The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal best

4 posters

Go down

Personal best Empty Personal best

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:58 pm

It's that time of year for me i start the diet on the weekend and follow a body building style of training through to September.
But i have really enjoyed this winter been eating like an animal and followed the West Side template religiously, even bought a spider bar,Cambered bar,SS bar and football bar so i can change it up every 3-4 weeks also bought chains which have made a huge difference.
Have a friend who has a glute ham raise which really works and done 100 non stop tricep push downs a day first 50 with blue band second 50 with green band.
How i used to be
15st-15.5st
Bench - 160kg
Squat- 190kg
DeadLift- 220kg
Military press -100kg

Me now
16.3st
Bench-180kg
Squat-230kg
Dead-230kg
Military press- 110kg
also tried shoulder seated press-120kg
Can also do four reps per an arm on the 50kg dumbell standing single arm press.

Massively pleased with my self, disappointed with the deadlift but to be fair i didn't involve it in my template.
Im no genetic freak and did this all raw i don't even bother with belts and wraps or grip aid, didn't take anything or even bother with creatine and powders.

I think if done correctly this is proof that the West Side way does work for naturals but you do have to eat loads of carbs and protein.
Can i also say iam knackered and i can't wait to come of the heavy lifting for the summer.

So i did it
Monday-Heavy Lower- compound move/switch it every 3-4 weeks i.e-<squats then good mornings then Box squats with chains or use different bars etc> with weak point training "hamstrings" followed by 3 add ons i.e.-<calves-back-bicep>

Tuesday-Heavy Upper - compound move/switch every 3-4 weeks i.e-<flat bench then board press then lock outs then bench with chains etc> weak point training "triceps" then a bit of shoulders,tire flip,sledge hammer work.

Thursday-speed lower-squat or box squat 60% max with bands 10x3, hamstring work

Friday-speed upper- bench with bands 60% max 10x5, 2 sets incline heavy dumbells 8-12 reps tricep work.

Weekend if i felt up to it i would do a volume bench or volume squat or sometimes both just pyramid up and finish on a 20 repper, with ab work.

Back to top Go down

Personal best Empty Re: Personal best

Post by incontinentia Wed 20 Mar 2013, 8:35 am

Good work guy thumbsup
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:29 am

Great stats.
A 180kg bench for a natural is very impressive.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:57 pm

Thanks guys Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 21 Mar 2013, 12:49 pm

Quite a disparity between you bench and military press. How are you going to bridge that?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 22 Mar 2013, 10:10 am

No way can a natural lift 4 plates a side and do a full rep....

Seen steroid spewing monsters struggle to get 3 plates a side up..........I've never done more than 3 plates and I've been very naughty......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No way can a natural lift 4 plates a side and do a full rep....

Seen steroid spewing monsters struggle to get 3 plates a side up..........I've never done more than 3 plates and I've been very naughty......

I've seen a few naturals bench +180kg before. Its rare but definately possible for someone who trains consistantly and has very good strength genetics.
I'm pretty sure that the top benchers in the world like Mandelson, Spoto and Henderson could have managed +200kg without drugs.

Obviously technique has to be mentioned. There's a huge difference between a 180kg bench performed under strict powerlifting regulations and a 180kg bench performed at the gym with the bar bouncing off the chest and a spotter pulling on it.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 6:40 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Quite a disparity between you bench and military press. How are you going to bridge that?
just do them more, focus on them, it's that simple. Mr consistent always gets there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 6:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No way can a natural lift 4 plates a side and do a full rep....

I have 18 years of training under the belt,which i think adds a lot, i hit 140kg bench in early 2007 then stuck dead at 3 rep max 140kg until summer 2008 then i started to educate myself on power lifting.
180kg bench is pretty average for a natural power lifter, i know three naturals who bench 180 and my close friend can bench 200kg he is natural but he does weigh in at 21st. Erm !

I suggest you focus on weak point training trussman if you want to increase your max, as they say a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

For example you could leg press a hell of a lot but probably struggle to squat half that, proof is your legs can handle the weight but back and ab strength is letting you down.
Same applies to bench triceps lats and delts will let you down before the pec will.

Don't be such a doubter because the one who always says "no you can't! never will!"

I crushed my PB on deads as well tonight seriously happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down