The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gardening Thread

2 posters

Go down

The Gardening Thread Empty The Gardening Thread

Post by Kaiser Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:29 pm

though this might take off if there are any gardeners out there willing to give their knowledge to a new start who needs some help.

so here we go

i have a Kiwi plant which i have grow over the last year now standing around 7ft tall, i am just starting to trail the lateral's accross a trellised wall, the problem i am having is the wall has plenty of cracks and grooves which are holding slugs and snails which have taken a shine to my kiwi leaves, are there any good liquid snail killers that wont affect cats, or any other ideas i could use, the plant looks good one day and 3 leaves will be gone the day after and its getting me down

thanks in advance
Kaiser

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

The Gardening Thread Empty Re: The Gardening Thread

Post by Doon the Water Thu May 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Wormery

If you have not got one do so immediately.

We started ours about 5 years ago and have had loads of superb free compost, about two wheelie bins a year. You just let the worms work away and there is no smell or fluids. Some folk even keep them in thier utility room.

You can buy the worms and wormery on line.

You put all of your vegetable waste plus egg shells, tea bags, coffee grinds etc in.
No food waste such as meat,fish etc and no citrus fruit.

I generally mix the worm compost with plain compost as it seems very rich

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down