The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubai draw published .....

+12
prostaff85
Born Slippy
HM Murdock
lydian
Henman Bill
socal1976
Haddie-nuff
The Special Juan
Calder106
hawkeye
laverfan
lags72
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dubai draw published ..... - Page 2 Empty Dubai draw published .....

Post by lags72 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hard to see any problems at all for either Djokovic or Federer until 3rd round at very earliest.

Djoko would seem to have only Delpo to cause any serious concern as things progress (unless Rosol decides to put on a show, that is .... Erm )

As defending champ Federer will have to face potential issues with the improving Tomic, and of course with Berdych and Tsonga.

I've obviously missed some news wrt Murray not playing after making last year's Final ..... could someone please remind me why he's giving it a miss this year...?

Last edited by lags72 on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Duplicated word)

lags72

Back to top Go down

Dubai draw published ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Dubai draw published .....

Post by laverfan Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:26 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Thanks Very Happy

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Llodra's SS win over JWT yet. 6-4 6-2 is very impressive indeed.

7-6(3), 6-2, to be pedantic. Perhaps the exertions of beating Berdych at Open13 after saving MPs got to Tsonga. - http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/02/8/Marseille-Sunday-Tsonga-Denies-Berdych-For-Title.aspx

He is also biting the trophy, so Nadal has competition now. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:56 pm

Llodra isn't exactly an easy opener on a fast hardcourt either.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:19 pm

LLodra really did some dazzling stuff today and had JWT all confused, he just doesn't play a style that many others play but he is very effective with it and it makes you wonder why a few others don't try it. He really does have dazzling hands and some unorthodox shots with that lefty action of his.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:12 am

socal1976 wrote:LLodra really did some dazzling stuff today and had JWT all confused, he just doesn't play a style that many others play but he is very effective with it and it makes you wonder why a few others don't try it. He really does have dazzling hands and some unorthodox shots with that lefty action of his.

With Clement (and now Benneteau) he has played many doubles, which when combined with the natural gut use is a sight to behold.

The second set here was fun to watch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20uyWHmFf1Y

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:35 am

All four top seeds in action today.

Any upsets seem unlikely, although Kamke is pushing Berdych right now.

Hard to see the biggest paycheque going to anyone other than Novak this week

Maybe (or maybe not ....) a chance for Granollers to snatch a memorable victory over the Swiss One to tell the grandchildren about....? There might not be many more opportunities. After all, Benneteau has done it (twice in fact), and Granollers is not only close to Benne rankings-wise but also has a distinct age advantage.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:45 am

As Lydian would say, agricultural tennis of Granollers will more than likely lose on a fast HC.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:46 pm

Did someone mention the Seed Plough of Tennis?

If Federer lost to boring-as-muesli Granola on a fast HC then he'd have to announce immediate retirement.

Marcel's new racquet below:
Dubai draw published ..... - Page 2 Ox_Plough_Animal_Driven_Plough
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Wed 27 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

Looks an interesting piece of equipment lydian ......

It was clearly highly effective against Montanes, but somehow wasn't quite up to the job in today's meeting with the Fed.

I assume the new racquet comes complete with a nice shiny bag, courtesy of his sponsors ....? chin

(Ps .... I take it you really don't like Marcel .....!!)

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 27 Feb 2013, 5:21 pm

Indeed lags, the agriculturally adept Granollers isn't fit to plough any furrow in tennis and thankfully Fed showed him the errors of his ways in plying such trade in this sport of agility and elegance. Its not just the tractor-like movements, its the farmyard grunting and the perma-pained expression with every shot that suggests he's on his way to the slaughter house. I'd rather stick pitch forks in my eyes than watch any of his games. As one commentator said in the Olympics of another similarly agriculturally afflicted athlete...."he moves with all the grace and speed of a wardrobe". If you could cross an IKEA wardrobe with a wooden ox-drawn seed plough and teach it tennis you'd have Granollers as its love child.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Wed 27 Feb 2013, 6:24 pm

Thanks for that fulsome analysis of the Granollers technique (if that's a suitable word...) lydian.

Can't recall the last time I saw him in action, so to speak ; but if I do happen to chance upon one of his matches at some future point, then I shall have those colourful images firmly in mind. Although best avoided at all costs, from what you say .......!!

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2