The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If this thread gets over 100 views by 10pm Wales will win the tournament!

+3
thomh
Duty281
thebluesmancometh
7 posters

Go down

If this thread gets over 100 views by 10pm Wales will win the tournament! Empty If this thread gets over 100 views by 10pm Wales will win the tournament!

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:30 pm

People keep commenting that this forum has gone downhill, I never saw it myself until in recent weeks I have noticed that the only real popular threads are the pathetic ones, and a lot of truly interesting articles are just not visited or commented on.
For example;

Luckless Pedestrian creates an interesting article with substance entitled 'Former players and pundits' = 900 views

Brendan writes a very interesting peice about 'B 6 nations' = 0 comments

Coleman asks the perfectly valid and reasonable question 'Do the lions need an out and out 7?' = 168 views

Then cerial WUM merchants pop up and thousands or us flock to the petty bias threads...

AWCA3F's poor attempt at mocking the Millenium stadium crowd = near 700 views in a day or so.

1400 people check out t1000's thought provoker of 'Wales to crucify England'

and worst of all...

The most visited recent thread is the 'England to grand slam victory' WUMfest that started before the tournament.

I despair, and I would like all to know I will only be posting on certain threads, written by certain posters with an actual issue to discuss.

MOD's please delete as you feel appropriate!!!

EDIT - thread has been up for 10 minutes, first 5 entitled 'Whats up with you guys' = 18 views (5 at posting)
second 5 minutes entilted 'Wales to smash England all over the park = 32 views

NEARLY DOUBLE PEOPLE!!!

Last edited by thebluesmancometh on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

If this thread gets over 100 views by 10pm Wales will win the tournament! Empty Re: If this thread gets over 100 views by 10pm Wales will win the tournament!

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

I'll have you know sir, it's England to Grand Slam Glory. It's also not intended as a 'WUMfest', it's intended to celebrate what England do, not to wind other countries up.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

If this thread gets over 100 views by 10pm Wales will win the tournament! Empty Re: If this thread gets over 100 views by 10pm Wales will win the tournament!

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:45 pm

Intent is a funny word, the thread may be intended to celebrate a possible GS after round 3 or 4 maybe, but before the tournament even begins is sheer WUMery at it's worst.

And by adding your thread I didn't intend to insult you, it was merely a celebration of my views OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Intent is a funny word, the thread may be intended to celebrate a possible GS after round 3 or 4 maybe, but before the tournament even begins is sheer WUMery at it's worst.

And by adding your thread I didn't intend to insult you, it was merely a celebration of my views OK

Not at all, you have every right to state your opinion. Starting it before the tournament begins was a sign of my overeagerness, my haste, and my confidence.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:52 pm

I always thought that the England to Grand Slam Glory post was intended to be good humoured - playing up to the arrogant English cliche.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:54 pm

The Sun newspaper has a far wider circulation than the Independent. Beiber and Gaga are followed by more people on the Twitter than presidents and prime ministers.

Zadie Smith is outsold by EL James and One Direction outsell 'artists' that can sing and play instruments.

It's like there are a lot of stupid people out there. Who like stupid things.

Human nature.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:55 pm

Casartelli wrote:The Sun newspaper has a far wider circulation than the Independent. Beiber and Gaga are followed by more people on the Twitter than presidents and prime ministers.

Zadie Smith is outsold by EL James and One Direction outsell 'artists' that can sing and play instruments.

Human nature.

It is pretty depressing though!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm

Wouldn't Zadie Smith fall in the same category as one direction...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:00 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Casartelli wrote:The Sun newspaper has a far wider circulation than the Independent. Beiber and Gaga are followed by more people on the Twitter than presidents and prime ministers.

Human nature.

It is pretty depressing though!

Some days I don't even bother getting up.

We need more lists. Not enough on here these days. All time greats, players called Eric, best England-born team etc etc

Always good for lifting the mood.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:05 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Wouldn't Zadie Smith fall in the same category as one direction...?

You're thinking of Siouxsie Sioux. I think.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm

Siouxsie Sioux - No! That would be One Erection thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:43 pm

My articles get views because they're interesting topics.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:45 pm

Give me a Mars Bar before a Topic any day of the week thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down