The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Fraser

+6
yappysnap
pbuk0
RubyGuby
Geordie
LondonTiger
Ulster12
10 posters

Go down

Will Fraser Empty Will Fraser

Post by Ulster12 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

Anybody else rate this guy?

I think he's been outstanding for Sarries this season in some really tough high level games, i.e Munster and Racing in the HC.

Love that he's all action,tackling, carrying and being a nuisance over the ball, the way every good open side should play.

Do you think he will miss out on full England honours as he is a shorter more compact player as oppose to the taller lean athletes that Lancaster favours (Croft, Wood,Lawes,Launchbury.)

I know he has been called into the 6 Nations squad as injury cover but then when Lawes was moved to 6 with Morgans injury it showed that England like to play a certain way and maybe a breakaway compact 7 doesn't fit that mould and Fraser may suffer as a result!

Ulster12

Back to top Go down

Will Fraser Empty Re: Will Fraser

Post by LondonTiger Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:55 am

Fraser's biggest issue is to overcome the Sarries Sophomore Seven blues.

Before him Andy Saull and Dave Seymour were being pushed to be the next big thing for England - but both really struggled to make the expected progress in their second full season.

While Fraser appeared at times last year, this is really his first season as a regular starter. I am fascinated to see how ge goes next season.

also at 6ft2 and over 16st I would not describe him as being compact.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:57 am

I think hes a cracking player...

Him and Kvesic are going to keep Robshaw on his toes in that 7 spot for England.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 01 Mar 2013, 9:13 am

Will Fraser what? I don't understand the question Run Wales

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuk0 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 9:23 am

Back row for England is getting competitive with strength in depth,

8 - Morgan, Billy Vunipolo
7- Robshaw, Kvesic, Fraser,
6- Wood, Croft, Haskell.

Fraser looks a great prospect and would like to see him get his chance in Argentina in the summer..

pbuk0

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:05 am

But Lancs seem to really rate......Calum Clark...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:06 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:But Lancs seem to really rate......Calum Clark...

To be fair a lot of experts have rated his abilities. Out for the season anyway so we can ignore him for now.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:07 am

Clark is a very destructive player who has all the atributes to be a very good international player apart from the fact that he's had a frontal lobotomy thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:27 am

Oh he'#s destructive alright...in more ways than one....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuk0 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:33 am

pbuk0 wrote:Back row for England is getting competitive with strength in depth,

8 - Morgan, Billy Vunipolo
7- Robshaw, Kvesic, Fraser,
6- Wood, Croft, Haskell.

Fraser looks a great prospect and would like to see him get his chance in Argentina in the summer..

forgot about Calum Clark... potentially a very good player if he can sort out his anger issues...

pbuk0

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

And wait till you see our two flankers Wilson and Welch (so long as we get through the play offs) straight into the Saxons i would say Very Happy

And thats not mentioning....BIG JOE! Yahoo Laugh

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:04 am

Don't forget Wallace, Trayfoot and Clifford at Quins OK

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:11 am

LondonTiger wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:But Lancs seem to really rate......Calum Clark...

To be fair a lot of experts have rated his abilities. Out for the season anyway so we can ignore him for now.

I made the point of watching him when he was playing and still don't understand what it is they rate so highly!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by pbuk0 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:15 am

I think England have good options everywhere at the moment.. However there is a weakness in the EPS on the Wing.. We need to start putting proper wingers with Speed in the team ie Wade or May .. Ashton has shown he is currently not the answer and Brown is doing a good job out of position but he is a much better Full back..

pbuk0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:29 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:And wait till you see our two flankers Wilson and Welch (so long as we get through the play offs) straight into the Saxons i would say Very Happy

And thats not mentioning....BIG JOE! Yahoo Laugh

thumbsup

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:17 pm

Ulster12 I have to agree wholeheartedly. Fraser has been probably Saracens' best player this season. Started pretty much every game.

Bit of a struggle vs a very good Leicester backrow recently but really fought well in the 2nd half.

I think Fraser does have potential as long as he keeps up his good form.As Londontiger says - 2nd season syndrome is a danger.

It's great for him that he's made the Saracens 7 shirt his own but Burger when he's fit will be expected to challenge him.

Londontiger I think particularly Andy Saull has struggled because of unfortunate injuries which also don't help but also as his strengths don't really suit Saracens more combative style.

On the other hand Saull is on the bench this weekend and with a game more suited to his style expected I think he'll make an impact in the 2nd half.

It's interesting that players like Rory Clegg,Noah Cato,Alex Gray,Andy Saull etc who are ex U20s for one reason or another have not kicked on. So much potential.

I think certain players need to re-invent themselves. Perhaps Ashton for example has become too predictable.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 01 Mar 2013, 1:15 pm

yappysnap wrote:Don't forget Wallace, Trayfoot and Clifford at Quins OK

I love Wallace as a player. I think he's excellent. My 3 backrow players for the future would be Kvesic, Fraser, and Wallace.

Heard Trayfoot had a good game recnetly...last weekend maybe?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Mar 2013, 1:22 pm

pbuk0 wrote:I think England have good options everywhere at the moment.. However there is a weakness in the EPS on the Wing.. We need to start putting proper wingers with Speed in the team ie Wade or May .. Ashton has shown he is currently not the answer and Brown is doing a good job out of position but he is a much better Full back..

Again...have no fear, us northern monkeys will sort that out aswell...young Zach Kibirige is scarily quick and very confident for someone just turned 18....and we'll also get Noah Cato back on the tracks again....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:03 pm

I think Fraser will be an England international in the summer. He'll have deserves it too. Worked hard to get his chances and then took them. Hard working and a well rounded flanker. He should do well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulster12 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:18 pm

Kvesic is another outstanding 7. Remember watching him against Stade Francais making good yards off a carry, on the next phase Worcester were stripped of the ball and a Stade player sprinting down the field only to have Kvesic work back with a cover tackle and get straight back onto his feet to work the jackle!!

Suppose Fraser has the advantage of playing in a winning team most weeks,but then again it's hard to stand out in a winning team so hard to tell whose nose is in front between the two at the moment!

Would be great to see a battle between him and Fraser, and also Wallace of Quins who has been outstanding when given a chance.All powerful 7s with strong ball carrying and work rate,who would relish playing in a back row with workhorses like Robshaw and Wood or a big ball carrier like Morgan.

Look forward to seeing some of these young back rowers on England's summer tour when surely Robshaw and Wood will be on Lions duty!Really rate George Kruis and Tom Savage of Gloucester as future second rowers too.

Ulster12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down