The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore?

+20
Irishhoneymonster
bsando
Morgannwg
Norfolklass
Glas a du
damage_13
Bathman_in_London
Luckless Pedestrian
RuggerRadge2611
red_stag
Geordie
nobbled
Sugarlump
Cyril
UlstermaninGlasgow
Effervescing Elephant
thebluesmancometh
captain carrantuohil
Jimpy
BATH_BTGOG
24 posters

Go down

BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore? Empty BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore?

Post by BATH_BTGOG Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 pm

From the BBC website

"England's World Cup-winning coach Sir Clive Woodward is joining the BBC to give his expert opinion on the Six Nations.
Woodward will join pundits including Jonathan Davies, Jeremy Guscott and Keith Wood when the opening games start on Saturday 2 February.
John Inverdale presents the BBC's TV coverage, with Eddie Butler, Andrew Cotter and Alastair Eykyn commentating."

No Moore? I hope they're wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21162741
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore? Empty Re: BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore?

Post by Jimpy Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 pm

I have three cats that could replace Butler, Cotter and Eykyn.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore? Empty Re: BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore?

Post by captain carrantuohil Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Think that Moore will still be a match summariser, presumably riding shotgun on Butler. Matthews will be another, I imagine, and so will Andy Nicol, I expect. SCW is merely joining the studio talking heads, which will undoubtedly irritate half the forum.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 pm

If Moores out, I'm out!!!

Where has he gone? Surely he wouldve left for only 2 reasons, better offer or sacked for doing something wrong.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Just tweeted Moore and he's replied that he definitely is commentating, whether we like it or not. thumbsup

Last edited by Effervescing Elephant on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out the most important word, FFS.)
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 pm

I hope they manage to get Mossy and Shane Williams back as guest pundits. Two very insightful guys, and a damn sight better than Jiffy and Nicol...
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Effervescing Elephant wrote:Just tweeted Moore and he's replied that he definitely is commentating, whether we like it or not. BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore? 732107
Hah, great reply BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore? 3497602689

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
Effervescing Elephant wrote:Just tweeted Moore and he's replied that he definitely is commentating, whether we like it or not. BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore? 732107
Hah, great reply BBC 6 nations sign up SCW, but no Brian Moore? 3497602689

Moore cracks me up, I love his lovehate/hatehate relationship with the poetry spouting Butler, let the battle commence! boxing

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:30 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:I hope they manage to get Mossy and Shane Williams back as guest pundits. Two very insightful guys, and a damn sight better than Jiffy and Nicol...

+1
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 pm

But we still have to put up with the feckin irritating and clueless Inverdale!!

How do him and that Adrian Chiles get these high profile spots???!!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Not really comfortable with SCW as a pundit - is it going to be a critical analysis or a "they're not doing it as well as I would" scenario?

Can't stand Guscott and Jiffy at the best of times, but adding SCW could be a disaster - hope I'm wrong!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:But we still have to put up with the feckin irritating and clueless Inverdale!!

How do him and that Adrian Chiles get these high profile spots???!!!

It's not who you know, it's who you blow Whistle

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:36 pm

I must admit SCW isn't too bad. His efforts on SKY at the weekend weren't too bad, and he does know what he's talking about, unlike certain former Wales and England players... Whistle
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Watch RTE instead.

You get a Punch and Judy show between the Pantomime Villain (George Hook) and the smiley Yes Man (Brent Pope).

Then you have either Shane Horgan or Conor O'Shea to talk the technical stuff.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:I hope they manage to get Mossy and Shane Williams back as guest pundits. Two very insightful guys, and a damn sight better than Jiffy and Nicol...

+1,

Furthermore no Moore would be a mistake!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm

nobbled wrote:Not really comfortable with SCW as a pundit - is it going to be a critical analysis or a "they're not doing it as well as I would" scenario?

Can't stand Guscott and Jiffy at the best of times, but adding SCW could be a disaster - hope I'm wrong!

SCW provided punditry for the Tigers v Toulouse game last weekend. He was very good I thought, not at all like that.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Jimpy wrote:
nobbled wrote:Not really comfortable with SCW as a pundit - is it going to be a critical analysis or a "they're not doing it as well as I would" scenario?

SCW provided punditry for the Tigers v Toulouse game last weekend. He was very good I thought, not at all like that.

I hope the same holds true for England then. Don't get me wrong - I respect the man - just not sure on the dynamic of having an Ex-England coach commentating.

nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:But we still have to put up with the feckin irritating and clueless Inverdale!!

You can call him irritating (not that he irritates me) but I don't think you can call him clueless. Doesn't he still play?

On Jiffy, I think he's fine and he knows what he's talking about, but he shouldn't be allowed to be co-commentator on Wales games.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 pm

It did seem in the weeks prior to the NZ game as if SCW was trying to talk himself into a director of rugby role I thought if you read his articles in the paper. That seems to have subsided now a little but if England dont do well i'm sure he wont be afraid to say how he would change it.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:20 pm

I wonder who they'll have in the studio for the French and Italian games.

Thomas Castaignède was good as was Ibanez.

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Woodward is so blydi boring.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Castaignède was very good. Cracking player too.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Glas a du wrote:Woodward is so blydi boring.

It's the utter smugness I cannot stand.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 pm

SCW is hardly a personality, but then neither is Guscott!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Glad to hear he will still be commentating. He's my idol.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 pm

+1

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm

red_stag wrote:Watch RTE instead.

You get a Punch and Judy show between the Pantomime Villain (George Hook) and the smiley Yes Man (Brent Pope).

Then you have either Shane Horgan or Conor O'Shea to talk the technical stuff.

+1

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 pm

I did wonder why he was commentating on the England New Zealand game when he hasn't been any where any Rugby chat since leaving the job. I guess now that the olympics are over. He has to have some thing too do.

I do hope that Moore will be on. Realy like him and his none bias views.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Yep really rate Moore as a 100% honest commentator - unlike utter pr**ks like Inverdale, Guscott, Davies etc etc
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Don't think my License fee justifies the BBC bringing in Woodward,
seen him on SKY sports recently and he doesn't add much beyond the persona a self help motivational speaker.
Little insight added just the word self-belief being thrown around a lot.

But if they dropped Inverdale and had Woodward as main man i wouldn't complain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:56 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Yep really rate Moore as a 100% honest commentator - unlike utter pr**ks like Inverdale, Guscott, Davies etc etc

Inverdale and Guscott don't commentate. Nor does SCW.

Davies does of course, and he is pathetic. Sounds like an air raid siren on runaway. Numbers! NUMBERS!

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:57 am

viewtothegym wrote:Don't think my License fee justifies the BBC bringing in Woodward,
seen him on SKY sports recently and he doesn't add much beyond the persona a self help motivational speaker.
Little insight added just the word self-belief being thrown around a lot.

But if they dropped Inverdale and had Woodward as main man i wouldn't complain.

And the prize for ironic statement of the universe goes to you.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 pm

I think everyone needs to lay off Jiffy.

I personally think he's great, is a bit annoying but so is Moore, doesn't change them being entertaining.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Jiffy knows his onions, he just needs to be nowhere near the commentary box when Wales are playing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Jimpy wrote:I have three cats that could replace Butler, Cotter and Eykyn.

Is that their names Jimpy ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 pm

gregortree wrote:

No, they're called Wotsit, Itchy & Scratchy.

I have a python called Trowzer too.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Laugh

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Jimpy wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Yep really rate Moore as a 100% honest commentator - unlike utter pr**ks like Inverdale, Guscott, Davies etc etc

Davies does of course, and he is pathetic. Sounds like an air raid siren on runaway. Numbers! NUMBERS!

Doesn't mean Inverdale and Guscott are not pr*cks though ! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Jimpy wrote:
gregortree wrote:

No, they're called Wotsit, Itchy & Scratchy.

I have a python called Trowzer too.

So that's why WotsitsDad was your previous name. chin
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Doesn't mean Inverdale and Guscott are not pr*cks though ! Cool

I'm sure since neither of them know you, they'd also jump to the conclusion that you were too.

For what its worth, I don't mind Guscott, but Inverdale does annoy me. However, its only a matter of personal taste, we all have to work alongside or know people we dislike, but at the end of the day we just get on with it, because do you know what, thats kind of what grown ups are supposed to do.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down