The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Froch vs Kessler Off?

+12
John Bloody Wayne
Volcanicash
Lumbering_Jack
Steffan
Super D Boon
Gordy
SharkSoul
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
Imperial Ghosty
azania
davidemore
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Froch vs Kessler Off? - Page 2 Empty Why Froch vs Kessler Off?

Post by davidemore Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone know why? Big disappointment if so, really was looking forward to this fight, it was going to be a barn buster. Also, for Froch's record and legacy, hugely important.

Eddie Hearn has been selling it for weeks so for it to be off now is a shocker really. Even Kessler said he wanted it.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Why Froch vs Kessler Off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Froch vs Kessler Off?

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 7:11 pm

Cynic.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sat 05 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

There's nothing at all cynical about it. The Europeans define themselves with belts. Froch without a belt does nothing for Kessler who doesn't really need to take Froch's name because he's already done so.

Froch should forget about Ward (he's not going to beat him) and Kessler (will be awkward as he's a Sauerland fighter and they tend not to go in against live opponents!). Froch should move up and target Dawson. A very winnable fight and chance to be a divisional number 1.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 05 Jan 2013, 7:39 pm

Froch has little change against Dawson at LHW in my opinion. He wouldnt beat Ward in a million years. Doubt he would beat Kessler. Agree though Kessler got nothing to gain from fighting a man who he beat fair and square yet all Froch did was moan he was robbed. I respect Froch in the ring outside it he is one pathetic individual (turns up 'My Nottingham Ghetto Gospel' on the stereo)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 05 Jan 2013, 8:02 pm

I don't understand why people don't like Froch. Unlike virtually all other fighters he tries to take on the best. Boxing would be a better place with more people like Froch.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 05 Jan 2013, 8:06 pm

Here, here lumbering. And Super Boon, didn't Kelle S and his promotional company put both Abraham and Kessler into the Super Six. Ab's had his 0 and was making him millions in Germany. Kessler was also doing fairly well i remember, he had the WBA strap. Hardly protecting a fighter now, is it?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 05 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm

Froch walks around at 170-175 max. He is a completely natural 168 fighter, he'll never move up and why should he. If anyone should it's Ward. He fought 175 at the Olympics and cleaned out SM.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 8:32 pm

You're right Froch looks like a small 168er..........Not sure there is much in it for him to move up.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 05 Jan 2013, 9:13 pm

Froch has talked before about stepping down if the ibf don't sanction a fight with Kessler or Ward. The ibf need him for credibility than the other way round.

And Ward looked absolutely sensational against Dawson on Hbo who must be falling over themselves to keep him away from showtime. At 28 he is the future of boxing irrespective if he faces Kessler or Froch again. Yes they're good paydays but he is the no.1 and deserves to call the shots, not the other way round.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:16 pm

Steffan wrote:Froch has little change against Dawson at LHW in my opinion. He wouldnt beat Ward in a million years. Doubt he would beat Kessler. Agree though Kessler got nothing to gain from fighting a man who he beat fair and square yet all Froch did was moan he was robbed. I respect Froch in the ring outside it he is one pathetic individual (turns up 'My Nottingham Ghetto Gospel' on the stereo)

Disagree on Froch having little chance against Dawson. A guy with little power who often gets lazy and switches off would likely get walked down by Froch if he's anything like he has been in his last couple of fights.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:02 pm

Volcanicash Ward has to stay active. One fight in a year is nowhere near enough to keep him up there among the P4P best. No way.

Just read this on Froch:

http://www.boxingscene.com/carl-froch-vacate-ibf-title-if-needed-kessler--61123

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:19 pm

Well, if Froch's own word is to be believed, he'll do whatever it takes to avoid what will (probably) be a time waster of a fight against Stevenson to make sure of the Kessler rematch. Has anyone else been reading 'Boxing News' this week? Quote from Froch:

"I can't say I'm too fussed about the title, really. At this stage of my career I don't want to be told what I can and what I can't do by the IBF - I've earned the right to have the Kessler rematch."

So basically, it seems Froch would be willing (or at least would have been willing) to ditch the belt in order to get another crack at Kessler. Which is why I'm surprised at these 'negotiations' (which seem to have some legs to them) from Stevenson's camp.

Unfortunately, I fear that Carl may well have to part company with his strap if he's going to get another Kessler bout. I used to think that Kessler would have been happy to come over to the UK for it. Now, however, I'm having doubts and if Froch didn't have the belt to bargain with, then it's almost certain that, while he'd get the fight, it'd be over in Denmark again.

Incidentally, with the point Boon touched upon, Kessler and his team are happily marketing him as a 'world champion' again after winning the 'regular' (!!!) WBA title against Magee, so I think that if he can get the fight in his backyard it'll do big business once more.

Oddly enough, the subject of how Ward may be running a little short on proper challengers at 168 / 175 lb was also touched upon in BN this week - they suggested an 'out there' move and him going up to Cruiser to challenge Huck. Would certainly shake up the sport if he did - what do we all reckon to that idea?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:03 am

davidemore wrote:Volcanicash Ward has to stay active. One fight in a year is nowhere near enough to keep him up there among the P4P best. No way.

Just read this on Froch:

http://www.boxingscene.com/carl-froch-vacate-ibf-title-if-needed-kessler--61123

In all fairness, Ward has been injured.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:04 am

88Chris05 wrote:Well, if Froch's own word is to be believed, he'll do whatever it takes to avoid what will (probably) be a time waster of a fight against Stevenson to make sure of the Kessler rematch. Has anyone else been reading 'Boxing News' this week? Quote from Froch:

"I can't say I'm too fussed about the title, really. At this stage of my career I don't want to be told what I can and what I can't do by the IBF - I've earned the right to have the Kessler rematch."

So basically, it seems Froch would be willing (or at least would have been willing) to ditch the belt in order to get another crack at Kessler. Which is why I'm surprised at these 'negotiations' (which seem to have some legs to them) from Stevenson's camp.

Unfortunately, I fear that Carl may well have to part company with his strap if he's going to get another Kessler bout. I used to think that Kessler would have been happy to come over to the UK for it. Now, however, I'm having doubts and if Froch didn't have the belt to bargain with, then it's almost certain that, while he'd get the fight, it'd be over in Denmark again.

Incidentally, with the point Boon touched upon, Kessler and his team are happily marketing him as a 'world champion' again after winning the 'regular' (!!!) WBA title against Magee, so I think that if he can get the fight in his backyard it'll do big business once more.

Oddly enough, the subject of how Ward may be running a little short on proper challengers at 168 / 175 lb was also touched upon in BN this week - they suggested an 'out there' move and him going up to Cruiser to challenge Huck. Would certainly shake up the sport if he did - what do we all reckon to that idea?

Damn it Chris, I forgot about the WBA "Regular tinfoil, couldn't give a toss strap" that Kessler's now got! That's a complete farce of a title! Damn the WBA and their Regular, Super rubbish!

As for Ward at cruiser he'd be running all night against Huck. he'd have to have good legs as Huck (despite being a ridiculously limited boxer) is a fine athlete and hard puncher and with Ward's relative lack of punch power at Super Middle, his punches would be like pillows up at cruiserweight. I fail to see how he'd keep Huck off him. That would be one hell of an intruiging match up though.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:06 am

88Chris05 wrote:Well, if Froch's own word is to be believed, he'll do whatever it takes to avoid what will (probably) be a time waster of a fight against Stevenson to make sure of the Kessler rematch. Has anyone else been reading 'Boxing News' this week? Quote from Froch:

Huck would murder him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:35 am

Amongst all these conspiracy theories why has know one thought of the answer hiding in plain sight. Froch lost to Kessler before and does not want to fight him again because he would lose.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:05 am

Gordy, Froch isn't afraid of any SM. How do i know? He fought the best out there. All of them .

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

When are we gonna forget about this silly Froch vs Kessler rematch!? We have our other world champion, the unbeaten lion Cleverly taking on the unstoppable force of nature.......Karsqi-~(orwhateverhescalled).
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 06 Jan 2013, 1:25 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:When are we gonna forget about this silly Froch vs Kessler rematch!? We have our other world champion, the unbeaten lion Cleverly taking on the unstoppable force of nature.......Karsqi-~(orwhateverhescalled).

Exactly. If Froch beats Kessler he'll be WBA "Regular Faux leather Diamante 9 carat" champion. At least Cleverly will hold a recognised world title. I say we get behind Clevery now!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 2:45 pm

davidemore wrote:Gordy, Froch isn't afraid of any SM. How do i know? He fought the best out there. All of them .

And lost

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 3:40 pm

Gordy wrote:Amongst all these conspiracy theories why has know one thought of the answer hiding in plain sight. Froch lost to Kessler before and does not want to fight him again because he would lose.

Gordy, Froch wants the fight, he feels he is the better fighter & was hard done by (I dont btw) & wants to set the record straight by fighting him again & beating him this time. Its boxing politics that are going to prevent this happening unless Froch gives up his belt, not froch spinning us a yarn that he wants a rematch just to pull out now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 3:44 pm

sohotnot wrote:
Gordy wrote:Amongst all these conspiracy theories why has know one thought of the answer hiding in plain sight. Froch lost to Kessler before and does not want to fight him again because he would lose.

Gordy, Froch wants the fight, he feels he is the better fighter & was hard done by (I dont btw) & wants to set the record straight by fighting him again & beating him this time. Its boxing politics that are going to prevent this happening unless Froch gives up his belt, not froch spinning us a yarn that he wants a rematch just to pull out now!

So when Froch claims he wants a fight against a fighter that beat him that makes it a fact but when I say Lewis claims he was able to continue against McCall and it was a blatant stitch up its a conspiracy theory?

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 06 Jan 2013, 3:51 pm

Gordy wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

So when Froch claims he wants a fight against a fighter that beat him that makes it a fact but when I say Lewis claims he was able to continue against McCall and it was a blatant stitch up its a conspiracy theory?

Froch's track record for fighting the best in his weight class, and the fact he is so adamant he wants the fight makes it not fact, but it is as close as you can get with this sort of thing. Lewis might have been stitched up. We just don't care for you banging on about it on a Froch thread. Go start another thread about it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

Gordy wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

Froch has said in interviews he wants the rematch just as Lewis wanted the rematches with those that 'on record' beat & drew with him.

I haven't said you are making up a conspiracy theory

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 06 Jan 2013, 4:12 pm

Sadly Froch will win on this occasion. Despite Kessler's thmuping victories of late, they've been against sub par opponents and apart from that the Dane's looked a bit batte weary and sloppy.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Gordy wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

Froch's track record for fighting the best in his weight class, and the fact he is so adamant he wants the fight makes it not fact, but it is as close as you can get with this sort of thing. Lewis might have been stitched up. We just don't care for you banging on about it on a Froch thread. Go start another thread about it.

He has a track record for losing to the best at his weight class.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

Gordy wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
Gordy wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

He has a track record for losing to the best at his weight class.

No shame in losing to the best especially when one is Andre Ward, who he wants a rematch with although he'll lose that imo. Kessler I feel he could beat if he prepares properly & is 100% focused on the night & keeps the work rate up. Interestingly many considered Bute the no 2 in the weight class & look what happend there!

If fighters didn't lose to the best then the best wouldn't be the best, the whole division cant be the best. Better to lose to the best than a sparring partner & an also ran!

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:59 pm

purses: Ward $1,367,500; Dawson $600K

$700 000 gate
1.3m viewers
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 06 Jan 2013, 6:35 pm

Froch has his faults but being a ducker is quite clearly not one of them, yes he's lost to Ward and Kessler but he has enough good wins to prove he's a world class fighter. Ordinary fighters don't consistently beat the likes of Dirrell, Taylor, Bute, Pascal and Abraham.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2