The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LTA Shake-Up! At Last!

Go down

LTA Shake-Up! At Last! Empty LTA Shake-Up! At Last!

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:34 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/9871851/New-LTA-chief-challenged-to-lead-revolution-in-British-game-by-sparking-greater-grass-roots-participation.html

It seems the new chair has a clear vision and hopefully will do away with the waste that exists in the LTA. How he will encourage grass roots participation will be interesting. Whilst he has held some meaty positions on projects or organisations, one thing that is clear is that he will be results driven and won't hide behind the success already generated by Murray, Watson and Robson. I bet Draper is twitching! I just hope that Gregson will listen to those on the ground floor and allows them the autonomy to inspire and create change. Never had a problem with the junior set up as I think it is solid and has produced results. It is how they develop from a junior to a senior player capable of challenging on the main tour where the LTA fall down. I have always found the PBR method especially in sports to be successful and I think if the LTA can help provide juniors making the jump to the pro tour with some structure in the form of top class coaching whilst they find their feet might well produce results. Get the coaches in when the juniors are about 14 and then that way they have the option whether they want to invest into 'private' coaching. They need to address the area where the juniors tail off into obscurity.

I welcome the appointment and hopefully will do away with the 'protectionism' that exists in the LTA which has allowed Draper to run a tight ship covered by self interest.

Back to top Go down

LTA Shake-Up! At Last! Empty Re: LTA Shake-Up! At Last!

Post by laverfan Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:28 pm

Very glad to see changes. Now if croneyism and politics stay out of it, it would be marvellous. Run it like a private for-profit enterprise.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:31 pm

With Gregson in a non-paid position and also a very commercial driven person may well make LTA sustainable financially, but also ensure the LTA has high standards across the organisation Smile

Fingers crossed thugh Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down