The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felix Sturm. (Spoilers.)

+4
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Soldier_Of_Fortune
bhb001
hampo17
8 posters

Go down

Felix Sturm. (Spoilers.) Empty Felix Sturm. (Spoilers.)

Post by hampo17 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:12 am

Sam Soliman beat him last night in an IBF eliminator and will now get a shot at Daniel Geale.

Haven't seen this fight yet, did anyone watch it last night? Sturm seems to have fallen a long way in the last few years.

Last edited by hampo171 on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Felix Sturm. (Spoilers.) Empty Re: Felix Sturm. (Spoilers.)

Post by bhb001 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:59 am

Thanks for breaking this news. Yes, he does seem to have lost it over the last few years. Pity really, because it is good to see a European operator in the mix

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:14 am

It seems this decision was contraversial at best. Sturm dominated the first four founds knocking Soliman down and continued to land the cleaner shots, however Soliman appears to have won on work rate with two cards 114-113 and the other 116-111.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:41 am

I watched it and Sturm just didn't throw enough. Although I had him winning 114-113, I wasnt surprised Soliman got the nod. Michael Buffer didn't exactly endear himself to the Germans after announcing that Sturm had won Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 02 Feb 2013, 11:09 am

He has fallen very far indeed, Soliman is 39 and never made it when he stepped up

Sturm needs to retire, lost twice now, should have lost to Macklin and was pushed all the way by Murray

Can't believe buffer, I didn't watch it but it sounds like the Germans and Sturms team were all celebrating then had to rectify the result, probably got a couple boos

Back to top Go down

Post by boxing prospect Sat 02 Feb 2013, 2:13 pm

Buffer trolled Sturm and the Germans, surely that makes him a national hero over here...

boxing prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 02 Feb 2013, 4:17 pm

im glad sturm is one the wrong end of a decision, he has made a living swindling our lads via home time judging recently, and now he knows what it feels like, not seen fight but if he was robbed then its karma.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 02 Feb 2013, 4:33 pm

Bit harsh, thought he robbed Macklin but thought he was unlucky not to get the win against Murray and was shafted in his biggest fight of his career in De La Hoya. He didn't get any favours agaisnt Geale either

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 02 Feb 2013, 4:40 pm

i think the has stayed at home and had the home town advantage exactly because of the de la hoya fight, which was harsh but not the reaction that will win you many fans, in my opinion he lost a close fight to murray and was 3-4 rounds down at least to macklin, but there not the only gifts he has had over the years, not seen the geale fight so cant really comment there.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 02 Feb 2013, 7:37 pm

sturm has been robbed in his ladt 3 fights. more than pay back for his close decision against macklin.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 03 Feb 2013, 10:13 am

With lance on this one. I didn't think that macklin was a robbery. It looked it on the balance of the fight but in terms of rounds...macklin Won the rounds in the first half of the fight easily, gassed, and sturm won the rounds in the second half of the fight, although the individual rounds were closer. Not much in it in the end. Not dissimilar in that respect to ottke reid (which gets talked sbout as a robbery on the cards, when it was infact a robbery by the ref... Bit dispiriting when you get warned for punching your opponent!). I thought he was jobbed against Murray.

For a German homey, on balance I don't think sturm has had the favours some of his compatriots have.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down