The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streaky Discussion

+5
nasisillmatic
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
Dr Gregory House MD
Looseheaded
9 posters

Go down

Streaky Discussion Empty Streaky Discussion

Post by Looseheaded Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 am

Simple question.

If, at some point in the future or in the past 20 odd years, Taker was to lose at WM, who would you prefer/think deserved to take the victory? Can be one of his actual opponents, a completely differetn wrestler from the past, or a current superstar.

I don't have much knowledge of The Streak mainly due to age and recent re-engagement with rasslin, so don't consider my opinion valid in this.

However, but Maven vs Taker in a Popcorn machine revenge match would be a great ending to his career...

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Streaky Discussion Empty Re: Streaky Discussion

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:56 am

While I'm not saying it's what I want to happen, the stage was set for an Undertaker v Warrior match at 'Mania 8, if this match had gone ahead, it's doubtful we'd be at 20-0 right now

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Spot on, if Warrior didn't get suspended in 91 he'd have steam rolled The Undertaker at WrestleMania VII

I personally feel that if Taker lost so early we'd have seen far bigger WrestleMania matches, particularly in the first 15 years than we got

I'd think if the streak wasn't being protected, and it was alluded to since the Bundy feud, I think we might have got Austin vs Taker, Bret vs Taker, Rock vs Taker, Brock vs Taker, Shawn Michaels (prime) vs The Undertaker

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:15 pm

When is it thought that The Streak started as a concept, not just the marketable Wrestlemania notion but just as much as them not wanting him to lose at Mania?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:When is it thought that The Streak started as a concept, not just the marketable Wrestlemania notion but just as much as them not wanting him to lose at Mania?

The first time it was mentioned was against Bundy at WM11. Undertaker himself first acknowledged it after beating Flair at WM18 when he went 10-0 i believe.

I agree with Kayfabe, if it was ended sooner, Undertaker would have had much bigger match ups in his prime.

I would've had Kane end it at WM14.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 pm

There was build up before the Flair match about Taker going 10-0 wasn't there?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 am

i can remember it being mentioned with Flair v undertaker, especially when arn anderson came in and hit the spinebuster.

I think when it became a big thing may have been when orton faced him at Wrestlemania 21. Thats when it became a on the card every year match

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:26 am

Another thing to note is this is the first time in 5 years nearly that he is defending his streak against a heel. The last 4 have been shared between Shawn Michaels and Triple H and have ususally been feuds built on respect etc. Will be interesting and refreshing to see CM Punk acting like he is better than The Undertaker and potentially doing dirty heel stuff in the build up and in the actual match.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:42 am

I think the Undertaker's Wrestlemania record was always mentioned during his matches as a kind of 'fun fact' and Taker himself acknowledged it after his match with Ric Flair at WM 18 when he went 10-0.

The first time I can remember his undefeated streak being used a build up to the match itself was Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 21.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:10 am

Interesting.

For who I think could realistically break it, Punk or Cena. And only if it was part of a Cena heel turn.

Punk is probably the one with most of the boxes ticked. Respected in the business and has respect for the business, less likely to run off for a media career, just below being an absolute long term giant of a star yet a worthy threat and one who would use taking The Streak to his advantage, not gonna crash out due to drug issues, still has a good few years in him.

Others would be Bryan but he lacks the star quality, could be interesting to see how Reigns and Ambrose evolve (cant see Rollins having as much potential to be super stars), Cody Rhodes has the history and some natural charisma but maybe not enough time to get big enough, Ziggler needs fine tuning and finally we could see where Ryback is taken to by WWE for whether he has the potential.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
I think the Undertaker's Wrestlemania record was always mentioned during his matches as a kind of 'fun fact' and Taker himself acknowledged it after his match with Ric Flair at WM 18 when he went 10-0.

The first time I can remember his undefeated streak being used a build up to the match itself was Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 21.

Again I know little but wasn't his match against HBK billed as a 'streak v career' kinda thing?

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Looseheaded wrote:Again I know little but wasn't his match against HBK billed as a 'streak v career' kinda thing?

Yeah their match at Wrestlemania 26 was 'Streak v Career'. The storyline was basically Shawn being desperate for a rematch from Wrestlemania 25 and the Undertaker refusing. Eventually he ended up costing Taker the World Heavyweight title, so the Undertaker said he'd face Shawn at Wrestlemania 26 but only if HBK put his career on the line.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down