The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Kessler the Most Respected Fight Dodger Active at World Level?

+13
The Boss
superflyweight
TheMackemMawler
eddyfightfan
TRUSSMAN66
spencerclarke
88Chris05
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
captain carrantuohil
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
davidemore
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Kessler the Most Respected Fight Dodger Active at World Level? - Page 2 Empty Is Kessler the Most Respected Fight Dodger Active at World Level?

Post by davidemore Sun 13 Jan 2013, 7:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hear me out.

I love to watch the great Dane, Miiiiiiiikkel Kessler fight. He leaves it all in the ring, travels to do so, and has given us showreel KO's over the years. That Green KO would win a boxing Oscar, if we had one.

However, consider the following:

After fighting Joe C, a fight which i gave him HUGE respect for taking by the way, 50,000 fans and an undefeated Welshman must have been really nerve racking to face, and Mikkel did himself very proud. Still, once that fight was over he fought fodder in order to reclaim a title. That was disappointing.

Once you reach the world level and compete as well as he did, why tune up and manufacture belts? Why not continue to fight the best around? Froch back then would have been decent, Bika is always up for a scrap, even Magee a bit earlier would have topped the bums he fought to reclaim the WBA. Also, a move to LH was not out of the question. HBO had showcased him well with the JC fight and Glenn Johnson, Roy Jones and others were there at LH.

When he fought Andre Ward, a fight i really respected him for taking as it was in the yanks backyard, we saw the same thing happening again. Well, kind of.

A push to win a manufactured title seems to have been Kessler's goal, and now he has the WBA. In order for that to happen there have been several fights against complete hags over the last two years, AND a departure from the Super Six. Yes, he beat Froch before he began to do these things, but surely contracts dictated he took that fight? and home advantage surely helped convince him to stick around at world level for one more ruck.

I fear that Kessler is going to avoid Froch and cash in on his title reign. He wont make as much money in one single fight, but i think he knows Froch beasts him in a rematch, and will look to fight three or so more bums and then retire. I doubt he'll even face Bute or Pavlik, two easy scalps for him IMO. Both are shot after bad beatings.

Is Kessler a hyped fraud these days, cashing in on his old reputation?

Thoughts?

Last edited by davidemore on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Is Kessler the Most Respected Fight Dodger Active at World Level? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Kessler the Most Respected Fight Dodger Active at World Level?

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 13 Jan 2013, 10:28 pm

steam
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Is Kessler the Most Respected Fight Dodger Active at World Level? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Kessler the Most Respected Fight Dodger Active at World Level?

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 13 Jan 2013, 10:30 pm

Kessler is already defined Emore, just like Froch he was very good but not quite good enough for the elite. Beating Froch again isn't going to erase the Ward and Calzaghe loses for him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 13 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

It will help, and from there he'd get Ward. You have to have a broader look at this imperial, you're too narrow.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 Jan 2013, 10:42 pm

davidemore wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:He has only lost two fights you moron Laugh How can you discern a tendency from one instance

Two you monkey. After he left the Super Six he went on the 'rebuild' to title glory. Much like he did after JC.

Either that or he accepted a champions mandatory defence while everyone else of note in his division was busy with the super 6.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:14 am

Update on the biggest potential fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/froch-kessler-deadline-looms-70-30-chance-deal--61365

We know who is bringing the 70 percent will to fight.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

Kessler is not a dodger so the entire premise of the article sinks before it leaves port.

Its becoming increasingly pathetic watching davidemore run off to the mods everytime someone disagrees with him.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:22 am

I did warn everyone that this idiot would quickly revert to the pathetic attention seeking numpty from the old 606 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:16 pm

Riddle me this, davide. If Kessler is "shot" and a "fraud" as you stated then how will froch beating him even up the stakes for Kessler winning the 1st fight? Surely Froch seeking a fight with such a boxer should be considered as The Cobra looking an easy fight using your logic here.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:21 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Euros love their belts so now that Froch wants to discard the nice shiny red one what exactly has Froch got to offer Kessler?

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:21 pm

This whole article is the contents of my ballsack.

What a joke. Kessler, compared to Cleverly! This man, who has fought Ward, Froch, Andrade, Mudine, Calzaghe - is a ducker? Is a fraud?

You talk utter rubbish emore.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:28 pm

davidemore wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:kessler is missing a few big name wins from his cv, froch, ward and calzaghe are his best fights and he lost all three imo, but 2 of them werent even close. that said he has stepped in with the best and can never be called a ducker.

i think froch should be rated higher in the all time rankings even if they dont fight again- he has several big names in his win colum whereas kessler has almost none (especially for 40 odd fights)

The guy needs a defining win. This Froch fight gives him that chance. It's a huge fight now. HUGE. angel

Perhaps I dreamt it but I could have sworn he fought and beat Froch in Denmark a couple of years ago in a close fight with a fair outcome............ Erm

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:36 pm

Incorrect, Boon. Froch was 'robbed', remember?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:44 pm

Its going to depend on what Froch is offering obviously. He wants the fight in the UK, which already is an advantage to him so it depends on whether the money being stumped up suits Kessler. Kessler has his own trinket now which doesn’t count for much less than Frochs while Ward is in the division.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 14 Jan 2013, 1:23 pm

The money is around 1.5 to 2 million a man. Ward wont have earnt that much yet. Huge payday.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:00 pm

we should organise everyone to select the foe option for a certain attention seeker, the board would be much better off without his drivel

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:10 pm

Lance wrote:we should organise everyone to select the foe option for a certain attention seeker, the board would be much better off without his drivel

OK

As long as that person isn't me.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:23 pm

Latest update from Carl Froch. About three hours ago.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,13273_8396701,00.html

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2