The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kazaniels Interview (by Uryu)

Go down

Kazaniels Interview (by Uryu) Empty Kazaniels Interview (by Uryu)

Post by Adam D Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

Looking from the Stage to the Ring by Rob Lee

As soon as i saw the message, I giggled. An opportunity like this was impossible to pass up for me as I saw the names of Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian. I only had about eight hours to get ready for one of the best hours of my life. Wednesday January ninth will be remembered as the day I was metres away from greatness.

I was nervous as soon as I got confirmation, how often do you get to be friendly with the guys who make you laugh on a weekly basis just by being themselves? I struggled for questions as I did not want to resort to basic ones that would be asked by others, I wanted to impress straight away. The hours leading up to it were me trying to distract myself from my nerves as I researched them. I know of the history the pair as pioneers of the X Division and the matches they can turn from average to "WOW!" Unbreakable 2005 and Genesis 2007 being examples of their abilities in singles competition. Their entertainment recently with the impression of James Storm on Impact and the Santa segment two weeks before that told me that I was in for a treat. I had seen the segments before but I needed my memory refreshing and I am glad I did it as they proved themselves once agan as the most entertaining thing I have heard in a long time.

As I phoned the number, nerves hit again as the classical music hit. Seven minutes were a mental agony as I thought I had the wrong time. I heard the woman promote all of Genesis, the Jokers Wild tournament and the X Division showcase as I sighed happily and heard their voices. The first question I heard was a real curve ball to me but I expected one like this, just not this early as PWI Insider discussed TNA's PPV strategy with them and it was really informative to hear the buisness sides of them talking as they agreed TNA is Quality > Quantity. Several questions barelled by as I was starting to relax a little as they were making me laugh and before I knew it I was up. The nerves returned and I praised them for being the best thing on TV but when my question wanted to come out my mouth wasn't working. I was wearing the vocal equivilant of beer goggles as I couldnt speak. I got the question out on my second attempt as the response cheered up my instant fear of dread I had for screwing up my line. I had to remember that everyone here was an expert and I was a rookie in this.

They were comedic throughout the conference call as they joked with Angrymarks.com about their name and they were HappyMarks.com now. The pair mentioned a Christopher Daniels museum in Scotland as well as several Kazarian Hall of Fame buildings across the USA. Both were really enthusiastic when answering every single question and all I could do was enjoy the answers they gave to everything inbetween the jokes they made about other TNA superstars such as James Storms comic avatar being Mighty Mouse and them telling one caller not to do drink and drive, only to recieve the reply "I have done worse!" which caught them off guard. I wish I had gotten another question in but the one I asked albiet asked very poorly, was enough for me.

As the call was ended and I looked at my notes that I had hurridly typed throughout the call, all I could do was smile as I enjoyed the hell out it. Yeah things were not one hundred percent perfect but just hearing them made me ignore it as I had been entertained by voice alone by the World Tag Team Champions of the World and that was worth it. I stood on the vocal stage of TNA and looked down at the ring and saw greatness. I may not get in the ring with them any time soon but I am one tiny step closer today. Hopefully a visual look at greatness will get me one step closer when they arrive in Nottingham.

Click Here to listen

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down