The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Famous Watson Brothers... err WHO?

3 posters

Go down

The Famous Watson Brothers... err WHO? Empty The Famous Watson Brothers... err WHO?

Post by School Project Wed 19 Dec 2012, 3:17 pm

Spoiler:

“Those guys, you know them, the two guys who are stood behind your favourite fighters in the ring. They are there in the press events, clapping and cheering. They’re sat next to Al Haymon, now their sat next to Oscar De La Hoya…

Who are they and what do they do again?”

There’s two faces in the ring that you’ll recognise but I bet you don’t know who on Earth they are or what they do.

Sam Watson is a good friend of Al Haymon, a big name in Boxing and close partner to Oscar De La Hoya. Sam Watson has two Sons, Marcus and Brandon. These are the guys you recognise. So what do they do?

It’s simple,

They look after the needs of fighters! When Floyd Mayweather wants the best penthouse suite available in New York to promote a show? They are the guys that “Hook-it-up”! Alvarez wants to have a bedtime story and a choco-milk? They “fix-it-up”.

They cater for the boxers needs, make them comfortable and handle/manage their outlays – example: Contractual issues because your sponsor needs you to wear Everlast gloves? That’s cool, your opponent can rock his Grants and they’ve made sure you’re wearing your Everlasts…

They ensure that big names appear in the Audience to support fighters, Cleverly wants Tom Jones and Mickey Rourke to have tickets? BOOM – done!

They seem like hangers on, but apparently, these guys work their arse’s off to make sure that the people they represent are 100% on the night.

SO, if anyone see these guys in the ring hyping up their fighters? Now you know who they are and what they do!

School Project

Back to top Go down

The Famous Watson Brothers... err WHO? Empty Re: The Famous Watson Brothers... err WHO?

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:05 pm

No lie, only 2 weeks ago I saw them (again) and thought about putting posting an article asking for someone to confirm who they are!

Cheers for the info!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

The Famous Watson Brothers... err WHO? Empty Re: The Famous Watson Brothers... err WHO?

Post by School Project Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:06 pm

They were one of Boxings modern mysteries!

I thought they were solely hype guys, but they sound pretty humble when you read interviews with them. They are just 2 massive boxing fans who get to work with the biggest names in the sport!

They're employed by the promoters at no cost to the fighters apparently, they just act as a "go between" to ensure things are provided at all times upon request so the fight isn't hampered.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:42 pm

Sounds like a dream job especially as they get front row seats to most of the big fights and share the atmosphere in the ring!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 19 Dec 2012, 8:48 pm

Tell me about it...

Get paid and be this guys friend. Get free boxing stuff and free tickets to the biggest shows in the World!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:27 am

Ha, great read SP, I had seen them loads of times, had actually wondered what they did always see them out and about in the big American fights.

Cool job, it sounds easier than it is, I imagine running around for people and trying to get people to do everything on time etc. relying on other people all the time is much harder than it sounds.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down