The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italy take rugby very seriously.....

+12
ScarletSpiderman
OzT
Barney McGrew did it
nobbled
rainbow-warrior
jimbopip
Biltong
maestegmafia
GLove39
TJ1
AlastairW
21st Century Schizoid Man
16 posters

Go down

Italy take rugby very seriously..... Empty Italy take rugby very seriously.....

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 14 Feb 2013, 7:54 pm

Scotland lose to Tonga and coach Andy Robinson resigns

Italy lose to Scotland and the Pope resigns Shocked

Back to top Go down

Italy take rugby very seriously..... Empty Re: Italy take rugby very seriously.....

Post by AlastairW Thu 14 Feb 2013, 8:01 pm

drumroll

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Italy take rugby very seriously..... Empty Re: Italy take rugby very seriously.....

Post by TJ1 Thu 14 Feb 2013, 10:37 pm

Very Happy

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:27 am

clap

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 15 Feb 2013, 6:20 am

Very good..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 15 Feb 2013, 6:22 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:

Italy lose to Scotland and the Pope resigns Shocked

I thought the Pope resigned out of respect for Juan Smith who retired from rugby? Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 15 Feb 2013, 7:53 am

So it's official : Euan Murray is a better prop than an octogenarian former Hitler Youth. Apparently the new Scotland badge will incorporate the words "Gott mit uns, and the messiah too"

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 15 Feb 2013, 8:05 am

The pope does not live in Italy!!!
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:49 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:The pope does not live in Italy!!!

Don't mess with a good gag - until the Vatican join the 6 Nations, Italy is close enough!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:44 pm

The Pope would've made a great captain. Can't see any ref arguing with the word of God - better even than McCaw.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:28 pm

It could become a tad tedious if they had to wait for the Pope to arrive at every breakdown, ruck, scrum and line out though. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:14 pm

No probs bilts, they'll just soup up the Popemobile..... add some supercharging or something

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:22 pm

I suppose performance enhancing is the answer for him, besides who's gonna tell the Pope to wee wee in a cup? Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:26 pm

watch out for the thunderbolts now mate...

angel

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:33 pm

Barney McGrew did it wrote:The Pope would've made a great captain. Can't see any ref arguing with the word of God - better even than McCaw.

That would make it hard for him to play against Ireland though, after all ain't BO'D supposedly god?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:23 pm

I'd love to see a game with the Pope, McCaw and BOD on at the same time. It would reduce the ref to tears. Unless it was Kaplan, who'd trump them all.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:26 pm

I think Healy would be less likely to stamp on the Pope - but if he did, who better to forgive him?
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Solid8 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:44 pm

Biltong wrote:I suppose performance enhancing is the answer for him, besides who's gonna tell the Pope to wee wee in a cup? Laugh

When the pope is "crowned" he has to sit on a special chair with no seat while underpantless and be carried over the heads of senior members of the church to check that he is in fact a he and not a she! I imagine that would be slightly more embarrassing than being told to pee in a cup.

Solid8

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:52 pm

Solid8 wrote:
Biltong wrote:I suppose performance enhancing is the answer for him, besides who's gonna tell the Pope to wee wee in a cup? Laugh

When the pope is "crowned" he has to sit on a special chair with no seat while underpantless and be carried over the heads of senior members of the church to check that he is in fact a he and not a she! I imagine that would be slightly more embarrassing than being told to pee in a cup.
Sounds like a standard rugby club initiation ceremony.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:01 pm

Solid8 wrote:

Ok, I like to consider myself a fairly educated and experienced man of the world.... but in religion I'm an ignoramus (or agnostic, as I'd rather call it)...

.... Someone tell me this is TRUE... Very Happy

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:26 pm

Sorry to burst the image...

Generally, there are two versions of the legend.
In the first, an English woman, called Joan, went to Athens with her lover, and studied there.
In the second, a German woman called Giliberta was born in Mainz.
"Joan" disguises herself as a monk, called Joannes Anglicus. In time, she rose to the highest office of the church, becoming a pope.
After two or five years of reign, 'Pope Joan' became pregnant, and during an Easter procession, she gave birth to the child on the streets when she fell off a horse. She was publicly stoned to death by the astonished crowd, and according to the legend, removed from the Vatican archives.
As a consequence, certain traditions stated that popes throughout the medieval period were required to undergo a procedure wherein they sat on a special chair with a hole in the seat. A cardinal would have the task of putting his hand up the hole to check whether the pope had testicles, or doing a visual examination.[citation needed] This procedure is not taken seriously by most historians, and there is no documented instance. It is probably a scurrilous legend based on the existence of two ancient stone chairs with holes in the seats that probably dated from Roman times and may have been used because of their ancient imperial origins. Their original purpose is obscure.
In a seventeenth-century study, Protestant historian David Blondel argued that 'Pope Joan' is a fictitious story. The story may well be a satire that came to be believed as reality. This view is generally accepted among historians.
[edit]

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

Pretty sure it's a form of heresy to fondle the Pope's plums.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Feb 2013, 6:22 pm

"When the pope is "crowned" he has to sit on a special chair with no seat while underpantless and be carried over the heads of senior members of the church to check that he is in fact a he and not a she! I imagine that would be slightly more embarrassing than being told to pee in a cup."

serious!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 17 Feb 2013, 3:02 am

nobbled wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:The pope does not live in Italy!!!

Don't mess with a good gag - until the Vatican join the 6 Nations, Italy is close enough!

A good gag!!! The gag is how many millions follow this man as well as other religions. Still thats another gag.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down