The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nic Cudd.

+2
Luckless Pedestrian
jeff stones dad
6 posters

Go down

Nic Cudd. Empty Nic Cudd.

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:08 pm

Now that Nic Cudd has had some regional game time that was not forthcoming with the Scarlets I was wondering what the general consensus of opinion was regarding his performances for the Dragons. Do you think he was a good signing?

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Nic Cudd. Empty Re: Nic Cudd.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:14 pm

He's doing ok yeah. I do worry about him when he ball carries (due to his height), but he is certainly competing well at the breakdown for us recently. I wonder how much game time he'll get with a fully fit backrow, but he's certainly worthy of his 7 shirt at the minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:19 pm

He started slowly for us but he's winning us a fair few turnovers and his defence is good.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:33 pm

Cudd deserved his MOTM against Wasps in the Amlin. He was a right pain for us throughout that game.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:59 pm

I think he's been very good. Although small he does make yards with his carries, tackles hard and has been our most effective player in regards to turnovers with faletau.

We look a lot better playing a proper openside rather than Lewis E who's playing well but isnt for me a natural 7. Next season 6.Evans 7. Cudd 8. Faletau with Jones, Walters, brown and coombes backing them up.

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff stones dad Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:23 pm

I have known Nic since he was a young lad, and coached him when he played for Mynydd Mawr Schools at Under15's level. Even then you knew that he had the almost all the attributes to make it with the exception of one - height. There an old saying that cream will always rise to the top and that is certainly true of Nic. You should measure a player by ther size of his heart!!!

I am so pleased that he has finally had his chance! Long may it continue.

jeff stones dad

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:33 pm

I watched the Ospreys Dragons game and Cudd played very well indeed. I don't understand all this talk of his height though? He didn't exactly stand out physcially, but he wasn't noticeably small either!

Pocock's only like, 5'10, Armitage is 5'9 and Hooper is 5'11. I don't think height is really an issue for opensides any more.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

Neil Back was hardly a giant either.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:23 pm

Yeah, but Cudd is pretty slight in appearance compared to Pocock etc. When you have arms like thighs as Pocock does, height is then pretty irrelevant.

It's a massive plus for us to have Cudd and Waters competing now. I watched Cudd play for Keys v Zooport in the B+I Cup and he was pretty poor then, but he's come on leaps and bounds now. Must have just needed a run of games.

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 8:53 pm

cudd is a proper jackling 7 with a big heart. always seems to put his body on the line. he'll be an asset for the dragon.

on the subject of the dragons seen that they've been linked with Worcester fly-half Andy Goode. i know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but i think he'd be a very good signing for you guys. he'd offer a bit of experience, game management and leadership from the 10 position. he'd also be able to help develop /bring through steffan jones.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 9:29 pm

Pioden, I'm not against bringing in a few 'overseas' players myself. But I can imagine the boards going ape sh*t if the Dragons brought in Goode!

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

probably griff. goode isn't going to win many popularity contests.

pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:27 pm

I don't see the need to sign a 10.
Anyone behind that front 5 will struggle but if we're going to improve that area give Steffan a season to really show us what he can do. He's had a few good games this season, he's an attacking 10 and great to watch. His goal lickings very good and he can drop a goal from half way.. (3 drop goals vs endin).

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 29 Jan 2013, 8:00 am

We need to keep Steffan at ten for the rest of the season. Darren Edwards really needs to back him now.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:40 am

The argus are now running with the Andy goode story:

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/10192340.Dragons_chasing_ex_England_ace_Andy_Goode/

NEWPORT Gwent Dragons are in talks to sign ex-England fly-half Andy Goode.

The 32-year-old’s contract with Worcester runs out at the end of the season and the region believe the prolific points scorer could be just the solution to their problems at 10.

The Argus understands they are attempting to convince Goode to sign up and that the 17-times capped fly-half, who lives in Cheltenham, has visited Rodney Parade for talks.

The Dragons have struggled at 10 this season, seeing close matches slip through their fingers because of missed kicks and frequently coming off second best in battles for territory.

The young pair of Lewis Robling and Steffan Jones failed to fire in the first half of the campaign, leading to full-back Dan Evans moving forward with mixed success.

With a raft of young talent in the backs and a burgeoning pack, the Dragons believe they need an experienced fly-half to guide them around the paddock and kick his goals.

Goode ticks those boxes while another option is ex-Wales fly-half Nicky Robinson, who is also out of contract and could be a part of a fly-half merry-go-round.

Welsh-qualified Joe Carlisle has been linked with a move from Worcester to Wasps and it remains possible that the pair could swap clubs Another element in the mix is that Wasps are monitoring Dragons’ fly-half Jones along with London Welsh, who made enquiries about taking him on loan.

The 22-year-old was the match-winner against the Ospreys in the LV= Cup last weekend with six kicks from six but has been in and out of the side and may head elsewhere when his contract expires at the end of the season.

But what is certain is that the Dragons, whose average age in the three-quarters last Saturday was 21, will add an experienced fly-half to their roster this summer and their prime target is Goode.

The 32-year-old is second in the all-time Aviva Premiership points chart behind Charlie Hodgson, was part of a Leicester side that won four titles and two Heineken Cups and won 17 caps.

pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:46 am

Well, as I said elsewhere I think the sh*t would hit the fan from around Wales if we were to bring in an ageing NWQ. However, there were rumors that Steff was off to England. So, maybe that's true. Robling has shown that he isn't quite ready, so maybe it's time to bite the bullet and say, "you know what we only have one or two NWQs in our match day 22. We're allowed up to 6 (soon to be reduced to 4) so why not look to a solid player who won't be called up by England, who can add some consistency, get our decent backs going and help us to improve."

I wouldn't be against it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:46 am

Just to add that I'd prefer Nicky Robinson or Stephen Jones for Welsh Qualified reasons. But if they're not available then Goode would be good too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down