The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland's injury woes due to lack of muscle mass?

+19
geoff998rugby
thebluesmancometh
aucklandlaurie
Hood83
Feckless Rogue
pete (buachaill on eirne)
munkian
profitius
mckay1402
GoodinTightSpaces
Sin é
Hookisms and Hyperbole
GunsGerms
The Great Aukster
nlpnlp
Biltong
SecretFly
rodders
hugo124
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ireland's injury woes due to lack of muscle mass? - Page 3 Empty Ireland's injury woes due to lack of muscle mass?

Post by hugo124 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

We are not the biggest race of people in the world and I definitely think Irish players suffer a little if they aren't carrying that kilo or two of extra muscle. Some of the other international sides are just naturally bigger.
Look at the backlines of the other Six Nations teams – with the possible exception of Scotland, all the other sides have bigger backlines than us. I’ve always thought we need that bit of extra bulk.
I don’t know if this has been a factor in the spate of injuries but it should be examined when they sit down to work out if there’s more to them than just bad luck.
The IRFU’s game management programme has protected the players from having to play too many games so we have to look elsewhere for a possible reason. I just think that if the players had an extra few kilos of muscle mass, they would be able to protect themselves a bit better.
What I’m talking about here is the top level, the international players. I wouldn’t like to see young players thinking they have to put on loads of muscle as teenagers before their body is ready for it. But definitely at the professional level, I think we have suffered in this Six Nations because of a lack of size.
It might not be the main reason for all the injuries. They might all just be freak injuries, fellas getting caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. But at international level, you can’t be putting everything down to bad luck. You have to try and find out if there’s more to it than that.
vomit vomit vomit vomit angel

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Ireland's injury woes due to lack of muscle mass? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ireland's injury woes due to lack of muscle mass?

Post by dublin_dave Thu 21 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

haha

maroane fellaini bossing the lineout : )

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3