The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Kessler PPV - What a joke!!

+22
owen10ozzy
TopHat24/7
compelling and rich
davidemore
ShahenshahG
bellchees
Gee
eddyfightfan
Mr Bounce
slash912
rycoys
Strongback
Lance
sweet_pea
vulva equinox
milkyboy
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
Volcanicash
John Bloody Wayne
OasisBFC
TRUSSMAN66
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Froch v Kessler PPV - What a joke!! Empty Froch v Kessler PPV - What a joke!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:53 pm

We have two guys that aren't even in the Pound for pound list...Two guys that don't even dominate their division. Two guys that have been found out at the highest level.......and they are fighting on Pay per view...WTF Erm ..

Now I can understand Hatton-Mayweather being PPV and to a lesser extent Hatton - Pacman.........World's best..

But not a guy who has lost to the ordinary Kessler who lost to an old Calzaghe....both beaten by the governor....

Whoever wins is still number 2....

I wrote on another thread that you don't want Hearn to have a monopoly on British Boxing and this is one of the reasons why......He can take the p**s...........

£15 is nothing to me but I think I'll put it toward some supplements and see If I can get the 18inch arm I've always wanted!! Cool ..After all I've reached the seven year itch for the third time and want another affair....preferably with a Meg Ryan lookalike..

Froch isn't a PPV fighter and Kessler is a stand up European........PPV should be for the best!!.......Do Boxing and yourselves a favor by sticking two fingers up at this joke...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Froch v Kessler PPV - What a joke!! Empty Re: Froch v Kessler PPV - What a joke!!

Post by OasisBFC Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:03 pm

i hate the phrase 'found out at the highest level'.

they're 2 very good champions and have been operating at the highest level (beating other champions) for years. being beaten off a very special fighter in ward isnt being 'found out'.

and PPV isnt reserved for p4p fighters, its for the biggest fights. this is a big fight and i think we're expecting a war.

that said, it simply shouldnt be a PPV. no boxing should.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Froch v Kessler PPV - What a joke!! Empty Re: Froch v Kessler PPV - What a joke!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:18 pm

This is a big fight right....Both lost to ward ???.............

Ward and Dawson wasn't PPV...That was fought between two fighters who between them rated higher...

whoever wins isn't even going to be the man at their weight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:24 pm

Ward and Dawson have boring styles. Froch v Kessler is likely to be a war. I'd watch Frazier v Marciano a million time before tuning in for Whitaker v Mayweather, despite where the skill lies.

Why does losing to Ward make someone not worth watching?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm

Although I agree in principal it shouldn't, for the health of the sport, be on PPV.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:29 pm

Who said he wasn't worth watching?? Rolling Eyes

Box office should be for the best....

Pazienza-Haugen was always going to be a war..........But HBO weren't interested...

HBO were interested in Tyson, Chavez, Lewis, Holy, Hagler and the best...

Not a fight you should be paying extra for as it is second division.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:30 pm

I agree this shouldn't be ppv as any boxing match should be, but I did watch eddie hearn's interview saying ppv is the only way to generate the funds for this fight to happen, which I can see his point.

And also I think it needs reminding Froch v Kessler 1 was a ppv event, all be it on primetime with no advertising whatsoever, round of applause to Mick hennessy there.

Froch v Kessler 2 whether it should be on ppv or not, is a big big fight no matter how you look at it!!

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:33 pm

Primetime argument doesn't hold water.........Once on primetime you don't pay extra...

You pay for SKY sports..you shouldn't have to pay extra....

For this anyway.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:35 pm

Ahh but you don't have to have sky sports to watch skyboxoffice events.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:38 pm

It's not about who's best but who can shift tickets. Ward cant

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:42 pm

It's about value for money..............Do I want to see a close race or do I want to pay and see Usain Bolt and Mo Farrah.....the best.

Pay per view should feature the best.....

But you're entitled to disagree always interested in different opinions..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:51 pm

TRUSS is right. If we have to cough up good money to watch PPV then you would expect quality.

If we allow Matchroom and the like to put potentially great fights on PPV then we sacrifice quality.

Froch v Kessler is riding the hype from the 1st fight. It does not merit PPV status but I will still pay for it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:53 pm

Us Roxbury boys should stick together............ thumbsup

After Lescargo you're my favorite poster!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:06 pm

I don't like PPV. But in boxing it's not the best who sell or make money. It's who sells and puts bums on seat. Ward doesn't. Bradley doesn't. Alvarez does. Froch does in the UK.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

£15 is nothing to me but I think I'll put it toward some supplements and see If I can get the 18inch arm I've always wanted..

Just need the supplements for one arm truss? The other gets plenty of exercise when you 're thinking of meg Ryan presumably?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by vulva equinox Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm

TRUSSMAN your being a bit of a fraggle as of late, just embrace this fight and buy it! I'm sure you will be able to afford some synthol after . Very Happy

vulva equinox

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm

No believe it or not.......I like to swap hands regularly 3 sets of 10........keep it anaerobic.....Being careful not to over train......the forearms.

Years ago when Rob was about 8 I left a DVD in the player.... and my darling Wife inadvertently put it on.....

I said Rob was starting early...but she didn't believe me.. Rolling Eyes

What is synthol??...I'm natural..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by vulva equinox Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No believe it or not.......I like to swap hands regularly 3 sets of 10........keep it anaerobic.....Being careful not to over train......the forearms.

Years ago when Rob was about 8 I left a DVD in the player.... and my darling Wife inadvertently put it on.....

I said Rob was starting early...but she didn't believe me.. Rolling Eyes

What is synthol??...I'm natural..

Laugh clap

vulva equinox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:10 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:This is a big fight right....Both lost to ward ???.............

Ward and Dawson wasn't PPV...That was fought between two fighters who between them rated higher...

whoever wins isn't even going to be the man at their weight..

u like lists so il do this in list form:

1. ward and dawson are both american, therefore sky had it on skysports, as there would be barely any ppv sales
2. ward and dawson couldnt draw flies to soft, stinking, moist pile of Poopie
3. froch is more exciting than most british boxers and going off the first fight, ppv worthy (although i think ppv should be kept scrapped)
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:10 am

its a good fight, but for me its not one im particularly looking forward to. two guys who have enormous respect for each other getting together for a 'war' to earn vast amounts of money doesnt really get my pulse racing. there will be no winner or loser, the amount of nuthugging they have given each other in the press has paved the way for both great warrriors to hold their heads high. neither will go on to be top man at the weight and neither will lose much ground with a defeat. plus their last fight was slow and largely uneventful. i would rather pay for hopkins cloud

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 10 Mar 2013, 1:05 am

Froch v Kessler is far from the worst PPV event Sky have put on.

How many of Warren's Sky bills didn't even have a proper world champion fighting on them.

Anyway it's been quite a few years since I've paid for PPV. I rarely stay up till 5am any more either unless its a biggy.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:40 pm

it does nt matter how good they are or what they have done before , its all about money , sky asked the question will people pay for it and the awnser is a big yes ! haye v audley was a mismatch but people would pay to see it !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 1:29 pm

Honestly can't see the issue here at all. Froch is the far and away number 2 in the division behind a top, top P4P fighter in Ward. Arguably the best active British fighter trying to avenge a loss and set up a rematch with Ward (a fight he'll likely lose but that's another story). It's good business sense and it'll be a good fight. The argument here isn't 'should boxing be on PPV?', it's 'should Froch Kessler II be on PPV?' and the answer is yes.

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:02 pm

We watch a fight for entertainment - to see who is the best and to see how much punishment two guys can dish out and take.

These two dish out a take like few others. Whilst it may not be ABSOLUTE top drawer, it is pretty near the top of the list and is a fight most fans want to see. I don't agree with PPV at all, but if it is the only way to see such a fight then so be it. Let's enjoy the pair of them going at it like a pair of stags again.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:05 pm

i actually think this is an important fight for carls legacy. a loss to ward can be understood, but losing 2-0 against kessler will not sit well when ranking him against the other past greats from the division

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:24 pm

Supply and demand Trussman is a relatively straight forward concept.

Sky are now picking and choosing their PPV fights, hence why the likes of Khan have to go elsewhere as they're not a big enough draw to bring the £ in that Sky require to make the event worthwhile.

Froch vs Kessler was a war first time round and correct me if I'm wrong but the venue itself sold out in minutes? The demand and clamour for watching this fight is there, as opposed to watching Ward vs Dawson stink the place out and who can barely fill a local leisure centre.

Will happily being paying for a fight due to:

The 2 fighters in question being in the top 3 of a stacked division
The 2 fighters known for liking to go to war
The 2 fighters having put on a great fight first time out

Reason enough for myself and most others. We've seen much worse on PPV i.e. Haye vs Harrison, RJJ vs bum of the month and so forth.

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:35 pm

Well said Gee. I'll stream it for those reasons.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:48 pm

slash912 wrote:Honestly can't see the issue here at all. Froch is the far and away number 2 in the division behind a top, top P4P fighter in Ward. Arguably the best active British fighter trying to avenge a loss and set up a rematch with Ward (a fight he'll likely lose but that's another story). It's good business sense and it'll be a good fight. The argument here isn't 'should boxing be on PPV?', it's 'should Froch Kessler II be on PPV?' and the answer is yes.

I don't know how you've come to the conclusion that Froch is far and away the number 2 in the division, I think your overlooking the guy he's fighting who already beat him once. Kessler may not have been the most active but since the Froch fight he's had 3 fights all wins by KO against OK opposition, nothing special though. Froch has an excellent win against Bute and some solid wins over Johnson, Abraham and Mack but that not enough to overtake Kessler who beat him by a close but comfortable decision for my money.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:12 pm

Fair point bellchees, perhaps far and away was an overstatement, but I think after the Bute win he's skipped Kessler and is the consensus divisional number 2 at the moment, with the upcoming Kessler rematch hopefully he'll solidify his claim to the number 2 spot.

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:15 pm

I remember feeling at the time that Froch threw the Kessler fight away through inactivity in the ring, felt he got it wrong tactically. Obviously doesn't change the result!

Would also point out that he seems to be the betting favourite for the rematch, perhaps an indicator that he's seen as the better fighter at this stage.

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:18 pm

Kess to win easier than before. Probably score a kd also. Froch is often wide open.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:24 pm

I think Kesslers had it so going for Froch TKO

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:29 pm

A truly awful post. The worst I've seen from TRUSS sine the Hearns rehash shizzer from the old BBC days. Truly putrid this one.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:39 pm

Fools and their money are soon parted....

I'll ignore the idiot..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 11 Mar 2013, 8:38 am

im in Germany that weekend, i just hope they have it on somewhere

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:21 am

Hearn was doing PPV Boxing in the old 606 days..............on SKY...

Silly...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:08 pm

Didn't realise this was on PPV only Sad

First bad thing Hearn has done recently in my eyes......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:10 pm

If he gets a monopoly.........get used to it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:33 pm

davidemore wrote:A truly awful post. The worst I've seen from TRUSS sine the Hearns rehash shizzer from the old BBC days. Truly putrid this one.

you forgot to mention broner...go have a grown up boxing debate on wether canelo is rubbish or boner looks good in his pants at the bottom of the page where the rest of your topics are...

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:54 pm

Unfortunately PPV is just a sign of the times. Unlike the American's at least we don't have to fork out for PPV almost every time one of our top guys fight.

I don't think that Hearn will begin putting everyone on PPV just because he holds a monopoly on the sport in this country Truss.

I have followed the Hearns as a family for a number of years and the reason they have been successful is because they haven't forgotten who matters most in sports..the fans themselves. You only need to look at the work done in both Darts and Snooker to see how they are able to not just revitalise a sport but in many ways reinvent it.

Now of course there will be times that they will put a fight on PPV but as has already been mentioned this will only occur when it is truly required. Both Kessler and Froch will be wanting a big payday for this fight and in many ways rightly so...they are certainly two fighters who put everything on the line when they step into the ring. In order for them to get that pay day I think PPV is the only option.

But trust me when I tell you that Hearns will ensure that the card he puts on will provide plenty of value for money...nor will you see events unfold like on Warren's cards whereby he announces a 'bumper card' for it to only complete unravel or change in the week leading up to the bout ala Haye v Chisora!!

With his ever increasing stable I expect a card which will provide more than enough value for £15...

Froch v Kessler (Obviously) then your looking at probably having the following on it also...

George Groves
Kal Yafai
John Ryder
Tom Stalker
Callum Smith
Grzegorz Proksa

It could very easily and I think most likely will feature one of the following as well:

Darren Barker/Carl Frampton/Ricky Burns

I say this as I don't think Burns will get his match with Vazquez/Broner until September time and he will want to stay busy and likewise Frampton has said he wouldn't be ready for beginning of May but by June he could be (given 25th May is one week before June it is certainly plausible)

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 11 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

Would love to see Barker-Proksa on the card.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 11 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

Yeah I was reading this yesterday and was thinking wow this is a good idea, cn Richard Schaeffer for once in his life be talking some sense.

And then I saw the winner has to face Khan!!!

Always about the money with Schaeffer.

Khan brings the money yes, but how is he deserving of the winner beating the likes of Diaz!

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 11 Mar 2013, 3:45 pm

Wrong thread!

Should be on the GBP tournament. Mods, how can I move this?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Mon 11 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-carl-froch-now-training-god-war--63251

I would happily pay if Froch rocked up looking like this. Would be amazing
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 11 Mar 2013, 5:17 pm

Most intelligent people realise it's PPV because it was a barnstormer last time. picard

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 5:42 pm

So every fight that is a barnstormer goes on PPV for the rematch!! picard

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:14 pm

To be fair though Trussman they're not ordinary fighters, they may not be the best but they are world class and very well known by now. I don't think it's a stretch to put them on PPV given the amount of tosh that gets put there now. Come to think of it, probably one of the better PPV events of recent times

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 11 Mar 2013, 7:24 pm

i never thought the first one was that great of a fight. much preferred frochs fights with pascal, taylor and abraham to be honest

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next