The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A timely reminder...

+3
Lumbering_Jack
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
7 posters

Go down

A timely reminder... Empty A timely reminder...

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:26 am

Keiran Farrell has had to retire due to brain damage he suffered against Anthony Crolla last year.

When we whinge about fighters and their reluctance to do this, that or the other, we should always remember just how dangerous an occupation it is.

Best wishes to the lad and, thankful for small mercies, it was found now and not before it was too late.

Apologies for the source.

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

A timely reminder... Empty Re: A timely reminder...

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:56 am

Saw this on sky this morning, as you have alluded to Tina, a sobering thought. Can only be grateful the medical checks for boxers in this country are amongst the best in the world as it does appear this has been caught early enough to not have any lasting impact.

Did not read your link though Tina, at what point does it blame illegal immigrants for the injury?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:57 am

Part of the reason I am considering giving up... I'm never going to earn any kind of money boxing and although most the stuff I do is in a headguard it is not without dangers... Plus my employer hates black eyes, gives a bad impression apparently... Judgemental...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:09 am

Rowley wrote:

Did not read your link though Tina, at what point does it blame illegal immigrants for the injury?

It doesn't, although I'm sure the editors were loathe to leave the dirty foreigners out of the story.

I think you're right about the medical system here now. It has made huge strides since the Watson and Eubank fight and although that very nearly ended in tragedy, some genuine good has come from it.

The key is to not stand still and keep evolving the processes. The BMA, in particular, will always have the sport in their cross hairs, so the people at the very top of the game have to keep working with the medical fraternity to implement change and improvements.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:15 am

poor guys only 22...gutted for him!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

Judging by your posting...It's already too late for you Lumbering.....

Sorry for this brave guy......kind of shows the dangers involved in the sport.....

Hope everything works out for him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:35 am

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:poor guys only 22...gutted for him!

Aye, very sad, but in some ways, it is a blessing as he has plenty of time to find another career. He is still young enough to go back to education or pick up a trade.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Judging by your posting...It's already too late for you Lumbering.....

Sorry for this brave guy......kind of shows the dangers involved in the sport.....

Hope everything works out for him..

Would it help if I had an anti England agenda?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:39 am

Not a good time to go back into education.....Grants being a thing of the past (I was lucky)....

I imagine like most fighters he turned to the prize ring because education isn't his strong point...

Who knows.........I'm sure he'll have offers from good people who will learn of his plight....

Never underestimate the human spirit.........Anyone with the bottle to get in the ring...will have plenty of bottle to get over this setback..

I'll check for vacancies at the Oyster

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:00 pm

Very sad news and hopefully he can recover fully and get on with his life.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:27 pm

Poor guy. Wishing him the best in his retirement

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down