The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaga fined 300k and banned from European Competition for 4 years

4 posters

Go down

Malaga fined 300k and banned from European Competition for 4 years Empty Malaga fined 300k and banned from European Competition for 4 years

Post by GSC Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:25 pm

UEFA taking action on an overdue bank balance. Might see a few more Spanish clubs end up this way.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Malaga fined 300k and banned from European Competition for 4 years Empty Re: Malaga fined 300k and banned from European Competition for 4 years

Post by Liam Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Shame, just such a lack of financial input into the Spanish game atm and clubs like Malaga and many more will feel the brunt of it. Unfortunately their filthy rich owner got bored with the side and focused more on the harbour than the club.

They've got some fantastic players like Isco who will almost certainly be sold now to help with the payments. Just when the Spanish clubs were making great strides such as Athletico and Malaga, they are undone by money.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Malaga fined 300k and banned from European Competition for 4 years Empty Re: Malaga fined 300k and banned from European Competition for 4 years

Post by GSC Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:45 pm

The main problem lies in Madrid and Barca taking most of the pie and leaving the rest of squabble over the small amount left. Neither of the big 2 give a monkeys about the Spanish league ultimately, and both seem intent on creating a big European league to further increase revenue.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 pm

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/protectingthegame/financialfairplay/news/newsid=1908817.html

Just to clarify, Malaga have been barred from the next Uefa competition they qualify for. They'll be banned for another one within the next four years if they don't prove to UEFA by March 31 that they have paid their football and tax debts

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Whilst I applaud UEFA for taking this hard line and giving Malaga this heavy and deserved punishment, I somehow doubt they would give such a ban against a bigger european club such as United/Madrid/Munich/Barcelona etc.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down