The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tickets booked for Brook v Alexander!!!

+7
TRUSSMAN66
JabMachineMK2
Gerry SA
eddyfightfan
TheMackemMawler
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
11 posters

Go down

Tickets booked for Brook v Alexander!!! Empty Tickets booked for Brook v Alexander!!!

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 pm

So excited about this. My first time seeing Brook! How do we see it going as the night approaches?

My head says an Alexander points win might be likely, especially if it is close, but Brook has the tools to trouble anyone. Here's hoping he is in the right head space.

Cannot wait!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Tickets booked for Brook v Alexander!!! Empty Re: Tickets booked for Brook v Alexander!!!

Post by Rowley Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Was just admiring your commitment Sean but forgot you are over the other side of the water. Am still jealous though. As you have said in his own back yard Alexander has to be the smart pick but is by no means a gimme because if Brook is in condition to do the full 12 he can trouble anyone.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Tickets booked for Brook v Alexander!!! Empty Re: Tickets booked for Brook v Alexander!!!

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 pm

One sided boxing match for me.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:58 pm

as long as he boxes he'll be fine, the jones fight worried me but i think he will have learned from that, brooks late stopage for me.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Alexander is the massive favourite.

You don't win 3 world titles in 2 weight classes if you aren't very good.

I saw that Brook's camp mentioned they want to do what Bradley did to Alexander, but Brook doesn't have the talent of Bradley.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 pm

I'm not impressed by Alexander in the slightest.

Brook UD

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Agree...Brook by comfortable decision

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 pm

I think Brook via KO in round 10 at the latest.

Alexander is simply not good.

Lost to Bradley and Lucas Matthysse (in my eyes).

If Brook can pressure him like Bradley, with more power, then i see a stoppage.

Saying that, Lucas dropped him but couldnt stop him and he hits like a train.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 pm

The Bradley loss is worrying for Alexander fans....Never seen anything about Bradley whatsoever..

Biggest overachiever in history..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm

I can understand why Alexander has been installed as the betting favourite, but there are genuine reasons to be optimistic about Brook's chances in this one, I think.

I've seen Alexander, in general, outboxed by the best he's faced; Bradley, Matthysse, even Kotelnik for prolonged periods. He's very tough, I accept, and has a pretty good, scoring jab, but I don't see a gulf between his talents and Brook's personally. The Jones fight was a worrier for Kell, but it did at least show that he's got a big heart and can suck it up when he needs to.

What'll be interesting is how Brook goes about his business. We know what Alexander will be looking for, but will Brook be able to employ his usual style of single shot countering, keeping at range and pacing himself, given the catalogue of dubious decisions Alexander has been the beneficiary of in the States in recent years?

The other elephant in the room is how Brook will cope with being on the biggest stage of his career so far, away from home and in front of a most pro-Alexander crowd, and it's difficult to gauge this until he's actually there. But from a styles and technical point of view, if Brook can match his punch accuracy with the kind of discipline he's capable of and a slightly better work rate, I think he'll decision Alexander.

My gut feeling is that Brook will nick this one, still. A close but deserved decision.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 am

Brooks the better "talent" for me, but he is going to have to up the work rate and really put some power on his punches. Alexander is not a natural 147 pounder rememeber, neither was Maidana when he fought him and Bailey was usueless. Brook is prime. How will he cope? Good question Chris. But then how will I cope in Detroit? How will any of us cope? Hahaha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:26 am

Brook to win by decision, which will be a lot closer than it should be on the cards.

Kotenlik whooped Alexander and got totally shafted by the judges.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I'm not impressed by Alexander in the slightest.

Brook UD

Maybe if you'd sparred with him?

Alexander all day long for me. Home advantage and looks like he has the ability to step it up more so than Brook. Think Brook looks a little one paced and I've not seen any real improvement since his fight with the Scottish fella who he beat in a round.

Devon UD comfortable.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:13 am

"Maybe If you sparred with him"..

You'll be getting a pm soon.....Lumber.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:50 am

Not from me. I still find that funny Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 am

I don't mind the odd jab (pun intended) and LJ doesn't like me, so its expected.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:18 am

I don't dislike anyone in here. It takes too much energy to dislike people you don't know.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:22 am

Yeah, keep it honest chaps. This is a forum for chitter chatter, no need for it to get serious. I like Jabs presence on here. Hell, I like all y'all Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:35 am

I can't see how Brook wins on points. Single shots may be eye catching but unless they put a fighter down they don't generally win rounds.

He lacks the tenacity of Bradley so he won't apply anywhere near enough pressure on Devon to snatch a decision. And if he try's to emulate Bradley's workman like performance I'm afraid he'll tire.

This is Kell's first fight against a world class fighter. I haven't seen enough from him during fights against lesser opposition to suggest he can produce the win. He will need to seriously up his game. I don't know if he can? He seems a bit one paced and predictable to me.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:40 am

The fact that he is one-paced is my main concern I have to admit, Mackem. He's been criticised for a lack of fitness in the past, so maybe he's been reluctant to really step it up as a result. Or maybe he just doesn't like the risk of opening up.

I think single shots, if they're accurate enough, can win decisions. And Brook is accurate, there's no doubting that. But to make sure of the nod against Alexander, a byword for dodgy judging calls, he'll need to take those extra chances. He says the Jones fight was a wake up call, that it's made him train harder than ever (he apparently made Welterweight for his last bout pretty easily, whereas he's struggled before) and, of course, out of all the 147 lb title holders Alexander's style is the one he's best suited to getting the better of, so there's really no excuse for Brook if he falls short in this one.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:04 am

He was interviewed in Boxing Monthly recently and has said the Jones fight was a real wake up call and since then he has been working with Sheffield Hallam Uni with the sports science department who have completely overhauled his diet and how he does the weight and he feels like a new man. Says he is tapping into reserves he never knew he had, hard to say if this is true because the three rounds he did last time obviously don’t tell us too much about how he can do the distance, but the very fact he has acknowledged there is a problem and has taken steps to rectify it has to be seen as a positive.

Can only hope he has learned a lesson because you have to think he cannot leave things to chance stateside because he is unlikely to get the nod in close rounds so his tendency to coast or pick single shots could be costly as others have already alluded to.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 am

Rowley wrote:He........ said the Jones fight was a real wake up call and since then he has been working with Sheffield Hallam Uni with the sports science department who have completely overhauled his diet and how he does the weight and he feels like a new man.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else. He's hardly going to say...

"The hype surrounding me is a little over the top. The Jones fight highlighted my limitations. I'm a brilliant domestic fighter but a little short of world level"
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:43 am

88Chris05 wrote: I think single shots, if they're accurate enough, can win decisions. And Brook is accurate, there's no doubting that.

Especially if you're landing more than the other guy!!

Devon is busier, just as accurate and fitter.

Kell is one paced, and Kell's pace is not the pace that Alexander struggles with.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down