The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love Parisse in the springtime!

+20
overlordofthewest
Armchairexpert
Cardiff Dave
Hood83
Barney McGrew did it
Dubbelyew L Overate
red_stag
Knackeredknees
Comfort
beshocked
lostinwales
Bathman_in_London
Solid8
A World Cup and 3 Finals
BigTrevsbigmac
Cyril
GunsGerms
LondonTiger
Portnoy's Complaint
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I love Parisse in the springtime! - Page 2 Empty I love Parisse in the springtime!

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Good news that Segio alongside Healy has been de-listed from the especial top side naughty step.

No good winning a GS unless it's against a top fit and available side.

[ed] http://www.espnscrum.com/six-nations-2013/rugby/story/178252.html

Last edited by greytiger on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

I love Parisse in the springtime! - Page 2 Empty Re: I love Parisse in the springtime!

Post by GunsGerms Wed 06 Mar 2013, 5:19 pm

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:

Surely the only time that there are no upcoming games is when the player is retiring?

or at the end of the season for example.

There's no reference to upcoming games in the regulations, the relevant sub-clause is

"may defer the commencement of a suspension provided that the Player is not
scheduled to play (and will not be permitted to play) prior to the commencement
of the suspension"

Healy was scheduled to play though, thats the point.

There is another sub-clause dealing with the situation of a suspension running beyond the end of the current playing season.

The disciplinary panel is required to makes decisions based on a balance of probabilities - so, based on a balance of probabilities, they decided that Healy wasn't scheduled to play in the Leinster game. That seems to be to be correct, and I'm puzzled why the decision has been overturned.

No they are not required to make decisions on the balance of probabilities. What next? By that logic sure why not ban Dylan Hartley now because based on his record it is probable that he will do something worthy of a ban again.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

I love Parisse in the springtime! - Page 2 Empty Re: I love Parisse in the springtime!

Post by Hood83 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 5:22 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Barney McGrew did it wrote:I think the Healy fiasco has set an interesting precedent. Now that they are handing out 80 minute bans, could a transgressor appeal and just sit out a ten minute YC-type suspension? - say if he was a good christian or liked pets?

It doesnt set a precedent it just follows precedent which is why it is particularly odd that it has drawn so much attention.

It's not surprising if it draws attention to how ridiculous that precedent is. So i may think it a decision that had to be arrived out under current rules, but I may also think it absurd that Healy's punishment could be so lenient. It's done so fair enough, but don't expect to people to not question the whole episode, that's a perfectly reasonable position to take.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Wed 06 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

Surely the only time that there are no upcoming games is when the player is retiring?

or at the end of the season for example.

There's no reference to upcoming games in the regulations, the relevant sub-clause is

"may defer the commencement of a suspension provided that the Player is not
scheduled to play (and will not be permitted to play) prior to the commencement
of the suspension"

Healy was scheduled to play though, thats the point.

There is another sub-clause dealing with the situation of a suspension running beyond the end of the current playing season.

The disciplinary panel is required to makes decisions based on a balance of probabilities - so, based on a balance of probabilities, they decided that Healy wasn't scheduled to play in the Leinster game. That seems to be to be correct, and I'm puzzled why the decision has been overturned.

No they are not required to make decisions on the balance of probabilities. What next? By that logic sure why not ban Dylan Hartley now because based on his record it is probable that he will do something worthy of a ban again.

17.17.1 The standard of proof for all matters under this Regulation shall be on the balance of
probabilities.

The rest of your post is nonsense, too.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 06 Mar 2013, 6:38 pm

"The No.8 has now been charged with 'failing in his captain's duties' rather than 'insulting a referee.'" Headscratch

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:09 pm

greytiger wrote:Good news that Segio alongside Healy has been de-listed from the especial top side naughty step.

So when he scores the winning try against England you won't be up in arms arguing that he should have been banned in the first place? Whistle

I hope you realise that by this time Scotland will have smashed Wales and as a result the Welsh will realise that if they don't play one decent game they'll miss out on the Lions tour and they, in turn, will smash England who will be in disarray. Scotland will win in Paris with a last minute kick from Laidlaw in Paris thus crowning us champions of Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armchairexpert Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:14 pm

123456789 wrote:

I hope you realise that by this time Scotland will have smashed Wales and as a result the Welsh will realise that if they don't play one decent game they'll miss out on the Lions tour and they, in turn, will smash England who will be in disarray. Scotland will win in Paris with a last minute kick from Laidlaw in Paris thus crowning us champions of Europe.

Yes all of the above is possible...........

Armchairexpert

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:45 pm

123456789 wrote:
greytiger wrote:Good news that Segio alongside Healy has been de-listed from the especial top side naughty step.

So when he scores the winning try against England you won't be up in arms arguing that he should have been banned in the first place? Whistle

Carlsberg don't do rugby championships .....

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:57 pm

Wonder what Parisse would have said to complete tubes like Barnes or Clancy Shocked
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:12 pm

greytiger wrote:My guess that Parisse's presence would be about a ten point difference in the net match point score in Italy's favour.

So I'd predict only a 23 point win for England now.

Would have made the Italy v Wales game more interesting ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 06 Mar 2013, 9:19 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:"The No.8 has now been charged with 'failing in his captain's duties' rather than 'insulting a referee.'" Headscratch

Can anyone explain what this means?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Wed 06 Mar 2013, 9:21 pm

This is annoying. If he'd been playing against Wales the result might have been different.

After all, Wales beat France because France were asleep. They beat Italy because Parisse wasn't playing.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

just saying that I love the title of the thread. Genius!

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:44 am

What happened to your self imposed ban Portnoy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 08 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm

Risca Rev wrote:What happened to your self imposed ban Portnoy?

It got reduced on appeal as the actual result was not considered rational.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2