The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novak shows off dance moves with the belly dancer

+2
hawkeye
socal1976
6 posters

Go down

Novak shows off dance moves with the belly dancer Empty Novak shows off dance moves with the belly dancer

Post by socal1976 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:14 pm

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2013-03-02/11719.php

Pretty funny stuff, don't quit your day job Novak there is very little chance of you appearing in any music videos a la Shakira.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Novak shows off dance moves with the belly dancer Empty Re: Novak shows off dance moves with the belly dancer

Post by hawkeye Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:22 pm

Novak is so desperate for recognition and appreciation. I hope he hasn't been tempted to have a peak at Acapulco. He would turn green with envy at the crazy reception that Rafa is receiving down there. Maybe Novak should sign up for next year?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Novak shows off dance moves with the belly dancer Empty Re: Novak shows off dance moves with the belly dancer

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:31 pm

He handled that pretty well. What else can you do when you're in the public eye and a belly dancer comes up to you in the middle of dinner with the cameras rolling.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:He handled that pretty well. What else can you do when you're in the public eye and a belly dancer comes up to you in the middle of dinner with the cameras rolling.
Yes, when that happens to me, I find it's usually easier to play along. Wink

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

Yeah, sorry about that HM, next time I'll belly dance at another table.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:20 pm

Desperate for recognition? Just looks like a young bloke having fun to me.

Fair play to him, he seems one of the most fun and socially outgoing top players male tennis had had for a long time. I wouldn't advise that he quits the day job either, but he has more rythem than me to be fair.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Yeah, sorry about that HM, next time I'll belly dance at another table.
No apology necessary, I like to see a waiter earn their tip!

Although maybe next time don't do it when you're carrying my soup.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 1:35 am

hawkeye wrote:Novak is so desperate for recognition and appreciation. I hope he hasn't been tempted to have a peak at Acapulco. He would turn green with envy at the crazy reception that Rafa is receiving down there. Maybe Novak should sign up for next year?

What are you talking about he was having a meal at the player's party and the dancer came up to him and he did what any good sport would do and had a little fun with the dancer. I like the fact that he seems accessible to the media and fans. Must you continue with this silly idea that there is something innately more charismatic about Roger and Rafa than other human beings. If those two players didn't have 29 slams between there would be nothing charismatic about either of them.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 1:40 am

Danny_1982 wrote:Desperate for recognition? Just looks like a young bloke having fun to me.

Fair play to him, he seems one of the most fun and socially outgoing top players male tennis had had for a long time. I wouldn't advise that he quits the day job either, but he has more rythem than me to be fair.

You need a little wiggle and to be fair Djoko actually did do a fair job of mimicking that dancer she was impressed and trying to teach him the shoulder shake. I know that for me the shoulder shimmy like that is actually a tough move in middle eastern dancing that is tough to master and Novak did a good job of pulling it off first time.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Sun 03 Mar 2013, 7:15 am

hawkeye wrote:Novak is so desperate for recognition and appreciation. I hope he hasn't been tempted to have a peak at Acapulco. He would turn green with envy at the crazy reception that Rafa is receiving down there. Maybe Novak should sign up for next year?
Yeah, Rafa would never dance in front of a crowd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYieZWky7TM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTT36a5Ya0I

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 03 Mar 2013, 9:47 am

socal1976 wrote:

What are you talking about he was having a meal at the player's party and the dancer came up to him and he did what any good sport would do and had a little fun with the dancer. I like the fact that he seems accessible to the media and fans. Must you continue with this silly idea that there is something innately more charismatic about Roger and Rafa than other human beings. If those two players didn't have 29 slams between there would be nothing charismatic about either of them.

I like the fact that Novak is accessible to the media and fans. I've often said it is a positive quality. Also he didn't do what everyone else would do in at the party. He was up for a bit of fun and loves having the spotlight on him. Novak started dancing at his chair as the dancer approached and was up quick as a flash to show everyone his dance skills. I'm not criticizing him as it's his personality to love that sort of thing. Not everyone does.

My thoughts are that he would just love the sort of reception that Rafa got in Acapulco compared to the reserved response of the crowd in Dubai. He should consider going there in the future. The winner even gets to wear a hat. Ha ha! I can almost see Novak with the sombrero.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66171000/jpg/_66171910_tennisrafaelnadalgetty3.jpg

Judging by the score last night though he might be better waiting for a year that Rafa doesn't play if he wants to wear that hat...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 03 Mar 2013, 9:55 am

HM Murdoch wrote:
Yeah, Rafa would never dance in front of a crowd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYieZWky7TM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTT36a5Ya0I

Thank you for posting those links they made me smile. In the first Rafa was drunk... I hope someone made sure he got home safely. The second demonstrates Rafa and Novak's different personalities in respect to public dancing.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:46 am

I now understand why I love Rafa´s tennis.. cos as sure as God made little apples he can´t dance Rolling Eyes

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 03 Mar 2013, 1:35 pm

Well maybe a little bit as long as he's drunk...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=qtroAInG-1A&NR=1

Well Novak wins the award as the world's number 1 who feels most comfortable in drag. He could have been the serbian Johnny Carson, he missed his calling.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down