The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Roberts is not at his very best but juggling a medical degree and international rugby can't be easy...?

+26
t1000advancedprototype
doctor_grey
Looseheaded
nganboy
Imperialbigdave
RuggerBoy
A World Cup and 3 Finals
RubyGuby
Artful_Dodger
Big
Barney McGrew did it
UlstermaninGlasgow
Breadvan
lostinwales
LondonTiger
NeilyBroon
MacKnocked-on
GunsGerms
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Casartelli
100%beefy
fa0019
thebluesmancometh
BigTrevsbigmac
Biltong
maestegmafia
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jamie Roberts is not at his very best but juggling a medical degree and international rugby can't be easy...? - Page 2 Empty Jamie Roberts is not at his very best but juggling a medical degree and international rugby can't be easy...?

Post by maestegmafia Tue 05 Mar 2013, 7:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

From the BBC

Wales centre Jamie Roberts has embarked on "two weeks from hell" as the climax to the Six Nations coincides with the end of his medical degree.

While the rest of the Wales squad can concentrate on Saturday's visit to Scotland, Roberts must also prepare for an exam two days later.

"I had a big weekend in the library this weekend," revealed Roberts. "It's tough, I won't lie, it's very tough.
"It's very demanding mentally more than anything, but I'm managing."

Roberts has long juggled the demands of professional rugby with his studies and has taken up all the allotted seven years to complete his degree at Cardiff University.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Jamie Roberts is not at his very best but juggling a medical degree and international rugby can't be easy...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jamie Roberts is not at his very best but juggling a medical degree and international rugby can't be easy...?

Post by Cyril Thu 07 Mar 2013, 1:34 am

I'm not overly convinced about JPR's medical credentials given that he thought that sucking pennies would fool a breath test Shocked

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Jamie Roberts is not at his very best but juggling a medical degree and international rugby can't be easy...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jamie Roberts is not at his very best but juggling a medical degree and international rugby can't be easy...?

Post by lostinwales Thu 07 Mar 2013, 1:36 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:I'm not overly convinced about JPR's medical credentials given that he thought that sucking pennies would fool a breath test Shocked

Is/wasn't he an orthopedic surgeon? Isnt that like being a carpenter only all your work is hidden and also (if you are lucky) self correcting...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 1:36 am

After watching him lamp that springbok lock 40 years ago... if he says he's a doctor, he's a doctor!

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 1:38 am

He trained at St Mary's London (now imperial College).... I used to play against them when I was back in the UK and it I recall they had some stuff in their clubhouse about him etc.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:37 pm

fa0019 wrote:He trained at St Mary's London (now imperial College).... I used to play against them when I was back in the UK and it I recall they had some stuff in their clubhouse about him etc.

Yes St Mary's and London Welsh.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2