The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations Predictions for the weekend

+28
dogtooth
Totalflanker
Pal Joey
SecretFly
Effervescing Elephant
TJ1
kiakahaaotearoa
tomhughesnice
RubyGuby
R!skysports
red_stag
Scrumpy
bedfordwelsh
lostinwales
LondonTiger
Jimpy
Luckless Pedestrian
t1000advancedprototype
IanBru
Morgannwg
100%beefy
bsando
Biltong
Cyril
RuggerBoy
A World Cup and 3 Finals
majesticimperialman
Cardiff Taffy
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Six Nations Predictions for the weekend - Page 2 Empty Six Nations Predictions for the weekend

Post by Cardiff Taffy Tue 05 Mar 2013, 2:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Work is boring me so here's my predictions for the weekend of Saturday 9th March 2013:

Scotland 12
Wales 26

Ireland 22
France 21

England 47
Italy 9

Please feel free to guess...predict too...

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Predictions for the weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Six Nations Predictions for the weekend

Post by welshboii15 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 9:43 pm

. Wales 34 - Scotland 12
as strong as Scotland have been against Ireland and Italy, they showed that their same old Scotland at times in defence with marshell breaking the line on a few ocassions and I think Wales would have picked up on that and with a little more experience in JD and Roberts I think they will take their chances.

. England 30 - Italy 17
with captain fantastic back for Italy I think it will bring them the conference back that helped beat France but England are in fantastic form and will prove to have to much for Italy.

. Ireland 19 - France 9
I see this as a boring game with both teams lacking conference and playing below par but I just think Ireland will nick it

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Predictions for the weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Six Nations Predictions for the weekend

Post by Jimpy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:42 am

Ireland will 'nick it'?

By 10 points?

picard

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:53 am

Well its my prediction its not as if its impossible and its not like iv been outrageous and give a massive score and no reasons for it, I think my reasons are pretty solid due to the fact Ireland have the cutting edge just haven't been finishing the breaks off so I see conference being more in Irelands favour

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:55 am

Well, you can nick a match with a ten point win.

Imagine the following.

two minutes to go, the French ae on the attack, they are deep inside the Irish 22, the momentum is their's, Ireland has just given away 2 successive penalties, hey are on a warning, they may not infringe on the line.

Ireland is leading by 3, it is tense, Michalack snipes throuh a gap steps inside O'Driscoll, but loses the ball, Cian Healy picks up, passes wide and O'Driscoll scores on the other side of the pitch, conversion is over and Ireland wins by 10.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:57 am

welshboii15 wrote:Well its my prediction its not as if its impossible and its not like iv been outrageous and give a massive score and no reasons for it, I think my reasons are pretty solid due to the fact Ireland have the cutting edge just haven't been finishing the breaks off so I see conference being more in Irelands favour
[code]

Fair enough. However Ireland are disjointed and ravaged by injury (I hear even Jackson is a doubt). France don't have any such worries really, as long as PSA doesn't make any daft substitutions again, I can't see Ireland getting anywhere near France tbh.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:01 am

Michalak starting picard
Ergo ireland by 10. Have a nice weekend everybody, think will stay in the alpes a bit longer...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:03 am

Jimpy after reading so comments on other posts I think maybe your just not in the same rugby world as everyone else as biltong just explained it happens, im sure Wales did it to Scotland a couple years ago Wales were losing then they scored and then shane Williams scored again it happens.

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:06 am

welshboii15 wrote:Jimpy after reading so comments on other posts I think maybe your just not in the same rugby world as everyone else as biltong just explained it happens, im sure Wales did it to Scotland a couple years ago Wales were losing then they scored and then shane Williams scored again it happens.

And after just reading your comment, i think maybe you can't read properly, as I was quite clearly agreeing with you?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:07 am

whocares wrote:Michalak starting picard

Really? What is PSA playing at?!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:10 am

That's my bad and I hold my hands up to it because I posted my post before I seen that reply and as im doing this on my phone I don't get the updates so Im sorry

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:11 am

welshboii15 wrote:That's my bad and I hold my hands up to it because I posted my post before I seen that reply and as im doing this on my phone I don't get the updates so Im sorry

You're most welcome.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:18 am

Interesting that a few Welsh fans think that Wales will beat Scotland (at Murrayfield) by more than England will beat Italy (at HQ).

Now I'm not saying you're completely loony. It's just interesting.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:33 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Interesting that a few Welsh fans think that Wales will beat Scotland (at Murrayfield) by more than England will beat Italy (at HQ).

I said deluded, but you do have to wonder.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:33 am

I am just amused with some people saying that Italy will score as many points vs England as Scotland did.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:34 am

Wishfull thinking?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:56 am

The headline is that PSA has picked Michalak, but looking at the full France XV gives a bit of a different picture:

15. Yoann Huget
14. Vincent Clerc
13. Florian Fritz
12. Wesley Fofana
11. Maxime Médard
10. Freddie Michalak
9. Morgan Parra
1. Thomas Domingo
2. Benjamin Kayser
3. Nicolas Mas
4. Christophe Samson
5. Yoann Maestri
6. Yannick Nyanga
7. Thierry Dusautoir
8. Louis Picamoles

Samson is perhaps the only unknown quantity is a very strong pack, and while Michalak can be flaky with Parra at SH he has someone else who can call the shots and take some of the pressure off him. In the rest of the backs Huget has looked vulnerable but the rest of the backline looks pretty dangerous.

France have yet to put together an 80 minute performance (and probably can't manage more than a 60 minute one), but they came close against England. The bench looks pretty inexperienced, but does include Trinh-Duc and Basteraud - each of whom could change the tenor of the game but in very different directions.

I think Ireland will need to copy England's strategy to win: absorb the pressure for 50-60 minutes, and hope to be able to open the game up in the last 20. Given their injury worries - especially at FH - that could be tricky.

I am guessing it won't be a flowing game, but it will be an intriguing battle. If Ireland are in touch at half time, I expect them to win by less than 7.

I was hoping that England - now 4 points clear of the other 6N teams in the IRB rankings - might be able to overhaul Australia by the end of the competition if Wales recorded a big win at Murrayfield and England then beat them in Cardiff (having beaten Italy by any means necessary. They could win by 50 points and it wouldn't get them any ranking points, so a low-scoring ugly win is fine).

However, even if Wales and England both win by 15 points or more, England can't quite garner enough points to overtake the Aussies. Which is fortunate, because I think Scotland may just have enough to win. Narrowly, and probably by kicking it rather than scoring tries. Scotland by 6.

England should beat Italy comfortably, even with Parisse back, but I doubt it will be a massacre as it looks like a new front row combo will be taking on the vastly experienced Italian pack. England by 15, but probably not much more.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:58 am

That certainly does give a different picture. With Parra bossing things from scrum half there's less pressure on Michalak.

I can get 33/1 on Italy winning at Twickenham. It's supremely unlikely to happen, but at those odds I might put a tenner on it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by IrnBroon Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:32 pm

Scotland 18 Wales 16
Ireland 15 France 24
England 29 Italy 9

IrnBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:34 pm

tomhughesnice wrote:Scotland 15 - 22 Wales
Ireland 22- 25 France
England 37 - 11 Italy

I see the results for this weekend being something like that. I would ideally like to see Wales beat Scotland by a much larger margin than England beat Italy.. So the grand slam decider on the final weekend is a winner takes all scenario, instead at the moment where England could play damage liability rugby and still win the championship on points difference.

Then it shall be so....who'd thunk it!

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:14 pm

100 per cent with my weekend's predictions. Yahoo

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:20 pm

Congrats Kia.... you always need a Kiwi when you want refinement of detail in rugby terms. Wink Look forward to putting lots of money on your predictions for next week.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:26 pm

I had £10 at 18/1 on Ireland v France ending in a draw. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:30 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:100 per cent with my weekend's predictions. Yahoo

Good work, perhaps you can share with us who will win the Championship this year then? Save us all a lot of trouble and heartache... Fingers Crossed

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerBoy Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:51 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Scotland Wales 19 13

Ireland France 13 12

Italy 35 England 19

You'll all laugh at those predictions but come Sunday you'll be going all medieval on me and thinking I know all your dark secrets. ghost

Oh, you mean 100% WRONG Kia. laughing

RuggerBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:54 pm

ah Rugger!..................... spoilsport.

We were keeping that secret and seeing how many people would actually go back and check out the sensational strike by Kia

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:03 pm

More like gutter ball Secret. Very Happy

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 11 Mar 2013, 11:01 pm

I predict a Riot thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:39 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Interesting that a few Welsh fans think that Wales will beat Scotland (at Murrayfield) by more than England will beat Italy (at HQ).

I said deluded, but you do have to wonder.

And Wales did just that.

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:44 pm

Nice one Cyril thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2