The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff v Leinster 8/2

+6
Submachine
wales606
LeinsterFan4life
Kingshu
ScarletSpiderman
Jenifer McLadyboy
10 posters

Go down

Cardiff v Leinster 8/2 Empty Cardiff v Leinster 8/2

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:16 pm

The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon ahead of the resumption of the RaboDirect PRO12 on Friday when the province travels to face Cardiff Blues in the Arms Park (KO: 7.30pm)...
Though Leinster will be without a number of players who are away on international duty this weekend, the management will be able to call upon the services of David Kearney, Eoin O’Malley and Dominic Ryan who are all fully fit and available for selection. O’Malley’s next appearance is set to be his 50th for the province.

Selection over the next few weeks is likely to be mixed between youth and experience with the likes of Leo Cullen, Shane Jennings, Isaac Boss, Isa Nacewa and Heinke van der Merwe (who is in line to make his 80th appearance) set to feature alongside a number of Academy players who have featured frequently over the course of the campaign.

A number of players who have shown good form in the British & Irish Cup side’s qualification into the quarter finals of the competition in April – could also come into the mix. It is also hoped that some of the players helping with the preparation of the Ireland squad could be available for selection.

The team will be named on Thursday at Midday.

LEINSTER:

15: Dave Kearney
14: Andrew Conway
13: Brendan Macken
12: Andrew Goodman
11: Darren Hudson
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Jack McGrath
2: Aaron Dundon
3: Michael Bent
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Tom Denton
6: Dominic Ryan
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jordi Murphy

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Thomas Sexton
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Ben Marshall
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: John Cooney
22: Noel Reid
23: Fionn Carr

CARDIFF

15. Jason Tovey 14. Owen Williams 13. Gavin Evans (c) 12. Dafydd Hewitt 11. Harry Robinson 10. Rhys Patchell 9. Lewis Jones

8. Robin Copeland 7. Rory Watts-Jones 6. Michael Paterson 5. James Down 4. Macauley Cook 3. Taufa'ao Filise 2. Rhys Williams 1. Sam Hobbs

16. Marc Breeze 17. Nathan Trevett 18. Scott Andrews 19. Luke Hamilton 20.Josh Navidi 21. Alex Walker 22. Ceri Sweeney 23. Richard Smith

Not available for selection:
Andi Kyriacou- Neck operation return in April
Dan Fish- Suffered shoulder nerve palsy in match against Zebre. Return mid February
Tom James- Fractured sesamoid (big toe). Surgery to remove pin on Wednesday 5thDecember, return in late February.

LONG TERM
Jake Copper- Woolley- right knee ACL injury 4 months
Tom Davies- ACL knee reconstruction this week, 4 months

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Cardiff v Leinster 8/2 Empty Re: Cardiff v Leinster 8/2

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:17 pm

2 Irish wins in Cardiff in 6 days?

Hope so.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:41 pm

Van Der Merwe
Dundon
Moore
Cullen
Marshall
Ruddock
Jennings
Murphy

Boss
Madigan
Carr
Goodman
O'Malley
D Kearney
Nacewa

T Sexton
McGrath
Hagan
Denton
Ryan
Cooney
Reid
Conway

We could also have some of Bent, Toner, McFadden, Fitzgerald, McLaughlin back from Ireland training squad.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:46 pm

The Cardiff Blues side that played this weekend in the LV= looked like

Tovey, O. Williams, Evans, Hewitt, Robinson, Patchell, Walker, Trevett, R. Williams, Bourrust, Hill, Down, Paterson, Young, Copeland.
Bench -: Hobbs, Dacey, Filise, Hamilton, Jones, Watts-Jones, Sweeney, Czekaj.

So they still have the potential to feild a pretty good side. Also they have just signed Liam Davies (Formerly of Scarlets, Ospreys, Dragons and Brive) at scrum half to add some experience. Personally I think the Blues should have a good spell during the 6Ns, as a number of their younger/fringe players are not a million miles off players that have gone to the welsh squad.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:49 pm

Looks like Liam Davies has played for all 4 regions, I think there are a few players like that.

I know there's a few that have played for 3 Provinces, but are there any players that have played for all 4 provinces yet?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

Boll1x.

That's a decent looking side.

I never take any notice of the LV cup. So I missed this. Sad

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:52 pm

Kingshu wrote:Looks like Liam Davies has played for all 4 regions, I think there are a few players like that.

I know there's a few that have played for 3 Provinces, but are there any players that have played for all 4 provinces yet?

Nope. Unless you take Keatley for next season. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:55 pm

Kingshu - I believe it is only Tal Selley and Liam Williams to have been everywhere. Although Aled Brew and Mustoe have been to three (Scarlets got missed out).

Jen - I think the Blues could be looking at feilding a side along the lines of

Tovey,
O Williams,
Hewitt,
Evans,
Robinson,
Patchell,
L Davies;
Hobbs,
Breeze,
Andrews (not injured??),
Down,
Paterson,
Hamilton,
Navidi,
Copeland
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:55 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

We could also have some of Bent, Toner, McFadden, Fitzgerald, McLaughlin back from Ireland training squad.
Better get the whinging in early. Smile Missing 18 players including these.

Only 3 injured though. Is that a record?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:57 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Kingshu - I believe it is only Tal Selley and Liam Williams to have been everywhere. Although Aled Brew and Mustoe have been to three (Scarlets got missed out).

Jen - I think the Blues could be looking at feilding a side along the lines of

Tovey,
O Williams,
Hewitt,
Evans,
Robinson,
Patchell,
L Davies;
Hobbs,
Breeze,
Andrews (not injured??),
Down,
Paterson,
Hamilton,
Navidi,
Copeland

As I said boll1x. Sad

Don't know much about the front row, but the rest look good.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 04 Feb 2013, 1:49 pm

Its a flippin joke this isn't on tv!! mad

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 04 Feb 2013, 2:00 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Its a flippin joke this isn't on tv!! mad

Not sure how things work in Ireland but, I get reather miffed during the internationals, Scrum V totally ignores the RABO and only mentions the internationals. It is meant to be a programme produced by BBC Wales for the Welsh public, so surely they could put on ten mins highlights of the RABO and show less coverage of the non-Welsh internationals.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 1:42 pm

ANOTHER Blues game not televised - the last televised game was our away trip to Toulon 4 games ago - the next one isn't until March! Not good for a Blues supporter in exile!

Blues likely team

1. Sam Hobbs
2. Rhys Williams
3. Scott Andrews (Benoit Bourrust)
4. Lou Reed (James Down)
5. Micheal Paterson
6. Robin Copeland
7. Josh Navidi (Lewis Young)
8. Andreus Pretorious (Rory Watts Jones to 6)

9. Lewis Jones
10. Rhys Patchell
11. Harry Robinson
12. Daffydd Hewitt
13. Gavin Evans (or hopefully, Owen Williams)
14. Chris Czekaj
15. Jason Tovey

16. Marc Breeze
17. Tau Filise/Nathan Trevett
18. Benoit Bourrust (Tau Filise/Nathan Trevett)
19. James Down (McCauley Cook)
20. Rory-Watts Jones (Luke Hamiton)
21. Liam Davies
22. Ceri Sweeney
23. Owen Williams (hopefully Gavin Evans/Daffydd Hewitt)

Hopefully our internationals get released and we can give Leinster a good game
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 06 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

606 - that looks a pretty decent side in all fairness. I can't see why Andres Petorious, Lou Reed or Scott Andrews would be withheld by the welsh squad (I assume it will be the same again plus the extra fit players traveling to france).

I must be honest the coverage of matches seems hit and miss, but I guess all the games being on the same time for the four regions it is a case of picking the 'best' one, and Ulster V Ospreys should be a cracker sadly.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 3:00 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:606 - that looks a pretty decent side in all fairness. I can't see why Andres Petorious, Lou Reed or Scott Andrews would be withheld by the welsh squad (I assume it will be the same again plus the extra fit players traveling to france).

I must be honest the coverage of matches seems hit and miss, but I guess all the games being on the same time for the four regions it is a case of picking the 'best' one, and Ulster V Ospreys should be a cracker sadly.

I think Reed might be injured. Getting Navidi back is the main priority, we can put out a good team without the other internationals if necessary.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:24 pm

Leinster team to face Cardiff Blues...
The Leinster team to face the Cardiff Blues in Friday night's RaboDirect PRO12 clash in Cardiff Arms Park (KO: 7.30pm) has been named...LIVE Updates via @leinsterrugby on Twitter...
Leo Cullen leads a team which shows a blend of youth and experience for the trip to the Welsh capital. Ian Madigan, who is the PRO12's third top points scorer (91 points) partners Ireland international Isaac Boss - on his 65th Leinster appearance - at half-back with Andrew Goodman lining up at centre alongside Brendan Macken.

Out wide Andrew Conway is joined by Darren Hudson (who makes his eighth senior appearance) and Dave Kearney who starts at full-back.

Dominic Ryan makes just his third appearance after an injury interrupted season thus far and he completes an exciting back-row alongside Shane Jennings and Jordi Murphy.

Leinster 'A' team skipper Jack McGrath is rewarded with a start in the front row after some compelling form in the B&I Cup.

Heinke van der Merwe is named on a replacements bench which includes seven players who are either in, or have come through, the Leinster Academy.

*There will be live updates from Friday's game via the official Leinster Rugby Twitter account: @leinsterrugby

LEINSTER:

15: Dave Kearney
14: Andrew Conway
13: Brendan Macken
12: Andrew Goodman
11: Darren Hudson
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Jack McGrath
2: Aaron Dundon
3: Michael Bent
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Tom Denton
6: Dominic Ryan
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jordi Murphy

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Thomas Sexton
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Ben Marshall
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: John Cooney
22: Noel Reid
23: Fionn Carr

REFEREE: Peter Fitzgibbon (IRFU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Sean Brickell, Martyn Lewis (both WRU)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:28 pm

O'Malley and Isa the two notable omissions.

8 starters, 2 subs and 4 Tacklebag holders with the Ireland squad.

Only 3 injured players from senior squad.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:34 pm

I think Mcgrath starting at LH shows that Heinke is definately leaving. There are a couple of selections that I really don't get. Tom Denton ahead of Marshall and Martin Moore not even making the bench. Moore has a lof more potential imo. Munster are apparently after one of our young TH's. I hope its not Moore or Furlong. We would be stupid to let either go.

Great to see Hudson back. He was impressive in that pre season game in Tallaght.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:41 pm

15. Jason Tovey 14. Owen Williams 13. Gavin Evans (c) 12. Dafydd Hewitt 11. Harry Robinson 10. Rhys Patchell 9. Lewis Jones

8. Robin Copeland 7. Rory Watts-Jones 6. Michael Paterson 5. James Down 4. Macauley Cook 3. Taufa'ao Filise 2. Rhys Williams 1. Sam Hobbs

16. Marc Breeze 17. Nathan Trevett 18. Scott Andrews 19. Luke Hamilton 20.Josh Navidi 21. Alex Walker 22. Ceri Sweeney 23. Richard Smith

Dan Fish- Suffered shoulder nerve palsy in match against Zebre. Return mid February
Tom James- Fractured sesamoid (big toe). Surgery to remove pin on Wednesday 5thDecember, return in late February.

LONG TERM

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:I think Mcgrath starting at LH shows that Heinke is definately leaving. There are a couple of selections that I really don't get. Tom Denton ahead of Marshall and Martin Moore not even making the bench. Moore has a lof more potential imo. Munster are apparently after one of our young TH's. I hope its not Moore or Furlong. We would be stupid to let either go.

Great to see Hudson back. He was impressive in that pre season game in Tallaght.

Than Bent? I'd agree with you there. Hagan has been absolutely hung out to dry with his arrival. Hopefully he gets some decent game time to get his no. 2 slot back.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

LONG TERM

No Chris Czekaj in the squad at all. Doesn't seem that long ago since he was the next big thing. Whats the story there?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:05 pm

I'd say Bent was released from the Ireland squad to get as much gametime as possible. Needs as much competitive scrumaging as he can pack in.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:18 pm

Czekaj only just came back from injury, im sure he will be back on the wing soon.

Pity Navidi and Andrews are not starting - we could have used shifting Paterson to the second row too.

Owen Williams is a poor winger, but a good 13 - that is where he should be playing.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 07 Feb 2013, 5:11 pm

Cardiff fans, do you see Copeland as a starter now when all your backrows are available?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 6:00 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Cardiff fans, do you see Copeland as a starter now when all your backrows are available?
Cue some Welsh bloke on to tell you that he "doesn't play for Cardiff RFC" You are only allowed call them "The Blues" or Cardiff Blues"

(I stuck a "Cardiff" in the OP above their team and only noticed afterwards, so maybe they have given up on that one)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 07 Feb 2013, 6:22 pm

Whats up with O'Malley? He was meant to have returned a couple of months ago at this stage. Every week he seems to be expected back the week after.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:49 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Cardiff fans, do you see Copeland as a starter now when all your backrows are available?

He should be our starting 8, but he isn't because Pretorious is WQ and captain.

With Paterson back, there is a bit off a tricky selection problem in the backrow, but not at 8, where Copeland should be.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 08 Feb 2013, 9:40 pm

Any news from this game?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 9:46 pm

Blues 11 - 26 Leinster

http://www.espnscrum.com/rabodirect-pro12-2012-13/rugby/match/167065.html
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:34 pm

Some bemoaning of Irish ref Peter Fitzgibbon online. NOw before I dismiss that I'm willing to listen. Fitzy trying to hand a game to an Irish team when playing a Welsh one, where've we seen that before...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:54 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Some bemoaning of Irish ref Peter Fitzgibbon online. NOw before I dismiss that I'm willing to listen. Fitzy trying to hand a game to an Irish team when playing a Welsh one, where've we seen that before...
Its a pretty convincing scoreline. I dont see how the ref can be blamed. I really dont see how a guy from Munster would want to Leinster win, when you see where Munster are in the table.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsilure Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:48 am

wales606 wrote:

With Paterson back, there is a bit off a tricky selection problem in the backrow, but not at 8, where Copeland should be.

Copeland is definitely our best 8, whenever he plays he makes yards and breaks, it was an unfortunate mistake to make Pretorious capatain, although I am sure he is a hard working and conscientous chap he has not shown any stand out qualities and the Welsh call up seems odd to say the least. I think our best back row is Copeland, Josh and SW although I am not sure that is well enough balanced and perhaps Patterson should be at 6..... with Hamilton and Rory both good prospects

Newsilure

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:56 am

Newsilure wrote:
wales606 wrote:

Copeland is definitely our best 8, whenever he plays he makes yards and breaks, it was an unfortunate mistake to make Pretorious capatain, although I am sure he is a hard working and conscientous chap he has not shown any stand out qualities and the Welsh call up seems odd to say the least. I think our best back row is Copeland, Josh and SW although I am not sure that is well enough balanced and perhaps Patterson should be at 6..... with Hamilton and Rory both good prospects

Yep, we actually have some good options in the backrow - I would much rather we kept Halfpenny than Warburton because of it

5. Paterson
6. Navidi
7. Warburton
8. Copeland

20. Pretorious

That is fairly well balanced, with BD adding some weight.

Behind that we have

6. Watts-Jones
7. Lewis Young
8. Luke Hamilton

20. Ellis Jenkins

All good prospects, 3 of those have captained Wales U20's which is interesting (along with Bradley Davies and Scott Andrews from the Blues starting lineup)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 09 Feb 2013, 5:50 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Some bemoaning of Irish ref Peter Fitzgibbon online. NOw before I dismiss that I'm willing to listen. Fitzy trying to hand a game to an Irish team when playing a Welsh one, where've we seen that before...

Oh get a large grip man. You actually believe Fitzgibbon would preference Leinster?

Its something a 6-year old would say.

No one saw the game televised, but it sounded like a very comfortable win. Look to the teams before you try to blame a ref.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:39 pm

Apparently Copeland was very good and was their best ball carrier by a mile! He just continues to impress.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:48 pm

We could certainly use a Rush MKII - just a pity Pretorious has been named captain. I wouldn't be surprised if Copeland is captain next season since he will be available all season (otherwise Navidi would be the obvious choice as he has been vice captain this season, but may well be with Wales more next year)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Feb 2013, 11:21 pm

Gibson wrote:

Oh get a large grip man. You actually believe Fitzgibbon would preference Leinster?

No one saw the game televised, but it sounded like a very comfortable win. Look to the teams before you try to blame a ref.

Yes as he has done in the past against the Ospreys. Take the blinkers off.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:46 am

Morgannwg wrote:
Gibson wrote:

Yes as he has done in the past against the Ospreys. Take the blinkers off.
No he hasn't... He's from munster. There is literally no reason at all that he would favour Leinster in any way.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:51 am

Yes he has because we all watched it.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:49 pm

Ah fair enuf bud. Sure you wouldn't be Welsh without the ref is always against us viewpoint. Its inbuilt in your psyche. Its a Welsh rugby birthright.

But we all know that and smile inwardly. Its grand. OK guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:06 pm

Are you like 'the don' of 606V2?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:20 pm

Notatall Morg, I'm just an aul man, lookin for a slice of fun-pie. An ting.

I like you actually. Yer a Welsh divil. And I'm a big fat racist. guinness

I have to agree with you bud, Munster refs are krrap.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

Why racist?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

I cant stand the Welsh. Very Happy guinness

Some of my best friends are English even. Every home needs one. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:34 pm

Rugby question dude. Can Wales win this 6-N? I think ye can.

Incredible win in Paris BTW. Showed guts and belief.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:02 pm

Ta butt. And I'm not sure. We're only two games in and so far only England look like they could win it. One game at a time because our next opposition don't look too bad either. I like to hope never the less.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down