The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone PLEASE...

4 posters

Go down

Can someone PLEASE... Empty Can someone PLEASE...

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm

...teach Chris Ahston how to tackle?

His idea of a face-on tackle seems to be to wave his hands roughly around the shoulder area then leave it to one of his better tackling teammates to flatten the player. It's poor at Under 13 level, but International??? Come on!

People talk about Wade & Varndell having defence issues but hey, we can't touch Ashton because he's England's golden boy. If he was in my school side back in the 80s & the coach saw him do that he'd have extra laps then would get unceremoniously dropped. furious

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Can someone PLEASE... Empty Re: Can someone PLEASE...

Post by Barney McGrew did it Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

He's in good company, we missed 11 out of ~100. What's worse is I think he's been coaching T Youngs.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:52 pm

It is strange, because most of the league lads than make the conversion to union have excellent tackling techniques, albeit a little different to union's standard. He needs some serious work. Why does he always go so high???

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:It is strange, because most of the league lads than make the conversion to union have excellent tackling techniques, albeit a little different to union's standard. He needs some serious work. Why does he always go so high???

To stop the offload I would have thought. I don't watch much league but them seem to go with a high wrap tackle first with the second guy taking the legs if needed.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum