The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semis are set and very mouth watering

+10
LuvSports!
hawkeye
invisiblecoolers
The Special Juan
lydian
Henman Bill
Chydremion
Danny_1982
User 774433
socal1976
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Semis are set and very mouth watering - Page 3 Empty Semis are set and very mouth watering

Post by socal1976 Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lets hope that the matches are a bit more interesting and close in the semis and finals as now the big boys play for all the chips. This is about the best we could hope for with the sole upset of Tsonga early on and no Murray or Nadal. But I think we are in for a treat. I think JMDP and Djoko final will be straight sets for Novak. As well as Juan has been playing Novak has been sensational so far this year and really back to the end of last year. He has now won his last 16 matches. I just think he will be too much for Juan, Novak can get and Del Po's second serve which isn't a poor second delivery when Novak isn't the one returning it. Additionally the superior variety, speed, and angles Novak can get will be too much for the big man. Right now no one can test your ability to cover the whole court like Djokovic and both defend you and make you work just as hard on the defensive end chasing his shots. Hopefully, Del Po makes it a tough 3 setter but I think he loses in two close sets.

Berdych and federer this is really a tough semi as well. I am going with Federer against Tomas. I think Berdy is good enough and will like the speed of the court but Roger is starting to get into the tournament and his shots are starting to flow. I don't see him losing before the final this week as well. His serve and knifing slice play really well on this court. Plus look out for windy conditions, then Roger would be a huge favorite because Berdy is just a very poor wind player. Roger in 3 sets.

Final Prediction: Novak beats Roger in straights in two close sets.

Lets have your picks!

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Semis are set and very mouth watering - Page 3 Empty Re: Semis are set and very mouth watering

Post by socal1976 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:44 pm

Damn arsenal and their crappy defense, no champions league this year. Will you start spending now Arsene?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Semis are set and very mouth watering - Page 3 Empty Re: Semis are set and very mouth watering

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Oh bliddy hell socal dont you start my husband is sitting here moaning his head off.. not another Arsenal supporter.,... I keep telling him change your team for JC´s sake

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Yes, can't help it haddie, wenger does just enough to field a very watchable team that as usual doesn't win anything. 8 years on the trot now and no chance for the champions league next season now as spurs will most likely go up 7 freaking points with not much left to play.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Exactly says my husband

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 pm

He's probably going to do/is doing/has done what Federer has done, albeit for a different reason, which is to get the serve bigger and better to shorten the points. Whatever he's done, that's a very scary result against Ferrer. However, the hard work starts next week...
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Their defence has such a ridiculously high line- nonsense tactics against the likes of Bale and Lennon Laugh

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 pm

The Special Juan wrote:He's probably going to do/is doing/has done what Federer has done, albeit for a different reason, which is to get the serve bigger and better to shorten the points. Whatever he's done, that's a very scary result against Ferrer. However, the hard work starts next week...

I havent had much chance to see Rafa in action in Acapulco but is he coming inside the court more that normal. I know it was a bit of a slugfest with Almagro but what about Ferrer ???

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:26 pm

change your team?!?!? picard

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:31 pm

LuvSports! wrote:change your team?!?!? picard

If you were living with it that is the least you would have said believe me !!!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm a leeds fan, believe me we've had it tough! EY UP PUB!
But no true fan would ever switch their allegiance to another, its criminal!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:06 pm

LuvSports! wrote:I'm a leeds fan, believe me we've had it tough! EY UP PUB!
But no true fan would ever switch their allegiance to another, its criminal!

Yes well I realise of course he wouldn´t having been a fan of Arsenal all his life but if I hear him shout at the tv one more time... and Im sure WENGER does have a father Whistle

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Dunblane U-16's? Very Happy
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3