The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a worry isn't it?

+13
superflyweight
Boxtthis
jimdig
Imperial Ghosty
Rowley
TopHat24/7
Strongback
sweet_pea
Seanusarrilius
bhb001
seanmichaels
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's a worry isn't it? Empty It's a worry isn't it?

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb - 13:57

Just been reading about Oscar Pistorius and saw this headline on the BBC.

"Horsemeat scandal: Bute found in eight horse carcasses"

"These Canadian's are a perverted bunch aren't they", I shuddered, then I read the rest of the article...Lucien's reputation isn't in danger.

Anyway, carry on.........

Back to top Go down

It's a worry isn't it? Empty Re: It's a worry isn't it?

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 14 Feb - 14:00

Sorry Dave, but this has flown right over my head! Shocked

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb - 14:02

Never mind, it's really not that important and it'll suffice until I can conjour up another world class Bradley Pryce article.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 14:06

DAVE669 would never have wrote a thread this confusing!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 14 Feb - 14:07

Made me laugh. Then again the one about Oscar not having a leg to stand on tickled me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb - 14:11

I was going to ask whether one of their domestic rows had got out of hand

"How many times have I told you not you use my legs to take your fried eggs out of the pan?"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 14:13

Hope we aren't going to have a thread dedicated to making jokes out of people with disabilities....

Not the done thing in my opinion....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb - 14:17

Fear not TRUSS, we usually reserve those for Davide but yes, you're right, it's a shocking tragedy and jokes about it shouldn't detract from what's taken place.

I fear Oscar's superstar image is about to be tainted with tales so lurid he'll wish he was Lance Armstrong just for a bit of peace and quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 14:20

Seems to be a bad year for legends in their own fields............

Armstrong highly respected...............and now this guy embraced by the Athletic community.......

Always happens in threes............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 14 Feb - 14:28

I must admit I did have the same thought, but could not have done this with the same panache!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Feb - 14:32

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Seems to be a bad year for legends in their own fields............

Armstrong highly respected...............and now this guy embraced by the Athletic community.......

Always happens in threes............

Lance Armstrong was a disgraceful cheat, but that is nothing compare to murder. Terible tragedy for Reeva Steenkamp and her family.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Thu 14 Feb - 14:35

bute lol thumbsup
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 14:39

Never suggested it was......... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Feb - 14:47

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Never suggested it was......... Rolling Eyes

True. Pistorious got bailed for this? If he is guilty, I would think he is a suicide risk. Once the thought of a life in a South African prison sets in

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb - 14:50

Don't think he's been bailed has he? I thought it was simply put back til tomorrow therefore they'd be keeping him in custody surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 14:50

Not sure this guy would be treated the same as a normal prisoner!!

It is South Africa..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb - 14:56

There's a number of issues to contend with. We can't overlook the dubious nature of the SA legal system, you have the crime itself, the implied history of domestic incidents but then you have Oscar's star status coupled with his "disability" tag.

Is this going to be another OJ three ring circus?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 14 Feb - 15:25

DAVE667 wrote:There's a number of issues to contend with. We can't overlook the dubious nature of the SA legal system, you have the crime itself, the implied history of domestic incidents but then you have Oscar's star status coupled with his "disability" tag.

Is this going to be another OJ three ring circus?

Search Fred Van Der Vyver if you want an example of the SA prosecution system.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Feb - 15:44

Maybe Dave, but remember she was a star in her own right. I think he will be convicted if he is guilty (which reports suggest he is).

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb - 15:47

Seanusarrilius wrote:Maybe Dave, but remember she was a star in her own right. I think he will be convicted if he is guilty (which reports suggest he is).

Was she? You'll have to forgive my ignorance but I'd never heard of her (along with a huge chunk of the other 7 billion people on the planet I've never heard of)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 15:50

Has South Africa really moved on........I know of a few people over here who fled their mansions because of the shoot and grab that's going on in places like Johannesbourg......Sons and daughters that have been sent over here because of the deteriorating situation.

Always a problem when the inmates take over the asylum......George Orwell was very astute..

Why we screwed up in Libya, Iraq and how we could again in Syria...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Feb - 15:53

DAVE667 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Maybe Dave, but remember she was a star in her own right. I think he will be convicted if he is guilty (which reports suggest he is).

Was she? You'll have to forgive my ignorance but I'd never heard of her (along with a huge chunk of the other 7 billion people on the planet I've never heard of)

Google her. She was a top model. So not Nelson Mandela, but she isn't about to be swept under the carpet either. I didn't know who seh was either, but I am sure that she was a celb in SA. Will Pistorious get preferential prison treatment? Maybe. But she is not a nobody (not that being a somebody should matter in cases like these), so justice should be served. Anywya, it is all conjecture at this point.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 14 Feb - 16:22

Oscar's excuse is he was legless.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 14 Feb - 16:26

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Has South Africa really moved on........I know of a few people over here who fled their mansions because of the shoot and grab that's going on in places like Johannesbourg......Sons and daughters that have been sent over here because of the deteriorating situation.

Always a problem when the inmates take over the asylum......George Orwell was very astute..

Why we screwed up in Libya, Iraq and how we could again in Syria...

The inmates took their country back after smashing apartheid.

America screwed up speculating trillions for some oil.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 16:29

Cheap statements again.........

No racial discrimination is good........years of apartheid shouldn't be a green light for revenge.....

When Mandela dies there will be no end of trouble..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 14 Feb - 16:46

Nothing cheap about those statements. American is trillions of dollars in debt and Obama still has his cap in his hand.

It's very hard for occupiers like the Boors or the Americans to relinquish power without civil war being left in their wake. That's not a cheap statement......you can take that to the bank........as big Steve used to say.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Feb - 16:53

Strongback wrote:Nothing cheap about those statements. American is trillions of dollars in debt and Obama still has his cap in his hand.

Ironic statement coming from an Irishman.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 16:55

He's been punched in the head too many times..

Lucky guys..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 14 Feb - 17:12

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:Nothing cheap about those statements. American is trillions of dollars in debt and Obama still has his cap in his hand.

Our banks were opened up to EU and IMF scrutiny. If that happened to the British banks they would look just as bad or worse. How much of the RBS does the government own again? Because of Britain's size it has been able to hide the problems more easily. That and a bit of quantitive easing because Britain controls it's own currency. Irish wages on average are still a lot higher than British wages.

If Britain was in the pink I would gladly accept your statement but it isn't.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 14 Feb - 17:15

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=43

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 14 Feb - 17:22

BTW Ireland for better or worse has agreed a repayment scheme with the EU over a 37 year period over which all the monies owed will be paid back.

There are no bailouts and there never have been. All money is being paid back. Even foreign investors in a bankrupt private Irish bank are getting paid off.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Feb - 18:01

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Our banks were opened up to EU and IMF scrutiny. If that happened to the British banks they would look just as bad or worse. How much of the RBS does the government own again? Because of Britain's size it has been able to hide the problems more easily. That and a bit of quantitive easing because Britain controls it's own currency. Irish wages on average are still a lot higher than British wages.

You went cap in hand to the EU, and even then had to crack on before the deal was ratified you were so desperate. UK banks haven't been 'opened up' because they haven't needed to be. Ireland went on a massive asset buyback programme which has practically bankrupted the country whereas the UK went with the bail-out option.

Irish wages aren't higher on a PPP basis and the country is suffering a re-emergence of pre ‘Celtic-tiger’ brain drain, which’ll further hamper the economy’s attempt to arrest and then reverse the continued technical recession, especially as unemployment continues to increase qoq (now 13.5%) compared to qoq decreases in the UK (now 7.7%) for a year now. Our housing market is also largely recovered, having pushed past pre-recession levels in some areas, whereas Ireland’s is so fooked developments are being bulldozed and real estate can’t be given away.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 14 Feb - 18:53

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

You went cap in hand to the EU, and even then had to crack on before the deal was ratified you were so desperate. UK banks haven't been 'opened up' because they haven't needed to be. Ireland went on a massive asset buyback programme which has practically bankrupted the country whereas the UK went with the bail-out option.

Irish wages aren't higher on a PPP basis and the country is suffering a re-emergence of pre ‘Celtic-tiger’ brain drain, which’ll further hamper the economy’s attempt to arrest and then reverse the continued technical recession, especially as unemployment continues to increase qoq (now 13.5%) compared to qoq decreases in the UK (now 7.7%) for a year now. Our housing market is also largely recovered, having pushed past pre-recession levels in some areas, whereas Ireland’s is so fooked developments are being bulldozed and real estate can’t be given away.

Funny I remember the British government falling over itself to lend Ireland €7 billion because they were so afraid of the toxic debt they had in Ireland going down the drain.

If you think the British banks are not serious over stretched with bad debt you are deluded. Where's the liquidity?

As for Irish wages they are far higher than British wages. Have a look at this wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_in_Europe_by_monthly_average_wage

A google search will provide any amount of evidence you need that the wages and standard of living are higher in Ireland than in the UK.

The brain drain argument is strange as Ireland is still a leading destination for high tech companies. Think of the global high tech leaders and most will be in Ireland.........Intel, Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc etc. Add to that Ireland is the pharmaceutical manufacturing capital of Europe. Ireland has been the 2nd biggest producer of software in the world after America, I'm not sure on the status of this right now.

Our property/construction sector was destroyed by a rogue bank that infiltrated it's way into just about every financial institution in Ireland. The government bailed them out even though they were a purely private bank. That was the mistake but things are coming around. A debt deal has been arranged to stretch out repayments. Moody's upped Ireland's credit rating yesterday.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Feb - 18:58

Ok!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 14 Feb - 19:18

He'd only just bought tickets for his favourite band... Bullet for my valentine.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 14 Feb - 21:03

I live in Ireland. It's sh1t.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 14 Feb - 21:09

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Funny I remember the British government falling over itself to lend Ireland €7 billion because they were so afraid of the toxic debt they had in Ireland going down the drain.

If you think the British banks are not serious over stretched with bad debt you are deluded. Where's the liquidity?

As for Irish wages they are far higher than British wages. Have a look at this wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_in_Europe_by_monthly_average_wage

A google search will provide any amount of evidence you need that the wages and standard of living are higher in Ireland than in the UK.

The brain drain argument is strange as Ireland is still a leading destination for high tech companies. Think of the global high tech leaders and most will be in Ireland.........Intel, Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc etc. Add to that Ireland is the pharmaceutical manufacturing capital of Europe. Ireland has been the 2nd biggest producer of software in the world after America, I'm not sure on the status of this right now.

Our property/construction sector was destroyed by a rogue bank that infiltrated it's way into just about every financial institution in Ireland. The government bailed them out even though they were a purely private bank. That was the mistake but things are coming around. A debt deal has been arranged to stretch out repayments. Moody's upped Ireland's credit rating yesterday.

Strongy, would love to hear your thought's on the #irish governments corporation tax policy? The big banks didn't go there for the view.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 14 Feb - 22:04

DAVE667 wrote:Don't think he's been bailed has he? I thought it was simply put back til tomorrow therefore they'd be keeping him in custody surely?

I don't think they'll give him bail - chances are he'd run............oh c'mon Run

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 14 Feb - 22:47

jimdig wrote:I live in Ireland. It's sh1t.

Depends very much on whether you have job or not. People earning have a decent standard of living compared to many European companies.

Even without a job €200 a week on the dole for a 21 year old in Ireland is a lot more than British young people get.

The biggest nuisance is having to listen to the doom and gloom merchants.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 14 Feb - 22:53

seanmichaels wrote:

Strongy, would love to hear your thought's on the #irish governments corporation tax policy? The big banks didn't go there for the view.

It's been proven that in Germany and France multinational companies pay way less that 10% corporation tax.

I have done work for high tech and pharmaceutical companies and they have told me Ireland is seen as a safe country in terms of security and confidentiality. There is a lot of experience in Ireland working with these types of companies.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 15 Feb - 9:27

To quote Alan Partridge:

"I think the Irish are going through a major image change. I mean, the old image of Leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness, horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, people with eyebrows on their cheeks, badly tarmacced drives – in this country, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings, lots of rocks, and Beamish. I think people are saying “yes, there’s more to Ireland than this”. A good slogan for the tourist board – “Dere’s more to Oireland dan dis.”

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb - 9:36

How did my thinly veiled "Lucien Bute in bestiality scandal" thread get subverted into this load of old tripe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Feb - 9:38

Thought you'd be happy of the responses Dave, 40 responses is more than every Bradley Pryce/Peter Jackson thread you've ever done, or indeed every thread I have ever written, apart from when I have whored myself for the populist vote and done a Lennox Lewis thread.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 15 Feb - 9:40

superflyweight wrote:To quote Alan Partridge:

"I think the Irish are going through a major image change. I mean, the old image of Leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness, horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, people with eyebrows on their cheeks, badly tarmacced drives – in this country, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings, lots of rocks, and Beamish. I think people are saying “yes, there’s more to Ireland than this”. A good slogan for the tourist board – “Dere’s more to Oireland dan dis.”

LOL of the day.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 15 Feb - 9:42

Rowley wrote:Thought you'd be happy of the responses Dave, 40 responses is more than every Bradley Pryce/Peter Jackson thread you've ever done, or indeed every thread I have ever written, apart from when I have whored myself for the populist vote and done a Lennox Lewis thread.

Dave wrote an article and no mention of Haye anywhere.

Things are improving.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Feb - 9:55

Strongback wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

It's been proven that in Germany and France multinational companies pay way less that 10% corporation tax.

And some in the UK pay 0% (Starbucks hang your head) however what they 'acutally' pay and what the government advertises as it's headline rate to attract HQ's to the country are two very different things.

As sean says, they're not their for the view.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Feb - 10:20

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Funny I remember the British government falling over itself to lend Ireland €7 billion because they were so afraid of the toxic debt they had in Ireland going down the drain. We lent money because your economy was in the sh!t and we were exposed to it, that doesn’t remotely support your argument.

If you think the British banks are not serious over stretched with bad debt you are deluded. Where's the liquidity? Never said they were in ship-shape, liquidity is improving (look at consistent lending growth) but poor because they’re rebuilding balance sheets and absurdly risk-averse (needs stronger action from the gov’t), but let’s not make out they’re in worse shape than the Irish banks! Absolute nonsense.

As for Irish wages they are far higher than British wages. Have a look at this wiki page. Did you miss the bit about PPP?

A google search will provide any amount of evidence you need that the wages and standard of living are higher in Ireland than in the UK. First google search I did last night actually didn’t. And in response to your riposte to jimdig who testifies to the difficulty of Irish life at the moment, of course it’s ok if you’ve got a nice cushy job. That’d be like me saying the whole of England is fine because there’s still bucket loads of people in London earning a packet. Our swanky over-priced restaurants are full to the brim every night of the week and need booking weeks in advance but what relevance is that to all the people in the regions that are struggling to get by??! An unemployment rate of 13.5% does not evidence everything being fine and dandy in Ireland.

The brain drain argument is strange as Ireland is still a leading destination for high tech companies. Think of the global high tech leaders and most will be in Ireland.........Intel, Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc etc. Add to that Ireland is the pharmaceutical manufacturing capital of Europe. Ireland has been the 2nd biggest producer of software in the world after America, I'm not sure on the status of this right now. ‘was’, when it was riding that gravy train. And if UK halved it’s corporation tax rates over-night they’d all move here. But we wouldn’t because our economy would be fooked.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irelands-brain-drain-at-record-level---one-Irish-person-leaves-home-every-five-minutes-171769131.html

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irelands-brain-drain-uses-up-their-quota-of-US-Canadian-and-Australian-visas-158086355.html

Personally I hate credit rating agencies and think they got off scott-free for being one of the principle causes of the global recession, however since you mentioned it every single one has Ireland significantly worse than the UK, what does that say about the view of the strength of the Irish economy compared to the UK? It says people think it is less capable of paying back it’s debt, hard to put a positive spin on that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/apr/30/credit-ratings-country-fitch-moodys-standard slightly old article but things have only improved slightly since then and I can’t find another table that so succinctly compares all ratings on all countries.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 15 Feb - 10:29

I have a great job, and a great house in a really nice Southside area of Dublin. I pay 52% tax and my house is worth approx 200,000 less than what I paid for it. I'm in no risk of going behind on payment, or missing out on my foreign holiday, So yes I have it good in relative standards, but it's still, sh1t. But at least I don't live in England I suppose.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Feb - 10:47

Lol and there's me trying to back you........

My point is not that the UK isn't struggling, it is, but you can't let nationalistic pride gloss over the fact that Ireland's economy is in poor health too.

You say 'at least you don't live in England', well if you job were that good you'd be just as well off here (PPP wages/living standards are equal).

I also have a good job, pay a marginal tax rate of 42% and my London flat is worth 15% more than what I paid for it (as is the other flat I own) and last year I holidayed in Iceland and Costa Rica. So I'm also fortunate relative to the average but wouldn't say I'd be better/worse off in Ireland.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 15 Feb - 11:04

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Funny I remember the British government falling over itself to lend Ireland €7 billion because they were so afraid of the toxic debt they had in Ireland going down the drain. We lent money because your economy was in the sh!t and we were exposed to it, that doesn’t remotely support your argument.

If you think the British banks are not serious over stretched with bad debt you are deluded. Where's the liquidity? Never said they were in ship-shape, liquidity is improving (look at consistent lending growth) but poor because they’re rebuilding balance sheets and absurdly risk-averse (needs stronger action from the gov’t), but let’s not make out they’re in worse shape than the Irish banks! Absolute nonsense.

As for Irish wages they are far higher than British wages. Have a look at this wiki page. Did you miss the bit about PPP?

No I didn't. The wages are far higher in Ireland as the wiki page states. That's what I said. As you mentioned PPP throw up some figures that prove the British public have more spending power.

A google search will provide any amount of evidence you need that the wages and standard of living are higher in Ireland than in the UK. First google search I did last night actually didn’t. And in response to your riposte to jimdig who testifies to the difficulty of Irish life at the moment, of course it’s ok if you’ve got a nice cushy job. That’d be like me saying the whole of England is fine because there’s still bucket loads of people in London earning a packet. Our swanky over-priced restaurants are full to the brim every night of the week and need booking weeks in advance but what relevance is that to all the people in the regions that are struggling to get by??! An unemployment rate of 13.5% does not evidence everything being fine and dandy in Ireland.

The brain drain argument is strange as Ireland is still a leading destination for high tech companies. Think of the global high tech leaders and most will be in Ireland.........Intel, Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc etc. Add to that Ireland is the pharmaceutical manufacturing capital of Europe. Ireland has been the 2nd biggest producer of software in the world after America, I'm not sure on the status of this right now. ‘was’, when it was riding that gravy train. And if UK halved it’s corporation tax rates over-night they’d all move here. But we wouldn’t because our economy would be fooked.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irelands-brain-drain-at-record-level---one-Irish-person-leaves-home-every-five-minutes-171769131.html

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irelands-brain-drain-uses-up-their-quota-of-US-Canadian-and-Australian-visas-158086355.htmlr

Anybody with a good job and brains isn't going to find a better standard of living than they have in Ireland by emigrating.

Middle class people in Ireland have a good standard of living and quality of life. That doesn't seem to be the case for middle class British people, that is according to this Telegraph article from a few months ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9659949/UK-facing-middle-class-brain-drain-as-professionals-seek-better-lives-abroad.html

Personally I hate credit rating agencies and think they got off scott-free for being one of the principle causes of the global recession, however since you mentioned it every single one has Ireland significantly worse than the UK, what does that say about the view of the strength of the Irish economy compared to the UK? It says people think it is less capable of paying back it’s debt, hard to put a positive spin on that.

Ireland's credit rating is going in the right direction. Ireland got chewed up by Europe as a small country. Britain was not part of the single currency and hid their problems. Looking under the hood would show enormous exposure to credit debt.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/apr/30/credit-ratings-country-fitch-moodys-standard slightly old article but things have only improved slightly since then and I can’t find another table that so succinctly compares all ratings on all countries.

3 days ago Standard and Poor's increased Ireland's outlook from negative to stable.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next