The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysian GP Thread Containing Practice/Qualifying/Race Spoilers

+22
lorus59
bogbrush
Critical_mass
User 774433
CaledonianCraig
Belgarion of Riva
bsando
nathan
harryspiv
AlciG
Good Golly I'm Olly
ShahenshahG
mystiroakey
beninho
sportform
SteveG
dyrewolfe
GSC
monty junior
McLaren
liverbnz
Fernando
26 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Malaysian GP Thread Containing Practice/Qualifying/Race Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Malaysian GP Thread Containing Practice/Qualifying/Race Spoilers

Post by Fernando Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Malaysian GP Thread Containing Practice/Qualifying/Race Spoilers - Page 2 Drs-malaysia-2013-778x886

Following Kimi Raikkonen’s victory at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, the 2013 Formula One championship fires up again this weekend as the series prepares for round two, the Malaysian Grand Prix.

And fiery is perhaps the appropriate adjective for this race. High temperatures are the order of the day at Sepang Circuit and this race is a true test of man and machine.

For the drivers there’s the struggle to cope with soaring in-car temperatures and the battle to stay hydrated throughout the 56-lap long race. For the machinery this weekend is about dealing with tough conditions for engines and tyres. The heat and Sepang’s abrasive track surface makes tyre wear a major consideration, while a number of high-speed corners places the tyres under severe lateral loads. Keeping rubber ‘alive’ here is a difficult task.

In terms of engines, the heat and the fact that a significant part of the lap here is run at full throttle means powerplants are heavily stressed. Maximising cooling is imperative and teams often open supplementary cooling vents in bodywork to facilitate this.

And then there’s the rain. Heavy downpours are a frequent occurrence and the possibility of torrential rain adds an extra air of unpredictability to the season’s second race.

The 2012 race was a case in point. The race started wet and as the rain intensified running was suspended on lap nine. When the action resumed it was Fernando Alonso who took the lead. In a dramatic final third, the Ferrari driver was chased to the chequered flag by Sergio Perez. The Mexican was unable to pass, but claimed his first podium finish with second place, ahead of Lewis Hamilton.

Punishing conditions, an exciting circuit layout and unpredictable weather conditions mean a grand prix at Sepang is rarely dull and this weekend should be no exception.
Malaysian Grand Prix Data

Circuit: Sepang
Length of lap: 5.543 km
Lap record: 1:34.223 (Juan-Pablo Montoya, Williams-BMW, 2004)
Total number of race laps: 56
Total race distance: 310.408km
Pitlane speed limits: 60km/h during practice and qualifying; 100km/h during race
DRS Zones: The DRS sectors will be between turns 15 and 1 (pit straight, as last year) and then between turns 14 and 15 (back straight). There will be a detection point for each DRS sector.

Malaysian Grand Prix Facts

This will be the 15th running of the Malaysian Grand Prix. The race made its Formula One calendar debut on October 17th, 1999.
In the first two years of its existence the race was staged at the end of the season. However, in 2001 it moved to March and had held an early-season slot ever since.
In the 14 events to date, the driver in pole position has gone on to win the race on seven occasions. The first winner from pole was Michael Schumacher in 2000 and the most recent Sebastian Vettel in 2011.
Last year’s winner Fernando Alonso started the race from eighth on the grid, the furthest back a winner has started in the history of the race. Kimi Raikkonen won the 2003 event from seventh position.
Ferrari is the most successful constructor at the Malaysian GP with six wins. Eddie Irvine won the inaugural event for the Scuderia, Michael Schumacher won the next three grands prix at Sepang, Raikkonen was victorious in 2008 and Alonso won last year.
Alonso has won the Malaysian Grand Prix with three different teams – Renault in 2005, McLaren in 2007 and Ferrari last year.
Of the drivers racing this weekend McLaren’s Jenson Button has the most Sepang starts. The Briton has raced 13 Malaysian Grands Prix and only missed out on the 1999 event as he was busy racing in F3 that year.
Sergio Perez’s second place last year for Sauber was the first time a Mexican driver had appeared on the podium since Pedro Rodriguez finished second in the 1971 Dutch Grand Prix for BRM – 19 years before Perez was born.
While this will be the first Malaysian Grand Prix for new boys Valtteri Bottas, Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton Giedo van der Garde and Esteban Gutierrez, only Bianchi has never appeared on the Sepang track before. Bottas made his Formula One weekend debut here last year in a Friday practice session for Williams. Sauber’s Gutierrez raced here for ART Lotus in GP2 last season, finishing seventh in the feature race and second in the sprint race. Caterham’s Van der Garde first raced here in GP2 Asia in 2009 with iSport and last year returned with Caterham Racing to finish fourth in the sprint race and Marussia’s Chilton finished third in last year’s GP2 feature race.
The 2012 GP was a good race for one of last year’s rookies. Toro Rosso’s Jean-Eric Vergne took his first Formula One championship points with an eighth-place finish.
This will be Fernando Alonso’s 200th grand prix. He made his debut at the 2001 Australian Grand Prix for Minardi and since then has scored 30 wins, 22 pole positions, 57 other podium finishes and, of course, two Formula One Drivers’ Championship titles, in 2005 and 2006, both for Renault.
Pirelli is bringing its Hard and Medium compounds to this race.

Source: RaceDepartment.com
Weather Forecast: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/1735161?day=2
All 3 days are Thundery Showers mixed in with heavy rain

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP Thread Containing Practice/Qualifying/Race Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysian GP Thread Containing Practice/Qualifying/Race Spoilers

Post by bsando Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:00 pm

I haven't seen the race, so please correct me if my comments are wrong, but I've read the articles...

What a glory hunting little w**ker Vettel is. How many times has Webber followed team orders and resisted the temptation to race his team mate? Sure, he's done so reluctantly at times, but he always obeys his team in the end when it gets a bit hairy. yet it sounds as if Vettel jut ignored everything the team told him. Not good for the teams morale.

I feel sorry for Webber, bad start in Melbourne (which despite his record of bad starts was not his fault) and now an early win stripped away from him in Malaysia due to his team mates greed. Well I hope Webber never obeys team orders again, why the hell should he if his team mates going to treat him and the team with so little respect!?

This is just what I've taken from the articles and interviews I've read, as I say, I have yet to see the race. Will watch highlights on BBC later today. God I hate Vettel though...

bsando

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP Thread Containing Practice/Qualifying/Race Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysian GP Thread Containing Practice/Qualifying/Race Spoilers

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Well Mercedes are Hamilton or bust this season then. Tad disappointing they have so little faith in Rosberg to contend that he can't race Hamilton for 3rd place in race 2.

Webber knows his place.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Shame about Nico, even Hamilton was disappointed with what Mercedes did. They were roughly 8 seconds off the pace. Nico would have closed it down to less than that, so that's a positive I guess

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:17 pm

wasn't the rosberg Hamilton issue that merc had told Hamilton to conserve his fuel so slow down. therefore not really fair to allow rosberg to breeze past a deliberately coasting car. no conspiracy at all. merc just wanted to guarantee points and be fair to the drivers.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:22 pm

The point with mercedes is that if Rosberg had passed Hamilon he would have been straight back on the fuel saving strategy and sitting about 1 second in front of hamilton. At which point Hamilton would look like he could pass rosberg.

So pretty easy to see that following that logic would have gone nowhere for mercedes.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Massa was nowhere today. maybe he only gets going if he can battle against Fernando. today it was on him to get Ferrari points. and he struggled.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:32 pm

bsando wrote:I haven't seen the race, so please correct me if my comments are wrong, but I've read the articles...

What a glory hunting little w**ker Vettel is. How many times has Webber followed team orders and resisted the temptation to race his team mate? Sure, he's done so reluctantly at times, but he always obeys his team in the end when it gets a bit hairy. yet it sounds as if Vettel jut ignored everything the team told him. Not good for the teams morale.

I feel sorry for Webber, bad start in Melbourne (which despite his record of bad starts was not his fault) and now an early win stripped away from him in Malaysia due to his team mates greed. Well I hope Webber never obeys team orders again, why the hell should he if his team mates going to treat him and the team with so little respect!?

Absolutely spot on. Vettel has won world titles in no small part thanks to Webber playing the team game and following orders even though it pained him to do it. Now when the boot is on the other foot Vettel totally disregards these same team orders so that he can get another win. Pathetic. If I were Webber I would now follow Vettel's immoral behaviour and win whenever he can regardless of team orders.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Webber should have taken up the offer from Ferrari.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:36 pm

From Vettels #2 to Alonsos #2.

Only difference is he might get a few throwaway wins in the RB.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:43 pm

GSC wrote:Some tough questions for Vettel to answer in private I suspect. Still thats the stubborness that sees him chasing a 3rd straight title.

He wants to win. Nothing wrong with that. He's the main man at Red Bull, why shouldn't he go for the win.

Ruthless it may be, but you gotta be ruthless to reach the top
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:44 pm

I'd have raced him and shoved my car up his arse

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:49 pm

At least Alonso and Webber get on though, they both have a lot of respect for each other.

Just seen brief BBC highlights. In post race interviews Vettel claims to have respect for Mark, yet halfway through the race he said on radio "He's too slow, tell him to get out the way!"

What the hell!?! That is so arrogant and really embarrassing for Mark who was probably just doing what he was told to do. Vettel seems to think he is the driver who should get priority every race, regardless of team strategy or race conditions etc. Needs to sort his attitude out.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Fernando wrote:I don't see why Mercedes bothered holding Rosberg up 3rd/4th is the same amount of points whichever way but it's clear who the favorite it in that team already looks like Hamilton finally has someone like Webber/Massa to stay out of his way and do as their told
What Brawn basically said was both cars were low on fuel and told both their drivers to drive to a specicified lap time. Hamilton did so but Nico didnt. As a result playing pass the parcel with 3rd spot between the two DRS zones wasnt going to help either car and as Hamilton was in 3rd place when entering into fuel saving mode (where he was for almost the entire race) Merc decided that they would stop the music with Hamilton holding the parcel. Of course it sounded like Nico may have had a bit more fuel but if the team felt it was their fault for underfueling Hamilton slightly then it was their way of holding their hands up. Probably the latter. Having said all that - do get the feeling that Nico has a better handle on car setup at the moment and always seems to have a couple of extra tenths in the bag but Hami has already twice pulled it out of the bag in Q3 and so will expect him to be up to speed in that Merc sooner rather than later.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:55 pm

[quote="bsando"]At least Alonso and Webber get on though, they both have a lot of respect for each other.

Just seen brief BBC highlights. In post race interviews Vettel claims to have respect for Mark, yet halfway through the race he said on radio "He's too slow, tell him to get out the way!"

What the hell!?! That is so arrogant and really embarrassing for Mark who was probably just doing what he was told to do. Vettel seems to think he is the driver who should get priority every race, regardless of team strategy or race conditions etc. Needs to sort his attitude out. [/quote

Why shouldn't he feel like that? Last time I checked he is the reigning World Champion, and the clear leader in that team. If that doesn't warrant priority I don't know what does
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Olly wrote:
GSC wrote:Some tough questions for Vettel to answer in private I suspect. Still thats the stubborness that sees him chasing a 3rd straight title.

He wants to win. Nothing wrong with that. He's the main man at Red Bull, why shouldn't he go for the win.

I agree being ruthless is important in sport at times. But Vettel wasn't ruthless in Malaysia, he was just cheap. In all team sports, even F1, you have to be a team player sometimes and recognise that being selfishly ruthless may not be the best option considering the circumstances. Sure, Vettel decided to pull a fast one on Mark who was not expecting a fight, and he is now several points better off. But going into the next few races, there is tension between the drivers and it will make life harder for everyone involved in the team and ultimately could effect results.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Olly wrote:

No, that's a load of crap.

Webber could have eased that race if he had wanted to, but RB told him to hold his position, and he only slowed down as he thought Vettel would obey team orders.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:58 pm

What a cheat Vettel is.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Webber should leave Red Bull, and join Ferrari at the end of the year.
Alonso-Webber would be a good team.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Olly wrote:

Why shouldn't he feel like that? Last time I checked he is the reigning World Champion, and the clear leader in that team. If that doesn't warrant priority I don't know what does

And how many times has Vettel taken advantage of team orders to win those titles? Many times is the answer but obviously team orders mean nothing to him if he isn't the benefactor. A very sad indictment on him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Red wrote:
Olly wrote:

No, that's a load of crap.

Webber could have eased that race if he had wanted to, but RB told him to hold his position, and he only slowed down as he thought Vettel would obey team orders.

+ 1 OK

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:03 pm

bsando wrote:At least Alonso and Webber get on though, they both have a lot of respect for each other.

What the hell!?! That is so arrogant and really embarrassing for Mark who was probably just doing what he was told to do. Vettel seems to think he is the driver who should get priority every race, regardless of team strategy or race conditions etc. Needs to sort his attitude out.

I think if I had been driving at 190 mph for a while, I'd hardly be at my most eloquent either.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:

And how many times has Vettel taken advantage of team orders to win those titles? Many times is the answer but obviously team orders mean nothing to him if he isn't the benefactor. A very sad indictment on him.

I'm not sure he really cares what people think of him. He's there to win, and he won, no matter what the cost.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Last year Vettel won the title by 3 points.

Every position counts, he might've been naughty in doing so, but thats the perks of being the #1 driver.

I daresay the reaction might be somewhat more muted if goldenboy Hamilton had done the same thing.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Vettel is a disgrace.

Webber would have won the race if he hadn't slowed down. What Vettel did was essentially cheating- it's not ruthless, he's just a cheat.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Olly wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:

I'm not sure he really cares what people think of him. He's there to win, and he won, no matter what the cost.

Fair enough but that is an attitude without morals considering the team orders have aided him to wins in the past that have helped him become champion. If I were Mark Webber now I'd be saying to Red Bull that team orders are now non-relevant to him as well.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Its cheating to overtake a slower driver now. Whether Webber would've been to ease to the end without a charging Vettel overtaking him is hypothetical.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:18 pm

Webber might kick up a fuss, but he knows his place ultimately.

Its funny seeing some hold Ferrari as a paragon of inter team battles.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Look GSC I am no lover of team orders but for Vettel to totally disregard them when he has wholly benefitted from them in the past do you not see just how wrong his actions wee today? Webber has swallowed the bitter pill before for the team and Vettel benefited but now it would seem that the same doesn't apply to Vettel.

In short team orders are part and parcel of the sport - that much is agreed. I don't like it but like it even less when team orders are not applied consistently.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:21 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:

Fair enough but that is an attitude without morals considering the team orders have aided him to wins in the past that have helped him become champion. If I were Mark Webber now I'd be saying to Red Bull that team orders are now non-relevant to him as well.

So would I if I was Webber.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:21 pm

GSC wrote:Its cheating to overtake a slower driver now. Whether Webber would've been to ease to the end without a charging Vettel overtaking him is hypothetical.
LOL.
Webber was quite a bit ahead, he would have cruised if had accelerated. Vettel took advantage of the fact Webber thought he would obey team orders, to steam past him when he was unaware.
Cheat with no morals clap

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Olly wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:

No, that helps no-one.
I think Webber should look to leave Red Bull, he'll do well at Ferrari.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:25 pm

GSC wrote:Its cheating to overtake a slower driver now. Whether Webber would've been to ease to the end without a charging Vettel overtaking him is hypothetical.

See thats the problem. Team orders probably ruined what could have been a really stunning finnish. Hamilton was low on fuel I believe, so Nico was frustrated that he couldn't race him, due to team orders he wasn't allowed to.

Webber said he was ready to push hard for the finish but was told to reduce speed and save the tyres and engine (which he did), due to team orders again.

If there were no team orders and Vettel won the race by racing his team mate who was also in racing mode, then that is a fair and just victory. But this season team orders are allowed and thus they should be followed. Believe me, I hate them, they ruin races in my opinion, like they did today. Let the drivers get on with it I say.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:45 pm

I've already said that vettel was naughty, but Webber knew when he signed on at RB, that when push came to shove, he was getting shoved. Vettel will get slapped down for it but they'll move on.

If I'm honest, this boards irrational hatred for Vettel is really dull. I knew when I logged on this morning exactly what this topic would entail. More than anything, this was a fresh excuse to take a pop at Vettel.

Though the accusation of Vettel as a cheat was a good one. I got a good chuckle out of that I admit.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:49 pm

The suggestion that being Alonsos #2 is any better was also good tbf.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:49 pm

I am not saying he is a cheat - just someone without any moral scruples obviously.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Its a multi million pound sport. It ain't gonna be fair at the top.

What are Webbers options? Stay as a clear #2 in the fastest car? Go and be a #2 in fast, but lesser car to a Hamilton, Alonso or Raikonnen? Go compete at an uncompetitive team?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Or stay at Red Bull and screw the team orders? Ok!
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:06 pm

The 3rd option at best then.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Whys it so hard to understand for some of you on here. BOTH RBR drivers were asked to bring the cars home in formation i.e. Mark 1st vettel 2nd. Webber turned his engine down and vettel didnt.. which lead to Vettel takin the lead.

This isnt cheating, but its a complete disregard for team orders and disrespect towards Webber and the team. If mark hadnt turned his engine down maybe vettel wouldnt have got passed.

Its early days in the season, there's plenty more opportunities to get points... today was needless. I can fully appreciate why Mark was annoyed and if the tables had been turned i dont doubt things would have been different.

As for the Mercs, Respect for Rosberg for not doing a Vettel.. again if both both drivers werent saving fuel, its no dead cert that Rosberg would have passed Lewis. Though, in the race, Rosberg does seem to have that little bit more time in his pocket, but its only Lewis's second race for the team and he's settling in well, i expect him to get better.

Excellent race though, shame its 3 weeks until China Sad

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Red wrote:
Olly wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:

No, that helps no-one.
I think Webber should look to leave Red Bull, he'll do well at Ferrari.
Yes, they love an obedient #2 who throws his qualifying performance in the bin by moving over obediently from the start.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:20 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I am not saying he is a cheat - just someone without any moral scruples obviously.
Oh really Craig, the guy is a winner. You want Marquis of Queensbury too?

As for morals, he won a race, he didn't hurt anyone / screw their wife / steal their stuff. It's just more of the same Vettel hating.

He's not called baby Scumi for nothing.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:20 pm

People keep saying that Webber wasn't expecting Vettel to race, but when Vettel was all over the back of him and side by side going round several corners, it sure looked like racing to me. Webber was fighting to stay ahead. Also, if Webber was fastest, why didn't he get the car "dialled- up" again to race Vettel back?

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:23 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:I'd have raced him and shoved my car up his arse
I guess that's just one of the countless reasons you're not an F1 driver.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Fernando wrote:I don't see why Mercedes bothered holding Rosberg up 3rd/4th is the same amount of points whichever way but it's clear who the favorite it in that team already looks like Hamilton finally has someone like Webber/Massa to stay out of his way and do as their told

Could be right but I suspect they felt it was fairer to keep Hamilton in front as he'd been the lead Merc for most of the race and was in front when they realised they needed to conserve fuel. I would hope it would have been the same had Rosberg been in front.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:29 pm

GSC wrote:Well Mercedes are Hamilton or bust this season then. Tad disappointing they have so little faith in Rosberg to contend that he can't race Hamilton for 3rd place in race 2.

Webber knows his place.

They were trying to save fuel - not race! It just so happened Hamilton was in the lead when the team gave the order to go into fuel-save mode.

If they'd been allowed to race its likely they'd have run out, or else not had enough for the post race fuel analysis.

It was a case of either let Hamilton have the podium or tell him to make way for Rosberg. Given that Hammy was leading going into the last stint, they probably felt it was fairer to let him keep his place.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:30 pm

team orders are fine. the teams compete for a title. just never seen anyone go against the team. did resta was not allowed to pass sutill in Melbourne. not a fuss made about that. vetell just seems like a Tinkywinky though

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:31 pm

beninho wrote:Massa was nowhere today. maybe he only gets going if he can battle against Fernando. today it was on him to get Ferrari points. and he struggled.

5th wasn't a bad result, considering his awful start. What about Fernando refusing to pit and eventually driving over his front wing?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Maybe Massa feels even worse than Webber? After, all, his place in the scheme of things is official. Bad start? More likely exactly as instructed.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:37 pm

bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I am not saying he is a cheat - just someone without any moral scruples obviously.
Oh really Craig, the guy is a winner. You want Marquis of Queensbury too?

As for morals, he won a race, he didn't hurt anyone / screw their wife / steal their stuff. It's just more of the same Vettel hating.

He's not called baby Scumi for nothing.

He won a race - correct. He won many races in the last few years with aid of team orders which no doubt was fine by him and his supporters which I wouldn't have a problem with. However, when he totally disregards the same team orders and kicks a team mate in the proverbial goolies who has helped him in the past I am sorry but however you want to look at it it is wrong.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Fernando ballsed it up big time. stupid decision to not pit. disappointed with Kimi nowhere to be seen. car seemed a real struggle and outlived by Grosjean. hooey it's just a blip.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next