The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Apps

3 posters

Go down

Golf Apps Empty Golf Apps

Post by Redrage Sat 16 Feb 2013, 9:01 pm

What golf apps are we all using on our smartphones? I downloaded Swing Reader but have not gotten round to using it yet. It is a free alternative to Tigers app or V1. I am tempted to add a GPS app. I know they are not legal for competition use and the last golf apps thread got sidelined by a discussion about this. I would rather this was a thread about apps we do use and how useful we find them.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Golf Apps Empty Re: Golf Apps

Post by shclaff Sun 17 Feb 2013, 11:29 am

I use V1. I've found it really useful when I'm working on something specific in my swing. Can get instant feedback on the range so i'm less likely to ingrain bad habits.

Can also compare my swing to certain pros which is useful if a bit soul destroying!

Not bad for £2.99

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:14 pm

I have the pga tour app so I can check the scores when out and about.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:45 pm

shclaff wrote:I use V1. I've found it really useful when I'm working on something specific in my swing. Can get instant feedback on the range so i'm less likely to ingrain bad habits.

Can also compare my swing to certain pros which is useful if a bit soul destroying!

Not bad for £2.99

I set out to get this, but the reviews were mixed so opted for the Swing Reader freebie. Do you ever have
any issues with it?

McLaren wrote:I have the pga tour app so I can check the scores when out and about.

Yeah, that is a good one... pity the european tour don't have a similar app.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:51 pm

Redrage wrote:
I set out to get this, but the reviews were mixed so opted for the Swing Reader freebie. Do you ever have
any issues with it?

No technical problems that I've come across. One thing that occurred to me was I would like to have access to swings from a few more recognisable pros. The 'model' swings are a little out of date and from people like Kenny Perry rather than Rory/Luke. You might be able to update it though?!

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

shclaff wrote:
Redrage wrote:
any issues with it?

No technical problems that I've come across. One thing that occurred to me was I would like to have access to swings from a few more recognisable pros. The 'model' swings are a little out of date and from people like Kenny Perry rather than Rory/Luke. You might be able to update it though?!

I imagine you can download some form of update, purely because they could get away with charging you a few more $$$ for some new swings.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down