The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer and Nadal have become so bad unbelievable

+9
lydian
summerblues
socal1976
Haddie-nuff
Gerry SA
bogbrush
Danny_1982
User 774433
Chydremion
13 posters

Go down

Federer and Nadal have become so bad unbelievable Empty Federer and Nadal have become so bad unbelievable

Post by Chydremion Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:23 pm

Nadal now at absolute mug level in his second set against Nalbandian. We are yet to see a good Federer this year.
Who could have imagined this a few years ago? Seems like right now they are declining together rapidly. Hope they can regather their form, because I've never seen them collectively that awful.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Federer and Nadal have become so bad unbelievable Empty Re: Federer and Nadal have become so bad unbelievable

Post by Chydremion Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

Nadal missing routine shots all over the place, on gravel, against a poor playing Nalbandian wtf.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Federer and Nadal have become so bad unbelievable Empty Re: Federer and Nadal have become so bad unbelievable

Post by User 774433 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

He's come back after so many months out, it's hardly surprising.
He's playing much better than I expected at this early stage.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:37 pm

Ha ha!
Since you said that Nadal's played some good tennis, 3-3 now in the second set (won the first set 6-2).

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:39 pm

Nadal holds, that's 4 games in a row for him.
6-2 4-3 up.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:48 pm

6 Games in a row now for Nadal... and that's the match Wink

6-2 6-3 win for Rafa

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:51 pm

I am the epic jinxer. But man Nalbandian was bad.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:06 pm

With Rafa we'll have to see how he does against top players, but he seems well on the patch to come back not far off his previous level. I don't see that much evidence of a decline with Roger. He holds a slam, was number 1 again for a while and reached the last slam semi only losing in 5 sets to the most recent slam winner. How can someone who has been number 1 within the last 6 months be in serious decline?

He won't have enjoyed losing to Benny, but since when did 500 tournaments become so important? Roger doesn't move quite as well as a few years ago, but he's still a great player.

Anyway, each to their own I suppose but I don't really see it personally.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:27 pm

Fed now losestoordinary players, often. He didn't do that at peak.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:34 pm

So after being on the shelf for 7 months, then reaching the final in singles and doubles on his comeback. Then winning the title the week after yet Nadal is 'bad'. Doh

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 17 Feb 2013, 7:10 pm

Gerry SA wrote:So after being on the shelf for 7 months, then reaching the final in singles and doubles on his comeback. Then winning the title the week after yet Nadal is 'bad'. Doh

Ye`he is soooooo bad that even after 7 mths on the shelf he is still ranked No. 5 what does that tell you about the rest ??? picard

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:02 pm

Did you see the match? He played ten times better at Roland Garros last year than he is playing now. Fortunately it was a tournament full of mugs and Nalby is one leg into retirement.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

Chydremion wrote:I am the epic jinxer. But man Nalbandian was bad.

It is very hard for Dave to go a full two or three hours without a meal, the hunger pangs have kept him from reaching his full super talented potential.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:12 pm

Chydremion wrote:Did you see the match? He played ten times better at Roland Garros last year than he is playing now.
Of course, that's not really surprising though is it.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

Yes I did see the match and those before it and I have watched a man who is obviously still in pain struggle to get back to competitive tennis after 7mths lay off . .. what were you expecting of him..That he would come back and play the same as he did before his injury.. are you being serious ???? He never picked up a raquet for nearly 4 mths.. you should wake up and smell the coffee. Andre Agassi has publicly stated that Rafa will probably take close to a year before he can get back to where he was.. These tournaments arn´t all about regaining his tennis ability but regaining his confidence., But then that probably never occurred to you did it..as I said he is still at No 5 in the rankings so I repeat... it sadly doesnt say much for the rest does it ?

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

So you agree he is playing quite bad at the moment?

(not saying he won't get better, but right now Federer and Nadal are nowhere near the level of their Wimbledon or AO clashes).

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:28 pm

Chydremion wrote:So you agree he is playing quite bad at the moment?

(not saying he won't get better, but right now Federer and Nadal are nowhere near the level of their Wimbledon or AO clashes).
Yes, I agree with you that Nadal is not at his best level right now.
What I am surprised at, is that you seem surprised at this. Wink

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:34 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:

Well everyone seems to have got used to it far quicker than I do but it's weird that two players at the moment are better than Federer and Nadal (who used to be number 1 and 2 for so long). I know Federer is still number 2, but honestly Murray and Djokovic are the best players of the last 6 months.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:41 pm

Chydremion wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

Well everyone seems to have got used to it far quicker than I do but it's weird that two players at the moment are better than Federer and Nadal (who used to be number 1 and 2 for so long). I know Federer is still number 2, but honestly Murray and Djokovic are the best players of the last 6 months.
Well, we're waiting to see how Nadal comes back. He could come back well.
Fed, I wouldn't write off just yet.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 18 Feb 2013, 12:19 am

Neither Rafa nor Nalby played much tennis recently, and I think it showed today - both were quite rusty with tons of cheap errors.

Rafa's consistency obviously not there yet; it will be interesting to watch his progress. I admit I expected him to just stroll through this South American swing but I guess seven months away is a long time. I still expect he will be back to normal well before the French.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:38 am

It should be noted that Rafa is still in pain he has said that.. and the doctors are expecting him to be in pain for some while yet. I am astounded, truly, that there are those on here who seem not to have realised the cause of his absence.
Must have been on another planet !!! As far as Im concerned I dont care who Rafa plays as long as he keeps winning because his confidence needs to recover as well as his knee.

As far as Federer is concerned again what are you expecting he is 32yrs old this year and whilst he will remain at the top for a while yet.. his decline is inevitable.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 18 Feb 2013, 8:54 am

Yes Haddie, people have to bear in mind Nadal said this after his semi win...

"I didn't feel well today, it was the worst day for my knee, and if the knee is not well it makes it very difficult to play. But I am happy with the result. After seven months without playing it's good to reach the final again, even if I'm not at my best. It will be very hard. I didn't feel well today but I hope that I'll be better tomorrow."

The joy and tears on his dad's face seeing him win again was quite something, you get a sense of the pain they've all shared with their son's career the past 7 months.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:18 am

not saying he won't get better, but right now Federer and Nadal are nowhere near the level of their Wimbledon or AO clashes)..
-----------

Seldom am I speechless .. but this gets the quote of the year award steam

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:22 am

You have to question the wisdom of anyone competing with an injury like that.

Is it desperation?

Someone ought to shoot him for continually biting trophies though. It's the worst celebration in sport.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:28 am

You have to question the wisdom of anyone competing with an injury like that.

Is it desperation?

--------------

No its a man whose chosen profession has given him so much joy and he wants to continue.. I admire him for his efforts so many would have hung up their racquet and been satisfied with their winnings... but Rafa is a competitor and has been seen the age of four.. he deserves some respect and anyone who loves the sport would see what a huge contribution this man has made to the game. But the constant criticisms he receives no matter what he does is pathetic .. he cannot be right for being wrong.

The trophy biting started many years ago.. and its the media that now expect him to do it. .. (just dont watch the presentation that will solve your problem)

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:44 am

bogbrush wrote:Fed now loses to ordinary players, often. He didn't do that at peak.
In the last year, the only players he has lost to are Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro, Berdych, Haase, Roddick and now Benneteau.

Only three losses to non-top ten players in 12 months. That's better than 2007!

He's clearly below his peak now but "losing to ordinary players often" is a bit strong!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:46 am

Putting your fanboy hat to the side though Haddie, yes he may love tennis, yes he's done much for the game, especially amongst housewives, but is playing with a continual injury not more likely to curtail his career?

Isn't it more sensible to take as much time as necessary to make as full a recovery as possible the most sensible thing for the good of his career and also his legacy.

I can see that despite doing well in tinpot clay tournaments with a very weak field, he's really going to struggle against better players on tougher surfaces.

I've also currently got a knee injury, but know if I want to run again, I've got to give it rest.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:15 am

Thanks makes a change from calling me a fangirl. (incidentally I AM FEMALE)
But you view it from your perspective Im not here to convince you of the wisdom of his choice.. or no. View it how you like..I know after several operations on one foot my advice was WALK ON IT you have to go through the pain and out the other side.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

Walking and playing one of the most intense of sports though is a little different.

Much as you might dislike the prospect, I think he'll be out of the game permanently in 3-4 years.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:30 am

Oh your about two years too late with that piece of information SR I think it was acknowledged by me and other Rafa supporters that he would not remain in the game for too long.. way way before he had this knee problem.- So if you think you are dealing me a body blow with that little pearl of wisdom you are sadly mistaken.

I have faith in Rafa´s own judgement.. he has already stipulated quite plainly that he will know when its time to hang up the Babolat.. but I think he should be allowed to make that decision for himself.. his critics do not know what he is going through or dealing with on a daily basis. Give the man a break .. he has been back for 5 mins and this forum can speak of nothing or nobody else.. how boring the rest of the tour must be. AND speaking for Rafa fans... his detractors talk about him more than we do.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:35 am

Fair enough, He's a tough guy to like so easy to see why so many people like to give him some clog.

Tour is a bit boring, needs to be a top 8, and not just a top 3 as it currently is, fast becoming a top 2.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:43 am

It was a top two for ages with Rafa and Fed so it really isn´t something new is it .. just a changing of the guard... Strange I also have found Federer to be a tough guy to like.. so we do have something in common after all. Whistle

Different strokes for different folks !!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:47 am

I haven't too much of a problem with Federer, although I do find his smugness and pant wetting housewife fanclub very irksome. Although, to be fair, he's earned the right be turn up the smug mode.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 4:23 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Fed now loses to ordinary players, often. He didn't do that at peak.
In the last year, the only players he has lost to are Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro, Berdych, Haase, Roddick and now Benneteau.

Only three losses to non-top ten players in 12 months. That's better than 2007!

He's clearly below his peak now but "losing to ordinary players often" is a bit strong!

I agree with the point you make here HMM, both as regards him being below his peak (personally I believe significantly so, with more evidence to come as 2013 pans out) but that "losing to ordinary players" is a bit strong. I think the decline has to be viewed in the context of standards he set in his prime.

You list the six guys he lost to last year, and that pattern is not too dissimilar to defeats suffered by current Number One Djokovic, who lost to seven different players of comparable quality:

Querrey, Murray x3 , Federer x2 , Delpo, Nadal x3 , Tipsarevic, Isner.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 18 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

super_realist wrote:I haven't too much of a problem with Federer, although I do find his smugness and pant wetting housewife fanclub very irksome. Although, to be fair, he's earned the right be turn up the smug mode.

Wow! I'm surprised that you are put off by Federer's female fans. I always thought that his fan base was predominantly male. It's Nadal who attracts fans because of his cuteness... or scares off the male fans for the same reason (cough!)

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Mon 18 Feb 2013, 6:02 pm

Most female Nadal fans don't watch tennis. They just saw his poster somewhere hanging on a wall and claim fanship.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 18 Feb 2013, 6:27 pm

Chydremion. Don't worry I can tell by your post that you are completely macho and have never looked at a poster of Nadal, watched him play tennis or become a member of a Nadal fan club. Just be careful and try not to talk to any crazy female tennis fans. They could whip out a poster of Nadal and force you to look. And then what would people say?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Feb 2013, 6:39 pm

Chydremion wrote:Most female Nadal fans don't watch tennis. They just saw his poster somewhere hanging on a wall and claim fanship.

What a load of CR@P Ive been watching tennis before you were a twinkle in your father´s eye I have a grandson as old as Rafa... dont make such stupid assertions.. there are some of his female followers supporters fans... that just enjoy his tennis . If you had asked me if I had had a poster of Bjorn Borg then I might have agreed many many years ago... but .. sorry I have no posters of Rafa over my bed too old in the tooth.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:00 pm

hawkeye wrote:
super_realist wrote:I haven't too much of a problem with Federer, although I do find his smugness and pant wetting housewife fanclub very irksome. Although, to be fair, he's earned the right be turn up the smug mode.

Wow! I'm surprised that you are put off by Federer's female fans. I always thought that his fan base was predominantly male. It's Nadal who attracts fans because of his cuteness... or scares off the male fans for the same reason (cough!)

Laugh Really? You're saying men don't like him because he's good looking?

Well I like Rafa, so I guess I must be attracted to his cuteness. And one of the most popular English football players of recent times is Beckham... I guess that was just a gay phase for all male football fans.

I also like Lopez, who most women say is a dish.... Perhaps I need to reassess some things... rose

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:32 pm

Laugh
Danny_1982 wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

Laugh Really? You're saying men don't like him because he's good looking?

Well I like Rafa, so I guess I must be attracted to his cuteness. And one of the most popular English football players of recent times is Beckham... I guess that was just a gay phase for all male football fans.

I also like Lopez, who most women say is a dish.... Perhaps I need to reassess some things... rose

Laugh Laugh

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down