The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer v De Bakker @Rotterdam

+11
Jahu
TRuffin
lydian
invisiblecoolers
bogbrush
Chydremion
JuliusHMarx
socal1976
lags72
Henman Bill
laverfan
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Federer v De Bakker @Rotterdam - Page 2 Empty Federer v De Bakker @Rotterdam

Post by laverfan Thu 14 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Federer has a break and consolidates. 4-1.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Federer v De Bakker @Rotterdam - Page 2 Empty Re: Federer v De Bakker @Rotterdam

Post by User 774433 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 9:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
hawkeye wrote:Right! Neil Harman is really getting on my nerves now. This is what he has just tweeted

Julien Benneteau really ought to have beaten The Fed at Wimbledon last summer. He is playing some special tennis in Rotterdam right now

https://twitter.com/neilharmantimes

Rolling Eyes It doesn't take three guesses to figure out why he wishes that Wimbledon result could be different. And it has nothing to do with how "special" he thinks Benneteau is. In fact quite the opposite...Noticed he's also been annoying Djokovic fans today for similar reasons. Pfft!
Didn't Benneteau get injured after falling when 2 sets up?

I think his career was ripped apart by injuries Smile
Imagine what the ball boys who had to walk on the non-clay surface to help Benneteau up had to do...
Anyway Socal, Julius; did you both get my message? As this was a stalemate, there will be a second quiz, a decider!!

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Federer v De Bakker @Rotterdam - Page 2 Empty Re: Federer v De Bakker @Rotterdam

Post by TRuffin Fri 15 Feb 2013, 9:03 pm

socal1976 wrote:Cincy is usually an awful tournament ruffin, hardly what I call beautiful tennis. Players dying in the humidity and withdrawals all over the place as everyone wants to be in NY.

What do you think about my idea of moving cincy up to two weeks after wimby and playing it on grass, like the US grass court championship. I go to Indian Wells most years, and I feel like Cincy would be helped by being unique and having a change of scheduling as well.

lol.. well maybe I like Cincy becasue I have attended it often.... to each his own :-)

I'd love to see a Masters on grass... Let's do it!

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 15 Feb 2013, 9:05 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
hawkeye wrote:Right! Neil Harman is really getting on my nerves now. This is what he has just tweeted

Julien Benneteau really ought to have beaten The Fed at Wimbledon last summer. He is playing some special tennis in Rotterdam right now

Rolling Eyes It doesn't take three guesses to figure out why he wishes that Wimbledon result could be different. And it has nothing to do with how "special" he thinks Benneteau is. In fact quite the opposite...Noticed he's also been annoying Djokovic fans today for similar reasons. Pfft!

Imagine what the ball boys who had to walk on the non-clay surface to help Benneteau up had to do...
Anyway Socal, Julius; did you both get my message? As this was a stalemate, there will be a second quiz, a decider!!

I didn't actually bother reading the first quiz.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 9:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

I didn't actually bother reading the first quiz.
So you're claiming your answer was just a total guess?

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

Yikes

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 9:08 pm

TRuffin wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Cincy is usually an awful tournament ruffin, hardly what I call beautiful tennis. Players dying in the humidity and withdrawals all over the place as everyone wants to be in NY.

What do you think about my idea of moving cincy up to two weeks after wimby and playing it on grass, like the US grass court championship. I go to Indian Wells most years, and I feel like Cincy would be helped by being unique and having a change of scheduling as well.

lol.. well maybe I like Cincy becasue I have attended it often.... to each his own :-)

I'd love to see a Masters on grass... Let's do it!

I think if they did move it closer to wimbeldon time wise and made it grass it would spark a lot of interest and the players would love playing on grass in cincy as opposed to the baked concrete. A big difference in on court temperature. I will sign you on to my non-existant petition to change Cincy to grass and move it up in the calendar. As a true humanitarian I care about your viewing experience.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:55 pm

I was going to watch Fed tomorrow morning; looks like that is not happening. Will try to catch at least a bit of Dimitrov vs Delpo. I like both guys but would be really happy if Grigor made his breakthrough finally.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

Dimi vs Delpo on in about 30mins. I am hoping for a good match. Grigor has shown more grit this year where he is willing to fight when the going gets tough. Beating Delpo would be great for his confidence. I like Delpo too so will not be heart-broken if he wins. Still, good luck, Dimi.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

The kid is spraying it a bit. Not the best of starts. What now? Will he fold or will he stick around?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:13 pm

summerblues wrote:The kid is spraying it a bit. Not the best of starts. What now? Will he fold or will he stick around?

I will do a JHM on this. Fold or Hold?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:19 pm

laverfan wrote:I will do a JHM on this. Fold or Hold?
Smile

Not exactly folding but it still looks like he will be going down rather meekly.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:19 pm

hawkeye wrote:
Chydremion wrote:
laverfan wrote:Bene beating up on Federer. Laugh

Why do you find that funny???

laverfan. I get the impression that you quite enjoy it when either Federer or Nadal lose. Are you not a fan of the Fedal era?

I prefer a good contest. Watched the Berlocq-Nadal and Haas-Johnson matches. I do like Fedal, they are indeed special, as are Djokovicurray and many others, which you may not agree with.

hawkeye wrote:I have just seen the result. And using the words of IMBL what a load of "Frak Poopie" (although I doubt if IMBL would use these particular words about this particular match). But maybe it's no big loss. Has any decent player ever won in Rotterdam? Also I liked Rogers shirt...

I did see SL and you discussing the list of past champions. rose

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:22 pm

summerblues wrote:
laverfan wrote:I will do a JHM on this. Fold or Hold?
Smile

Not exactly folding but it still looks like he will be going down rather meekly.

He has done well to account for Tomic, Davydenko, Baggy. Good to see positive signs. For example he could hav volleyed it a bit better instead of getting passed by the big man.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:27 pm

laverfan wrote:He has done well to account for Tomic, Davydenko, Baggy. Good to see positive signs. For example he could hav volleyed it a bit better instead of getting passed by the big man.
Good week, no doubt. But these young kids are supposed to be slam winners and No 1s eventually. Yet we still have to be happy when they play a couple of good matches or win some dinky tournaments. And they are not so young anymore. Really, they should already be winning those slams.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

Del Potro, rather than Dimitrov, for slams right now. The new coach with Dimitrov is showing a difference. Happy to see that. Wish Tomic would improve his attitude as well.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:52 pm

laverfan wrote:Del Potro, rather than Dimitrov, for slams right now.
Well yes, and even that may be a long shot. I just wish some new faces broke through properly. In the open era, around 30% of slams were won by players under 23 years of age. On average, that is more than a slam per year. Yet, this year we will talk of progress if any of these youngsters so much as make one SF in a slam.

laverfan wrote:The new coach with Dimitrov is showing a difference. Happy to see that. Wish Tomic would improve his attitude as well.
Yes, that would be nice. I do not have much hope for Tomic though; his attitude feels way off.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:39 pm

laverfan wrote:Del Potro, rather than Dimitrov, for slams right now. The new coach with Dimitrov is showing a difference. Happy to see that. Wish Tomic would improve his attitude as well.

Can't see Dimi winning any slams myself. His backhand return is a soft, nowadays it seems that great returners dominate the tour and dimi has improved but he gives up a lot of predictable soft chip returns. Said chipped return when you know its coming and you move and have a forehand like the players today have will cause you a lot of problems. It is a good return the chipped return, but as a variety play or against a guy like Roddick who isn't comfortable moving and just hits very big. When you chip 90 percent of the returns to most of the guys on the ATP tour well get ready to play chip and chase on your return games.

Del Po I think will find away to win a slam or two again. He is a very complete player who is working on his variety, feel, and volleys and I think if he gets up to #4 and gets some good draws he could win another slam. But he has to, has to figure out away to beat murray and novak on more regular basis.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2