The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DDT4

4 posters

Go down

DDT4 Empty DDT4

Post by Hero Sat 22 Dec 2012, 11:49 am

What's DDT4 you may ask?

Its an annual tag team tournament run by Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and takes place in January.
And for the next one boy have they gone to town on who they have got for it...

The teams are as follows:

The Super Smash Brothers

FutureShock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly)

The Briscoes

Ricochet & Rich Swann

Dojo Bros. (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong)

The Unbreakable F'ing Machines (Michael Elgin & Brian Cage)

The Young Bucks

And finally...

Kevin Steen & El Generico

Not only that but there's a singles match between Sami Callihan and Drake Younger.

What a card!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

DDT4 Empty Re: DDT4

Post by The_Enigma Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:10 pm

DDT4 is actually taking place a lot earlier in 2013 because of booking issues. It normally takes place around March/April time, but they wanted to to fit everybody in so they've had to move it to the first show of the year. It's the Briscoe's first appearence in PWG for a couple of years now

I actually just receieve my DDT4 2012 DVD, I never seen or bought anything from PWG, but from reviews and clips I've seen, they just want to but on a fun show and normally have a fantastic match card.

Anybody who knows anything about indy wrestling will see that Kevin Steen & El Generico are teaming together, that will be interesting, they could either rip each other apart leaving at the first round, or go onto win the whole DDT4.

Super Smash Brothers go in as the current PWG tag team champions. They actually lost a non-title match to Eddie Edwards & Roddy Strong at the last show, so they'll have a point to prove. This tournment could go anyway, there's no real clear favoute to win next year

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 24 Dec 2012, 2:42 pm

El Generico's injured & has pulled out of DDT4.

Maybe there was some lasting damage from his brutal match at Final Battle

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Mon 24 Dec 2012, 6:11 pm

Shoulder Injury, which he was holding at FB

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:15 pm

I actually managed to watch DDT4 2012 on DVD over the past couple of days. Now this was my first PWG show I'd ever seen, so I wasn't 100% sure what I was about to see. Up to this point, I'd only ever seen video clips from a few of the shows.

First and fourmost I was suprized by how good the production and quality set-up was, considering this is a indy promotion which not many of you will have even heard off it was a lot better than what I've seen with the issues ROH have had. Each match on the card was unique in it's own way, they all started out completely different and all had different finishes to them, it wasn't just recycled material and some of the spots in there were something I'd never seen before. Even with some of the teams wrestling up to 3 matches on the show they went full-out to give the fans a very enjoyable show. Overall I was very suprized by how good the match quality is throughout.

Watching this has now got me very excited to see what happens at DDT4 2013 which takes place on 12th January.

With El Generico withdrawing from the show, Kevin Steen will now team with Willie Mack and will be known as "2 Husky Guys"

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 09 Jan 2013, 5:34 pm

Generico Back In

PWG ‏@OfficialPWG - 6h
Even though he's injured, El Generico insists on being at PWG for DDT4! He's back in the tournament with Kevin Steen!

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum