The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Individual Performances

3 posters

Go down

Individual Performances Empty Individual Performances

Post by Looseheaded Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:27 pm

Just a quick train of thought surrounding which players have made significant impressions regarding their chances of B&I selection. Not so much a thread about who you'd pick or who should go, more on how where certain individuals now stand when compared with their chances pre-6N.

Best- For me was the frontrunner for the number 2, good work around the park, experienced, leadership ability, quick, smart(ish). However this has been an awful tournament for him, he's given away 4 pens this tournament and received a yellow card, significantly struggled with the lineout and has been part of an uninspiring Irish pack. He's now my third choice to go as hooker.

Hibbard- From absolutely no hope to my first choice, good work around the park for his size, strong and aggressive enough, but most importantly hitting his jumpers come throw in time. Gets on plane.

Hogg- Definitely deserves to tour, whereas previously he was borderline. Whether or not he starts depends more on tactics and the selected fly half, as Halfpenny's kicking could be invaluable.

Ashton- AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH i'd rather see Cueto on tour than that useless sack of *michael mcintyre*

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Individual Performances Empty Re: Individual Performances

Post by senghenydd1913 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

ashton ? no way for the Lions
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:53 pm

Looseheaded wrote:Just a quick train of thought surrounding which players have made significant impressions regarding their chances of B&I selection. Not so much a thread about who you'd pick or who should go, more on how where certain individuals now stand when compared with their chances pre-6N.

Best- For me was the frontrunner for the number 2, good work around the park, experienced, leadership ability, quick, smart(ish). However this has been an awful tournament for him, he's given away 4 pens this tournament and received a yellow card, significantly struggled with the lineout and has been part of an uninspiring Irish pack. He's now my third choice to go as hooker.

Hibbard- From absolutely no hope to my first choice, good work around the park for his size, strong and aggressive enough, but most importantly hitting his jumpers come throw in time. Gets on plane.

Hogg- Definitely deserves to tour, whereas previously he was borderline. Whether or not he starts depends more on tactics and the selected fly half, as Halfpenny's kicking could be invaluable.

Ashton- AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH i'd rather see Cueto on tour than that useless sack of *michael mcintyre*

Best still has to be first choice, I think Bests form hasnt been his best but hes still played well think its all to do with whatever is wrong within the Ireland camp. Watch him for Ulster for the rest of the season he'll step p before the seasons over

Hoggs still border line hes great attacking but against the Wallabies you need to be stronger in defence, Halfpenney, Kearney, Brown, Foden and Goode are all contenders it depends how Gatland sees his team playing

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down