lcap36%Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Vote_lcap36%Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Vote_lcap27%Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Vote_lcap0%Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Empty Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first?

Post by lsabre Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:15 am

Last edited by lsabre on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm; edited 5 times in total

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Empty Re: Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first?

Post by nije.bevan Tue 10 May 2011, 12:31 pm

Some people think neither - well I think both will be upset if their best throws were set in MAy and in Brett's case has has valid warm up throws and practice throws beyong the UK record - the 66m one still stands alone as suspect even though a mate of mine did it. 65.12m is 2nd ranked which most people believe the be the uk record.

nije.bevan

Back to top Go down

Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first? Empty Re: Which Brit will top 65m in the men's discus first?

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2011, 9:54 am

It would be good to see Carl Myerscough, Brett Morse , Emeka Udechuku throwing in London next year, how good would that be!

Back to top Go down

Post by TrackHughes Fri 13 May 2011, 8:09 am

Abdul Buhari - already threw over 60 in a low key comp in loughborough this week

TrackHughes

Back to top Go down

Post by nije.bevan Tue 24 May 2011, 10:27 am

Two PB's at Lough int, abdul 61.78m, CHris Scott 61.20m Emeka 57m and Lawrence didn't manage a legal throw. Brett threw 61.27m to win the U23 Halle meet in what were not as good conditions as the day before. Nice to win again but for some reason was a little under par over the weekend. HArtings 68.99m throws on the video looked terrible technically but he still go it out to 68.99m. I was surprised how far everyone threw warming up and then threw considerably less in the competition. One chap threw about 58m standing and then 63 off a turn!

nije.bevan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:02 pm

Carls throw was in windy city well known for producing big throws, can this really be counted, should wind monitors now be used to validate throws, Bedford and Loughborough are great places to produce big jav throws and windy sprints which make a mockery of rankings and records.

I would add though that I have always thought that discus would be Carls best event and that anytime soon he will will surpass 65m in a big competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm

A nice breeze from behind acn be helpful to a vaulter, I do speak from personal experience here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 6:23 pm

That depends on the exact time and from which direction the wind was blowing and at what force, as we do not have wind meter readings for either of these events we cannot make a judgement can we.

Time will tell though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down