The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Jones -- responds to Rowntree's scrum comments

+5
GloriousEmpire
maestegmafia
rainbow-warrior
welshboii15
Ospreydragon
9 posters

Go down

Adam Jones -- responds to Rowntree's scrum comments Empty Adam Jones -- responds to Rowntree's scrum comments

Post by Ospreydragon Sun 24 Mar - 0:44

"Feel free to ask me about the scrum comments made by Graham Rowntree and Scott Johnson," said Adam Jones, ..."

"As much as I appreciate that as a coach you have to back your boys I was surprised England came out and criticised the referee so much," Jones said, referring to the midweek barbs aimed by Rowntree and his England boss, Stuart Lancaster, at Steve Walsh's handling of the scrum and breakdown in Wales's 30-3 thrashing of their team in the Six Nations' Championship decider in Cardiff. "I was surprised [to hear it] from 'Wig' [Rowntree]. We've always got on – when we played against each other and when he was a coach with the 2009 Lions. It's frustrating when Wales have done well, but it's as if people don't want to see us do well and just want to think of any excuse."
"

For more and source:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/lions-tour-pack-mentality-shows-scrum-still-has-big-role-8547195.html

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Adam Jones -- responds to Rowntree's scrum comments Empty Re: Adam Jones -- responds to Rowntree's scrum comments

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar - 1:18

Good read. Won't alter people's opinion though.

Back to top Go down

Adam Jones -- responds to Rowntree's scrum comments Empty Re: Adam Jones -- responds to Rowntree's scrum comments

Post by welshboii15 Sun 24 Mar - 1:21

Nope because same Poopie always happens some one that is meant to be good gets stuffed at what they do and then they come out with excuses. So for me I take the words if the best tight head in the world over a has been prop

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 24 Mar - 2:50

Won't alter englands opinion, but who really cares, a thrashing is a thrashing and you have to try and save your dignity somehow I suppose.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 24 Mar - 8:27

Great article well spotted. Thanks.

Very strange all Rowntree could do was call Adam names rather than discuss the scrum/ref at the post match dinner

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 24 Mar - 10:11

Glad to see him voice his opinion and in such an amiable way. Lions captain? He'd get my vote, even as an Englishman.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 24 Mar - 10:17

maestegmafia wrote:Great article well spotted. Thanks.

Very strange all Rowntree could do was call Adam names rather than discuss the scrum/ref at the post match dinner

For context Jones says:

"Wig came over and called me a very rude name but it was all in good humour and we had a pint together,"

Were you there, were you present to know what they talked about while having a pint together? Or do you just want to put your own spin on it to make one party look worse?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 24 Mar - 10:18

GloriousEmpire wrote:Glad to see him voice his opinion and in such an amiable way. Lions captain? He'd get my vote, even as an Englishman.

Yeah right, about as English as New Zealand lamb

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 24 Mar - 10:50

LondonTiger wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:Glad to see him voice his opinion and in such an amiable way. Lions captain? He'd get my vote, even as an Englishman.

Yeah right, about as English as New Zealand lamb

I meant me Tiger! Not Jones. Of course Jones is Welsh as a spring lamb!

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Sun 24 Mar - 12:01

This just gives Wales extra firepower for twickenham next season. Not that they needed any anyway, they could have just reminisced about winning 30-3.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 24 Mar - 12:09

One thing I'd say to Adam. I'd ask him to reread this line of his:

Adam Jones: "It's frustrating when Wales have done well, but it's as if people don't want to see us do well and just want to think of any excuse."
Then I'd ask him to insert 'England' where he placed 'Wales'. What would he think then?

Yeah. He'd realise England know more about that feeling than he does. Indeed, the thought is a very 'English' one for any Welsh player to have. It's tough at the top and yes, Wales are probably realising that you're not universally worshipped when you get there.

But the 'Everybody Hates Us' is a line Adam would best leave to others. He's a nice guy and he doesn't need it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Sun 24 Mar - 12:19

I think that is a bad line by Adam but it don't matter if your at the top, middle or bottom as long as Wales England Scotland or Ireland what ever team wins or loses their always going feel like every one is against them because of the rivalry between the four nations

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Sun 24 Mar - 12:56

But the 'Everybody Hates Us' is a line Adam would best leave to others. He's a nice guy and he doesn't need it.

He does. It's been true for a number of years now, since 2008 I believe.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 24 Mar - 12:58

mikey_philVIII wrote:

He does. It's been true for a number of years now, since 2008 I believe.

Well, mikey...I'm coming around to the idea that you might have been partial to the line from birth. Wink I was talking about Adam.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 24 Mar - 13:00

Yeah wig needs to be careful. The Welsh didn't carp when we put over 60 points on them at HQ.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar - 13:19

SecretFly wrote:

One thing I'd say to Adam. I'd ask him to reread this line of his:

Adam Jones: "It's frustrating when Wales have done well, but it's as if people don't want to see us do well and just want to think of any excuse."
Then I'd ask him to insert 'England' where he placed 'Wales'. What would he think then?

Yeah. He'd realise England know more about that feeling than he does. Indeed, the thought is a very 'English' one for any Welsh player to have. It's tough at the top and yes, Wales are probably realising that you're not universally worshipped when you get there.

In fairness he was talking about Scotland too, as they accused us of cheating in the scrum as well. So, he should have said 'England and Scotland', but I guess it's easier to say 'people'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar - 13:54

Jones got the plaudits but it was Hibbard that made the difference to the welsh front row this 6N season. Marler coped perfectly well with Mas, Murray and Ross but somehow Jones is seen as better than that lot. The reality is that at Test level if there is a difference it is extremely marginal in terms of strength and technique.
Lancaster stuck to his guns rather than use an in form and fit Sheridan, who is about the same age as Jones. That will pay off in the long run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Sun 24 Mar - 14:06

"the best, and this is unanimous in rugby circles, is the shaggy haired Welshman"

(Greenwood's Lions team)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/picturegalleries/9948753/Will-Greenwoods-Lions-XV.html#?frame=2517819

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down