The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most diabolical performance of 6N so far?

+28
bedfordwelsh
Barney McGrew did it
profitius
tomhughesnice
doddieman
GunsGerms
sirBiggles
thebluesmancometh
A World Cup and 3 Finals
Cyril
rainbow-warrior
George Carlin
Poorfour
100%beefy
tigertattie
belovedfrosties
captain carrantuohil
RuggerRadge2611
bluestonevedder
RubyGuby
Morgannwg
TBJ9625
fa0019
Casartelli
LondonTiger
Jimpy
Alex_Germany
t1000advancedprototype
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worst performance so far?

Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_lcap20%Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 13 ]
Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_lcap40%Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 26 ]
Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_lcap11%Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]
Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_lcap2%Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_lcap27%Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 65

Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Empty Most diabolical performance of 6N so far?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:08 am

We've had some real crackers so far...

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Empty Re: Most diabolical performance of 6N so far?

Post by Alex_Germany Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:12 am

How about France (vs Wales)?

If the France had properly started the 6 Nations at the start, instead of waiting for the England match, the table would look a bit different.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Most diabolical performance of 6N so far? Empty Re: Most diabolical performance of 6N so far?

Post by Jimpy Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:14 am

What was served up at Murrayfield yesterday will take some beating in the dirge stakes.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:17 am

None of them.

Italy played very well and France were not terrible.
Ireland were excellent for the first 45 minutes then switched off. You could argue that Ireland for the last 35 minutes was the worst - but that would then be unfair on Welsh.
Have not seen Italy against Scotland - but as a fair few of the Scottish tries were breakaways it seems harsh to say Italy were terrible.
England were excellent against Scotland - completely wrong to say the scores were due to Scotland being bad.
Ireland did a lot of things right against Scotland and really should have won. So not a terrible performance - just poor finishing.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:20 am

Wales first half against Ireland was the worst performance of ANY Six Nations, not just this year's.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:22 am

worst match was easily Wales vs. France.

Watching France commit suicide is never a great thing no matter who they are facing.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by TBJ9625 Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:52 am

I think all the games so far have been strewn with mistakes and errors. Possibly the lowest standard 6 Nations for a couple of years. Only standout game for me so far is Scotland v Italy. Thought the Scots played really well, kept it simple and executed it well. Was good to see the ball being kept alive some much!
TBJ9625
TBJ9625

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:48 pm

Ireland vs England and Scotland vs Ireland. Both snorefests, apart from the epic, hard-fought, England win in Fortress Dublin...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:58 pm

Joubert & St Andre should be on there along with OGara and Michalak thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:03 pm

Got to be Wales France for me

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:03 pm

Yeah Wales vs. France for a neutral was the worst game I have ever seen. The pitch was a shambles, hence the scrums didn't work and we were robbed of one of the fascinating tussles in the game

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:05 pm

There hasn't yet been 80 minutes of rubbish from any side in 2013, although Italy looked to be reverting depressingly to type at times on Saturday. With that in mind, I think it's harsh to over-criticise this championship, which has already turned in more memorable games than 2011, for instance.

That year really was the nadir. Aside from France-Scotland, Italy-France and Ireland-England, for different reasons, there was barely a game to stir the blood. 2011 also featured the single worst international 80 minutes from any one team that I've ever seen (Scotland's unbelievable capitulation at home to Wales) and by far the least inspired championship-winning side ever. Close to a Grand Slam be blowed - how England won that tournament with that side remains a mystery to me. It said a great deal about the weakness of others and the 2011 championship as a whole remains a low point in recent NH rugby.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:14 pm

It's a shame how the last 2 rounds haven't been great, especially after how entertaining the first weekend was. All gone downhill from there, though the weather has most definitely played a factor.

In regards to the OP, France v wales was terrible, not sure how it didn't make an option for the the poll, particularly when Scotland didn't play badly in the 2nd half against England.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:22 pm

Why is Ireland Vs England not on the list? That was one god awful game!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:28 pm

Yeh, the France's pitch for the Wales game was a disgrace!

After the first round, I really thought we were on to a really entertaining Six Nations. The last 2 rounds have had their moments, but not as consistnetly great as the first weekend.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 26 Feb 2013, 5:05 pm

I think Wales first half v Ireland was pretty awful, if capable of playing as they did 40 minutes later why couldn't they make a statement of intent at home as defending champs. The usual lacklustre half asleep witless play we have seen so many times, it is almost as if they need to play catch up

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Tue 26 Feb 2013, 5:14 pm

tigertattie wrote:Why is Ireland Vs England not on the list? That was one god awful game!

I think you're confusing "low scoring" with "awful". There were more mistakes than there would have been in ideal conditions, but other than that what we saw was two very good defences that performed at a level the attacks couldn't overcome. It was miles better than, say, the Wales-France match or the first half of Wales-Ireland, where both sides barely looked like they could be bothered.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 27 Feb 2013, 8:35 am

Orquera should win that award all by himself.

Imperial against France, all the co-ordination of a p!ssed ferret in a pillowcase against Scotland.
Stuart Hogg definitely owes him a Christmas card.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:01 am

Wales first half against Ireland, Wales showed how they could play, unfortunate not to win in the end.

Ireland v England borefest.

France v Wales = 2 teams desperate not to lose on a crap pitch. That said don't think any other nation would have beaten them.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:08 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:France v Wales = 2 teams desperate not to lose on a crap pitch. That said don't think any other nation would have beaten them.
Any side in the top 10 would have fancied their chances against both Wales and France (at the same time) on that showing. Awful.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:15 am

Unlike the try fest that Ireland and England served up Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:18 am

I thought the France-Wales game was somewhat tense.

I have seen some really tedious encounters between Scotland and England over the past few seasons, (excluding this one)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:20 am

The Ireland/England game was a blood and guts encounter, where both sides thundered into each other in poor conditions.

The France/Wales game was two sides poncing around looking clueless. A case of least worst winning.

Mike, completely agree about some of those previous Scotland/England games. Quite a few have been awful!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:21 am

RubyGuby wrote:Unlike the try fest that Ireland and England served up Yahoo

Thankfully I did not waste my time watching it all. Youtube the 'Yawning Man' from the movie Tom Thumb, I imagine most of the world felt like that, dreadful.

Let's see how your lot get on in Cardiff cyril, I still recall the faces from twickers last year a joy to see pretend knights with plastic swords trying to shrink into the shadows hahahaha
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 27 Feb 2013, 10:31 am

Having read about what happened in the commentary booth in Italy, I would like to recommend Andrew Cotter's bowels for this award.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Wed 27 Feb 2013, 10:34 am

France v Wales by a country mile. I have never seen such an inept performance, PSA should hang his head in shame.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:45 am

Poorfour wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Why is Ireland Vs England not on the list? That was one god awful game!

I think you're confusing "low scoring" with "awful". There were more mistakes than there would have been in ideal conditions, but other than that what we saw was two very good defences that performed at a level the attacks couldn't overcome. It was miles better than, say, the Wales-France match or the first half of Wales-Ireland, where both sides barely looked like they could be bothered.

picard

How the hell do these English minds function? I'm going to put it down do logical thinking and reasoning being blinded by shear arrogance.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:05 pm

Poorfour wrote:

A team formed in the car park before the match after having a quick explanation of the rules of rugby would have beaten France on that day. Yet Wales took nearly 65 minutes to do it.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:07 pm

I think that's pretty much how this years Scarlets/Leicester game panned out. Well done with such short notice Scarlets academy boys.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:12 pm

Worst performance this year?

Roger's attempting a disguise Laugh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:27 pm

There have been some howlers this year, even if not the whole game, there have been some real bad performances with the whole tournament being about who makes the least errors instead of who played the best rugby.

At the end of 2013 6 Nations, I think we will all look back and agree that this wasn't the best show of NH rugby, and compared to previous years, say 2005, 2008 and even last year (2012), this years results are a little devalued.

Pity really for the team who will be crowned Champions at the end, as what have they really achieved.

Whistle ....... Run

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:32 pm

I think is an individual performance it is hard to ignore ROG's baffling decision to attempt that crossfield kick at Murrayfield...

has he announced his retirment yet?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:34 pm

I think he said "I'm retiring lads; feck it" just before he kicked that cross field ball thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 27 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

it cannot be argued though. Most of the dire rugby has involved Ireland!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 27 Feb 2013, 2:09 pm

tigertattie wrote:it cannot be argued though. Most of the dire rugby has involved Ireland!

In all fairness England have only scored 5 tries themselves to Irelands 4 and Scotland and Wales' 6.

Chris Ashton had scored 6 by himself after two matches in 2011.

Cant see how anyone could claim there is anything exciting about how England play at the moment. The formula they use is recycle, bash the centres up the middle, recycle, bash the centres up the middle, recycle, bash the centres up the middle, recycle, bash the centres up the middle, fish for penalties, convert penalty, repeat. Not exactly riveting viewing.

No surprise the dullest Ireland match was v England.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Wed 27 Feb 2013, 2:16 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
tigertattie wrote:it cannot be argued though. Most of the dire rugby has involved Ireland!

In all fairness England have only scored 5 tries themselves to Irelands 4 and Scotland and Wales' 6.

Cant see how anyone could claim there is anything exciting about how England play at the moment. The formula they use is recycle, bash the centres up the middle, recycle, bash the centres up the middle, recycle, bash the centres up the middle, recycle, bash the centres up the middle, fish for penalties, convert penalty, repeat. Not exactly riveting viewing.

No prizes for guessing who the most diabolical/boring/one-eyd/yawn poster is.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 27 Feb 2013, 2:29 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

You? Feel free to point out anything I have said that you dont agree with or isnt fact.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by doddieman Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:15 pm

Saint andre. Definitely worst performance in 6N so far. He's made howley look like a coaching genius.

doddieman

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:21 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

You? Feel free to point out anything I have said that you dont agree with or isnt fact.

Try counts have been pretty low all round, so no team really has anything to boast about. England have not played Italy at home yet, and I wouldnt be surprised if we scored about 4 tries in that match.

Ashton should probably be dropped, not as hungry as in seasons past. I believe 4 of those tries in 2011 were against Italy though, England were running training moves that day and Ashton was at the end of pretty much every play like a winger should be.

In the Ireland game the bosh up the middle tactic was the right idea, the weather was horrible! This was a day for the fewest amounts of passes possible and kicking for territory. Wont Deny England were not that pretty against France, but I think that has alot todo with France playing well and stopping England from playing so kicking your points is the right option really.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:31 pm

tomhughesnice wrote:

Try counts have been pretty low all round, so no team really has anything to boast about. England have not played Italy at home yet, and I wouldnt be surprised if we scored about 4 tries in that match.

Ashton should probably be dropped, not as hungry as in seasons past. I believe 4 of those tries in 2011 were against Italy though, England were running training moves that day and Ashton was at the end of pretty much every play like a winger should be.

In the Ireland game the bosh up the middle tactic was the right idea, the weather was horrible! This was a day for the fewest amounts of passes possible and kicking for territory. Wont Deny England were not that pretty against France, but I think that has alot todo with France playing well and stopping England from playing so kicking your points is the right option really.

Try counts have been low alright. Probably because this has been one of the most competitive 6Ns in a long time. Ireland are yet to play Italy too. Ireland have distroyed Italy 42 - 10 and 36 - 6 the last two times the two teams have met. So I would be disapointed if we didnt notch up a few scores.

Yes 4 of Ashtons tries were v Italy in twickers and two in the opening game v Wales. Didnt score in the tournament again after that.

I think England have been very consistent with their tactics all tournament.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:33 pm

I think when looking at the try count we should remember the conditions. In week 2 they were awful and last week they were hardly any better.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:43 pm

Has to be Ireland. 80% possession and scoring 8pts takes some beating...
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:47 pm

It's horses for courses. Eng ran a few in against the ABs (and SA tour). 6N games tend to be cagey, attritional stuff in the mud, and not usually an advert for fast flowing rugby.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 27 Feb 2013, 5:20 pm

Casartelli wrote:Wales first half against Ireland was the worst performance of ANY Six Nations, not just this year's.

Cas,

I know it was bad but I have seen some far worse performances on my many trips to Twickenham over the years
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Wed 27 Feb 2013, 7:35 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

So England are 3rd try scorers (a massive 1 behind Wales and Scotland, who have both played Italy) and yet we are boring? Jesus, talk about one eyed and stereotypes,especially considering that any team would have been hard pressed to score in Dublin when conditions were as they were. I also think that if you look at the last few games england have played in decent conditions we have played very nice attacking stuff (Scotland 18 offloads in one game is not boring and ABs). They play sensibly, if the conditions are good and they can better the opposition they go for it, if not, we control territory, force the other team into mistakes and capitalise on them. I'd suggest perhaps waiting till the end of the 6N before making any statements about how boring england are.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 27 Feb 2013, 7:57 pm

I am so sick of hearing responses to the slightest criticism over Englands performances so far as 'What about NZ'

Lets just take some criticism on the chin shall we, noones been particularly good, weathers been bad, noones looking exremely exciting lets not reference a one off AI game over and over like it was a RWC 2003 OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 27 Feb 2013, 7:58 pm

Have to agree with Blues, it's been a successful but flawed 6N, but hopefully the team will build through Italy and peak for Wales
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 27 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

Lets hope for a warmer, harder ground so we can end the tournament on a bang, regardless of who wins thumbsup

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:36 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:I am so sick of hearing responses to the slightest criticism over Englands performances so far as 'What about NZ'

Lets just take some criticism on the chin shall we, noones been particularly good, weathers been bad, noones looking exremely exciting lets not reference a one off AI game over and over like it was a RWC 2003 OK

There wouldn't have been an issue had the original post said that no-one has been particularly good and the weather hasn't been conducive to attacking run, thats all true. English fans take offence when our team is singled out as being the most boring of all, when that frankly isn't the case.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:56 am

Given the above comments about 'boring England', it may have escaped some people's attention that England are top points scorers; and have conceded the fewest points.

It's hardly England's fault if teams want to halt our momentum by giving away penalties. In the 6N we'll take the 3 points on offer. Thank you.

Whistle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum