The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lv ticket prices

+3
yappysnap
Coleman
welshy6
7 posters

Go down

Lv ticket prices Empty Lv ticket prices

Post by welshy6 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 6:53 pm

Due to where I live it is very difficult for me to watch pro rugby week in week out live, therefore when my father told me the LV cup match between Sale and the Scarlets was on tomorrow I was jumping at the bit to go and see it. However much to my dismay the ticket prices seemed pretty scandalous for a lv cup match. For me, my parents and my younger sister it would cost over £90 for tickets, car park and travel with snacks and extras on top, which I found ridiculous. This is a LV cup match which means these are pretty much young inexperienced sides with no current internationals playing, In comparison while I am no football fan, me and my family could go and see Manchester united play in the premiership with some of the best players in the world play for just over £120.

the prices were
£25 for adults
£17 for u22
£10 for junior
for sitting seats
+ £5 for car park
so does anyone know if these are standard prices for LV cup matches?

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Lv ticket prices Empty Re: Lv ticket prices

Post by Coleman Fri 25 Jan 2013, 7:01 pm

I was really tempted to go to watch the Blues play v Saracens in the LV at their new ground. Travel wouldn't have been too much but the price was a joke.

Adults £30
Juniors/Concessions £15

I could get a student, but its only £18 to see the Blues in a HC Match. I was very disappointed, but as Saracens aren’t my club what can I do. In comparison the Blues next week against London Irish is priced at:

Juniors only £1
Students only £5
Adults from only £12

They'll get a good crowd as well with Wales v Ireland the day after.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 7:06 pm

yeh the prices seem just ridiculous considering the level of competition. I am so glad I am (hopefully, well maybe, but that's a different story!) going to a University with a pro Rugby union team within close distance to the uni. Although whether I can afford to watch the matches are another thing!!!

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 26 Jan 2013, 1:43 pm

Noticed that myself. Not sure if it's just the Jeff teams but Quins as well are £30 a ticket which along with £18 trainfare i'm just not willing to pay to watch the LV as much as i'd love to.

Clubs should be looking at this tournament as a chance to use cheaper tickets to expand their influence rather then another means of getting as much money as possible.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat 26 Jan 2013, 2:39 pm

If you have professional rugby and want a top club, don't you have to pay for it? Or should season ticket holders have to fork out extra?

Everthing costs and the balance between revenue and variable costs such as marshalling, cleaning etc. will be have presumably been budgeted for profit margins.

10000 spectators carry the same variable to the club whether they pay £5 or £50. Same foe 1000, 5000 etc..

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 26 Jan 2013, 2:43 pm

Wasps are selling tickets at 25% discount for the LV game v Sale next weekend. But Platinum* season ticket holders can take another person in for free.

* Sounds fancy, but it's basically an adult with a seat season ticket.

Me and my pal are not going to the game otherwise we would have applied for the freebies.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat 26 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

But Wasps had the financial scare of its life last year and teetered on the edge.

Not having the RFU to fall back on, they could have gone over the edge into the abyss had it not been for the new sugar-daddies.

Pro rugby has to be paid for unless like Saracens ( & Bath/Glaws?) and most the T14, the deficits just get seemingly ignored.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 26 Jan 2013, 3:15 pm

The idea is just to get more people in when England v Scotlsnd is on at the same time. Maybe they'll get some more merchandise sales

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 26 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

Obviously yes the clubs need to make a profit, but the bread and butter should be Prem and European games plus shirt sales, there needs to be a cheaper option as well as that'll then open up a whole new demographic which can only be a good thing right? And surely that cheaper option should be the tournament which by its own admission is focused on clubs using their unknowns rather then all the big names.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sat 26 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

I understand how the clubs need to make money but surely for a LV match it would be better trying to get a larger crowd in with lower ticket prices, firstly so a better atmosphere and secondly increased sales in food and drink.

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 26 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

I've been scathing of my clubs ticket prices in the past, but they have had some good deals for LV Cup games.

I can't remember if it was last season or the season before, but for the home LV game vs. Scarlets you applied for a ticket which got sent to you in the post, went to the game, and paid what you thought the match was worth on the way out. As I recall, we lost but it was an entertaining game, and I stuck in the full price for the seat I had. Not sure if we broke even or made a loss, but at least the club tried something to get people in.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 26 Jan 2013, 9:33 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I've been scathing of my clubs ticket prices in the past, but they have had some good deals for LV Cup games.

I can't remember if it was last season or the season before, but for the home LV game vs. Scarlets you applied for a ticket which got sent to you in the post, went to the game, and paid what you thought the match was worth on the way out. As I recall, we lost but it was an entertaining game, and I stuck in the full price for the seat I had. Not sure if we broke even or made a loss, but at least the club tried something to get people in.

clap

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 26 Jan 2013, 10:01 pm

Genious idea, and honestly I could see that kind of thing working well at most clubs.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:47 pm

Today Dragons had kids in for free. It may have been a Mickey Mouse game, but it was a derby.

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:31 pm

Didn't realise that tickets for the LV are so expensive elsewhere. Im taking the boy next week and its free for him and £11 for me (Scarlets vs Tigers). More than reasonable I think.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down