The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby feasts await us in 2013

2 posters

Go down

Rugby feasts await us in 2013 Empty Rugby feasts await us in 2013

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:05 am

I was thinking about the rugby challenges ahead next year and in this festive period of gorging, I thought similar treats await us on the rugby fields next year.

6 Nations Well Wales fans probably don't want to think about rugby over Christmas but they are still Grand Slam champions this year. Meanwhile France look serious about playing rugby and have a formidable side. England's result against NZ has shown what they are capable of and given them big standards and expectations to meet. Ireland have been low on the radar but they will still be burning about that humiliation against England. Italy look more threatening to me from what I saw in the Autumn Series against NZ, Tonga and Australia and Scotland are not as bad as the doom and gloom that pervades around their fans after the Tonga loss. What the world rankings have shown is that it's tight and things are quite even. So what a fascinating tournament awaits. I'd love to see a 6N where at least three or four teams are battling it out for top honours and there's nothing in it.

Lions vs Australia. Love it or hate it these things build up great debate and plenty of anticipation. Australia are a canny team and have a knack of overperforming given the limitations of their resources. The Lions have a hard task of combining well together but pick the right pack and a mixture of guile and power in the backs and this could be one of the most hotly contested Lions tours in a long time. I will be watching this series with great interest.

France vs NZ. Humiliated in their last game against England. That doesn't happen too often. France will be burning about that loss at Eden Park in the RWC final. Where's the first game? Eden Park. Anyone going to miss that test? I certainly won't. Two very complete sides who can nullify the strengths of the other. What an enthralling battle! And we get 3 of these games. No one-offs. No saying we had an off day. This is war and the stakes are high.

RC - SA and Australia had a shocking year with injuries. That is extremely unlikely to happen again. They will be back and I for one am intrigued as to the direction SA will take. NZ didn't have to play well for 80 minutes but they won't have it so easy next year. Argentina need to raise their game even more and all eyes and support from neutrals all around the world will be hoping they can claim their first win in the tournament. SA had the best autumn record for the touring sides although props must be given to Manu Samoa and Tonga.

England vs NZ rematch. The AIG sponsorship will mean one less game for NZ next year but surely the NZRFU will find a way to get this rematch. And who would want to miss that if it does eventuate? Not I!

Add in club or provincial rugby and there is great interest for the year ahead. So feast up on turkey, mince pies, wine and whatever else food and drink gets within range of your hands because you'll need your strength for all that rugby next year. Let's bring it on like Donkey Kong. Rugby feasts await us in 2013 3933776953

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Rugby feasts await us in 2013 Empty Re: Rugby feasts await us in 2013

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:30 am

Here are my predictions:

France as 6N winners and England 2nd. No Grand Slam

Australia 2 - 1 Lions. Hope the last test is the decider.

NZ vs France 2 - 1. Hope for my heart the last test is not a decider but secretly wish that punishment on myself.

RC Have a feeling this is too close to call. Think it could be very close but will go for a NZ win.

England vs NZ. NZ responds well to disappointments but I don't think it'll be the commanding performance over England that they will have wished for. Still a NZ win.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 20 Dec 2012, 12:28 pm

Kia I read we're supposed to play France in the AIs. Would you be heading over for it? I'll be there with bells on I think.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 20 Dec 2012, 12:30 pm

Really? If it's in Paris then I reckon for sure. Add that to the feast!

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down