The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions League Draw for Last 16

+45
Steffan
Bull
kingraf
compelling and rich
Imperial Ghosty
SecretFly
dummy_half
SirJohnnyEnglish
MtotheC
ONETWOFOREVER
Dolphin Ziggler
Born Slippy
McLaren
nathan
Mad for Chelsea
cherriesfna
Henman Bill
spencerclarke
Soldier_Of_Fortune
mystiroakey
Nakatomi Plaza
Stella
JamesLincs
nasisillmatic
Fernando
hampo17
GSC
James_182
ManofSteel
skyeman
Ent
The Special Juan
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
Liam
monty junior
Duty281
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
User 774433
Crimey
Gregers
Kenny
liverbnz
Hero
49 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Champions League Draw for Last 16 - Page 2 Empty Champions League Draw for Last 16

Post by Hero Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Galatasaray v Schalke

Celtic v Juventus

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund

AC Milan v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Manchester United

Valencia v Paris St Germain

Porto v Malaga

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Champions League Draw for Last 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Draw for Last 16

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Juve are managing this game at the moment. Very Italian performance.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Champions League Draw for Last 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Draw for Last 16

Post by The Special Juan Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm

The corners are the only good thing about this game laughing
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 pm

PSG are definitely a (maybe not quite so) Dark Horse now. Such a good squad that shows how money can be spent, unlike City

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 pm

You can see why Juve went for Llorente. Missing someone who can make it stick up top.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:13 pm

That's a bit harsh on Man City. City did bring in players of sheer quality like Aguero, Yaya Toure & Silva, similar to the quality of PSG's signings of Ibrahimovic & Pastore for example. City won the EPL & PSG didn't last season. It's just that this summer Man City didn't push on and they bought in Sinclair, Garcia, Nastacic & Maicon which halted their momentum and that's why they've struggled. I would not expect PSG to make the same mistake this coming summer if they win the Ligue 1 & maybe get to this season's QF of the champions league or further.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Had to say, felt that was coming. Celtic huffed and puffed but Juve got it spot on tactically
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Marchisio is too good. Where Pirlo has been reasonably quiet tonight, Marchisio has played well. The midfield 3 of Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal must be one of the best in Europe, alongside Ozil-Khedira-Alonso and Cleverley-Carrick-Rooney Whistle
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Referee in this game needs to grow a pair of balls. How there hasn't been a penalty from one of the corners i will never know

Mark Clattenburg would have had a field day
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Don't pity Celtic. They get away with those against the other SPL teams so they're not getting a shred of sympathy from me. Forza Juve (cheats).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Juve have been close to giving penalties away at every corner, why isn't the official behind the goal mentioning this? Making a joke of this game.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:32 pm

If I didn't dislike Celtic so much, I may feel a bit sorry for them. As it is, meh.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Since when have refs ever given penalties from corners bar the odd few now and then.

Wouldn't be an issue if Celtic only way of attacking wasnt from corners
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Not the point though GSC, Hoopers booking in the first half was beyond a joke. The defender should have been penalised for that but wasn't, its what those extra officials are there to do.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Ultimately Celtic have been full of effort but short on actual quality. Juve bent but didnt break and did what Italian teams have done for decades
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Sour grapes to me, maybe one penalty I would of given during this game.

I've just heard someone stating that this Juventus side is 'average' and that there glad they don't have to tune into Italian football every week. picard

Juventus have come to Celtic a notoriously difficult ground to get a result and are leading 3-0. Perfect tactics of sitting back and then breaking. They didn't need to come and play technically superb, dominating football......Champions league football is about teamwork, tactics and in tight games the superior players producing on the highest stage. Tie Over.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:37 pm

This Juve side would be scary good with a good striker.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Talking of strikers, Ibrahimovic has just had a shocker. PSG's odds have just lengthened.....

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Cue Llorente in the summer. It'll be interesting to see if he fits in or not.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Never quite done it in the knockout rounds of the CL has Ibra. Arent his only goals past the group stage against Arsenal?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Cue Llorente in the summer. It'll be interesting to see if he fits in or not.

I think he will. The one thing Juve missed tonight was someone to make it stick up top. Vucinic was anonymous most of the game.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm

John wrote:That's a bit harsh on Man City. City did bring in players of sheer quality like Aguero, Yaya Toure & Silva, similar to the quality of PSG's signings of Ibrahimovic & Pastore for example. City won the EPL & PSG didn't last season. It's just that this summer Man City didn't push on and they bought in Sinclair, Garcia, Nastacic & Maicon which halted their momentum and that's why they've struggled. I would not expect PSG to make the same mistake this coming summer if they win the Ligue 1 & maybe get to this season's QF of the champions league or further.

Its not harsh at all, city bought Aguero, Yaya and Silva yes but they also bought Barry, milner and the like. PSG have bought Ibra, Pastore, Thiago Silva, Lucas, Lavezzi, Verratti... Bit of a difference in class

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:08 pm

I think we're in agreement on where City & PSG are but it's not only City who have had access to money and wasted it. All foreign owners flash the cash and ultimately fail on occassion. It's just that PSG seem to have understood the direction they want to go in with their latest signings, whereas City and Mancini don't. PSG have also had some poor signing Mohammed Sissoko, Maxwell, Mevlut Erdinc and a few others over the past few years.

Is Ibrahimovic suspended for three games? Can seem them beating Valencia at home but then things might get tricky for them depending on the draw without Ibra's team play, creativity and all-round threat.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I believe its only 1 game
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Is it an automatic 1 game ban but UEFA can increase it to 3 if they see fit?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm

PSG will chuck a few bob UEFA's way to make sure it's one game then Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:20 pm

#Dispatches. I think you're right; I don't see it being increased to 3 games.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Michele Platini at UEFA will make sure it's a one game ban. Also isn't it true that Michel Platini's son works for Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) who own PSG?

I'm sure I read that a while back.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Yes that's true OK That's also how the Financial Fair Play rules won't apply to them.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Aren't the Zenit owners big sponsors of UEFA as well? Swear I read that somewhere, it's how they'll get away with spending so much on Witsel and Hulk etc etc
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Hulk & Witsel were appaling signings for that amount of money and there all unhappy apparently within the dressing room. The fans have already been demanding the club get's rid of all non-white & gay players from the squad or something along those lines. Got to laugh. They probably won't even be in Champions League next year if Anzhi beat them to the spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Galatasaray v Schalke - Galatasaray to win (just got a feeling with the new signings and a momentum behind them)

Celtic v Juventus - Obviously Juventus

Arsenal v Bayern Munich - Bayern's sheer power, experience and professionalism will see them past Arsenal

Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund - Dortmund's recent form is horrible and many injuries. Shakhtar losing Willian probably just edges it for Dortmund

AC Milan v Barcelona - Can see Milan getting a draw at home but Barcelona at home will just breeze past them

Real Madrid v Manchester United - Probably the toughest call of them all but I can see Madrid doing this. United have not really experienced an offensive side like Madrid with the quality they possess in a while. Lack of a holding midfielder will be key and United's full backs (weak link) will be tested by Ronaldo to their limits. Close tie but Madrid just edge it for me, seeing as it's their only competition realistically left and they will be up for this and so will Mourinho.

Valencia v Paris St Germain - PSG will be too tough in the second leg and go through

Porto v Malaga - Malage are losing players and Porto have the quality and experience to go through.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 pm

This isn't a vintage United side, and its somewhat a testament to the decline of the PL that they're walking it.

That said, this isn't a vintage Madrid side either. Certainly haven't had a great season.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Galatasaray vs Schalke - Gala just Hunterlaar majorally out of form for Schalke

Celtic vs Juventus - I think that's obvious, No?

Arsenal vs Bayern - Im a gooner so is mandatory to say Arsenal, Theo may be able to get at Dante again

Shaktar vs Dortmund - Shaktar for me just the quality of the midfield will do it for them

AC Milan vs Barcelona - Logic says Barca but over the last few years Barca struggled vs Milan in the group stages so could be interesting

Real Madrid vs United - If United get away goal their get through for me , if not Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema will haunt them

Valencia vs PSG - An Ibraless PSG could be an interesting prospect would never rule out Valencia they perform at the weirdest of times

Porto vs Malaga - Porto having financial struggles at the moment so could be interesting now they've loaned out Rolando, If Isco can influence the game Malaga may be in with a shot dependent on the forwards as their in good form so Malaga just

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 am

Bare in mind that Shaktar don't have Willian any more I think Dortmund have got to be favourites for that one.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I'm picking:

Schalke
Juventus
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Valencia
Malaga
Looks like my initial prediction of Juve going through was right...just need Valencia to get their stuff together!

I was very impressed with Celtic last night, despite the result. They caused havoc going forward, just a shame they don't appear to have any defenders capable of, you know, defending.

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:59 am

I think Man Utd are going to scrape past Real Madrid.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Juventus will be a constant in the CL quarter finals at least, for the foreseeable future.

Everything about that club is geared towards success.

Hopefully the missing piece of the jigsaw ( a top class centreforward ) in Llorente will see them become a more feared outfit.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Away goal so important tonight for United. If they lose 2-1 tonight, I would still make them favourites to go through. Come on United!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:29 pm

I see the team being:

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Jones - Carrick
Valencia - Rooney - Cleverley?
Van Persie

There's no point in defending against this bunch. They're bad at the back so if you wanna beat them, you have to outscore them.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I see the team being:

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Jones - Carrick
Valencia - Rooney - Cleverley?
Van Persie

There's no point in defending against this bunch for 90 minutes like Celtic v Barca. They're bad at the back so if you wanna beat them, you have to outscore them, probably by hitting them on the counter. Pepe to get sent off for ending Van Persie's career.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Fergie's been listening to Vindaloo before the game, he's taken the we're-gonna-score-one-more-than-you approach. Rooney, RVP and Welbeck all starting.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Man Utd Team

De Gea,Rafael, Ferdinand,Evans, Evra,Jones,Carrick,Kagawa,Rooney,Welbeck,RVP

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Real

Lopez, Arbeloa, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao, Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema

Teams seem fairly even *cough*
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Madrid bench
Adán, Pepe, Kaká, Carvalho, Essien, Modric Higuaín

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:07 pm

I wonder if Benzema will turn up tonight. In the last few games I've seen him in he's looked rather.... tubby.

Their bench isn't too terrifying;

2 CB's, 1 GK, 2 players past their sell-by dates and one player who hasn't settled in Madrid. Higuain scares me though. Why am I not nervous?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:10 pm

It's been a long day. What I meant to say was that the bench isn't as terrifying as the starting XI. No Casillas is a bonus but Lopez is no slouch as we all know. Who's their captain?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Sergio Ramos I think.

Fergie has taken a massive risk with his selection, if it pays off it'll be excellent, but if Real Madrid are at it today they could build up quite a hefty lead going into the second leg.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Shakhtar Donetsk
30 Pyatov
03 Hubschman
26 Rat
27 Chigrinsky
44 Rakitskiy
07 Fernandinho
33 Srna
09 Luiz Adriano
22 Mkhitaryan
28 Taison
29 Alex Teixeira
Substitutes
32 Kanibolitskiy
13 Shevchuk
23 Ischenko
06 Stepanenko
20 Douglas Costa
11 Eduardo
18 Devic

Borussia Dortmund
01 Weidenfeller
15 Hummels
26 Piszczek
27 Felipe Santana
29 Schmelzer
05 Kehl
06 Bender
16 Blaszczykowski
09 Lewandowski
10 Goetze
11 Reus
Substitutes
20 Langerak
04 Subotic
37 Halstenberg
07 Leitner
18 Sahin
32 Bittencourt
23 Schieber

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Ramos wouldn't be my choice as captain!! Give it to Xabi!!

M'on Dortmund!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Might as well go for a couple of away goals. A 3-2/4-2 loss wouldnt be you out of the tie where as a 2-0 loss is more of a disadvantage due to the away goals rule
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next