The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasps takeover & possible new home!

+3
LondonTiger
formerly known as Sam
BigTrevsbigmac
7 posters

Go down

Wasps takeover & possible new home! Empty Wasps takeover & possible new home!

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 23 Mar 2013, 6:24 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9949475/Wasps-on-the-verge-of-takeover-by-Derek-Richardson-led-consortium-with-groundshare-with-Brentford-on-the-cards.html#disqus_thread

I hope it's accurate. This is great news for Wasps & going back to London & owning our own ground would be the wish of most Wasps fans. (Apologies to the many HW Wasps!).

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Wasps takeover & possible new home! Empty Re: Wasps takeover & possible new home!

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:00 am

Wasps are building a gooc team again. The legendary team fell apart because of a lack of investment this deal sounds like it will cement their long term future and allow the Pests to challenge again.

The move back to London is a must for them.as well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Wasps takeover & possible new home! Empty Re: Wasps takeover & possible new home!

Post by LondonTiger Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:51 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Wasps are building a gooc team again. The legendary team fell apart because of a lack of investment this deal sounds like it will cement their long term future and allow the Pests to challenge again.

The move back to London is a must for them.as well.

I think they just got old together. I have seen Wasps fans berate Hayes lack of investment since he bought the club in 2008, yet he has just written off £10m that was used to support losses of over £2m a year.

Wasps have always been hampered by not having their own ground

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 23 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

Not having their own ground and not producing the young replacements for the legends, both those wrongs are getting righted now though.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 23 Mar 2013, 11:17 am

Really pleased if this all comes off. Wasps have done a really good job of bringing through players and under Young seem to be trying to play a nice balanced game.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 23 Mar 2013, 11:23 am

I'm pleased for Wasps, it would be good to see them strong and competing at the highest levels again. I reckon they will need to double their current average crowd to make sure the place isn't soulless though.

At least with a 50% share in the stadium they won't have to pay rent to anyone and they can design the pitch to have deeper in goal areas than in other stadium shares.

Don't laugh at me if I'm being daft because I don't really know the geography of London, but Kew seems quite close to Twickenham, will Wasps and Quins be competing for the same fans?
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 23 Mar 2013, 11:52 am

First off, this is great for Wasps and great for the Premiership. London Wasps should be in London, where they came from.

Whether Quins and Wasps will compete for supporters is an interesting question. I know some mates in West London who wouldn't go up to the bushes to see Wasps, except maybe once or twice per season. They did go see Quins. But, I think the area can support two teams. They have very different identities. With proper Marketing both clubs can continue to grow.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down