The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It went like a tracer Bullet

3 posters

Go down

It went like a tracer Bullet Empty It went like a tracer Bullet

Post by kingraf Sat 09 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm

A few days ago, I was at SuperSport park watching the domestic t20. Albie Morkel stepped in to bat, and within two overs I was reminded of how special you have to be to be a cricketer.

He hit about 4-5 sixes in his innings, two of them were in my vicinity. The first one I didnt have time to even get up to try and catch it and it was already over the VIP suites. But the second was about two metres away from me, and I (along with the entire crowd) misjudged it. I moved forward, but the ball kept going. I have been to hundreds of cricket games. But the fact that I havent played since last year owing to a partial ACL tear means my eye couldnt pick it up as it normally would.

This Wednesday I gained a new appreciation of the terms "It stayed
hit". and "It kept on travelling"

Albie Morkel is a seriously powerful man. Ever leave a cricket game with a similar epiphany about the game?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

It went like a tracer Bullet Empty Re: It went like a tracer Bullet

Post by Stella Mon 11 Mar 2013, 8:27 am

Seeing how quick the bowlers are bowling, especially if sat, side to the wicket, confirms to me how good these guys are.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:05 am

I'd second that from Stella. Watching Fidel Edwards bowl from side on during the summer, with some deliveries clocked at 95mph. You can't really even see the ball so you have to admire batsmen not only able to pick it up but also to play the appropriate shot with control. It looks almost easy when watched from behind the bowler on TV.

Also in the same match I was under a steepling crowd "catch" as Pollard smashed a massive 6 into the stands. It seemed to be up there for an age and changed direction a few times, eventually landing 2 rows behind me. So judging those steeplers is again not as easy as it is made to look!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:31 pm

Even watching the players warm up, and do their pre-game routines, makes you appreciate how good these pro's are.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum