The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone own any interesting memorabilia?

+9
Looseheaded
thebluesmancometh
RuggerBoy
gowershowerpower
bsando
Norfolklass
BristolDave
RubyGuby
t1000advancedprototype
13 posters

Go down

Anyone own any interesting memorabilia?  Empty Anyone own any interesting memorabilia?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:26 am

A customer showed me yesterday the stuffed toy that was carried around on the famous 1974 lions tour. He bought it in an auction in Carmarthen surpringly cheap. It also came with a photo of Gareth Edwards and Phil Bennett holding it and was also signed by Phil Bennett.

Just wondering what you guys have?

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Anyone own any interesting memorabilia?  Empty Re: Anyone own any interesting memorabilia?

Post by RubyGuby Fri 29 Mar 2013, 2:16 pm

I have a copy of an old post from the previous 606 site with Hersh's name on it thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Anyone own any interesting memorabilia?  Empty Re: Anyone own any interesting memorabilia?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 29 Mar 2013, 2:36 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I have a copy of an old post from the previous 606 site with Hersh's name on it thumbsup

Framed in solid silver I hope?

He ain't even on BBC anymore.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 29 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

t1000 - this is actual a nice thread and I hope people pick up on it - I have some dinner menus for the meal after a few welsh games which I hold on to. My mate Dai Richards owns the main rugby memorabilia site, great stuff on there thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by BristolDave Fri 29 Mar 2013, 2:47 pm

Not really memorabilia but before the 2007 World Cup England released a book called year of the rose - it was all about England's World Cup winning year. Was a limited edition and signed by Woodward, jonno, dallagio and wilko. Cost a fortune.

BristolDave

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 29 Mar 2013, 2:55 pm

RubyGuby wrote:t1000 - this is actual a nice thread and I hope people pick up on it - I have some dinner menus for the meal after a few welsh games which I hold on to. My mate Dai Richards owns the main rugby memorabilia site, great stuff on there thumbsup

Hes a Neath boy isn't he?

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Fri 29 Mar 2013, 3:56 pm

My Granddad was a member of The Dowlais Male Voice Choir and sang at an event that honoured the 1974 Lions. He gave me, when I was a young girl, a dozen or so pictures that show him with the Lions greats, Edwards, Bennett, JPR, Irvine, Brown, Willie John and several autographs. These men were/are Gods in my eyes and I treasure these photographs. Last year I had the pictures enlarged and mounted for my granddad's 80th birthday party, the 25th Feb 2012 (Wales beat England at HQ!) The enlargement gives these photos a wonderful grainy black and white 70s grimness, think of the closing credits of The Sweeney.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:00 pm

I have lots of rugby tickets from games, including Scotland's wins over SA and Australia Smile Thats a about it though. My missus won a t-shirt signed by Emmit Skiilton (next big movie star from NZ) he probably supports all blacks... does that count?... err... Run

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:t1000 - this is actual a nice thread and I hope people pick up on it - I have some dinner menus for the meal after a few welsh games which I hold on to. My mate Dai Richards owns the main rugby memorabilia site, great stuff on there thumbsup

Hes a Neath boy isn't he?

Port Talbot originally thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:14 pm

i nearly snapped my banjo string absolutely smashing a bird that jerry collins also did. i have a slight scar....

but then again, we probably have all got a similar story as jerry got around quite a bit. so i hear.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerBoy Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:21 pm

My Grandfather promised to give me his program from the Wales vs New Zealand game of 1953 on the next occasion Wales beat the All Blacks - I'm still bloody waiting! Although Grancha is long gone, the program is still in the family with my ageing Auntie who, to be fair, has promised to give it to me if the condition is met. I'm not holding my breath I must admit. Sad

RuggerBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

gowershowerpower wrote:i nearly snapped my banjo string absolutely smashing a bird that jerry collins also did. i have a slight scar....

but then again, we probably have all got a similar story as jerry got around quite a bit. so i hear.

Is it possible to look like a bigger w*nker?

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

you tell me lass.....i'll try my damndest.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:00 pm

My little nephew has the best memorabelia, at 10 yrs old took him to the HC semi Blues V leicester, after the game players were signing autographs, there were a multitude of stars on and off the pitch, plus some very soon to be superstars too, I send him down to all the players, he queues, talks to a few then returns about 10 minutes later. I asked who he got to sign his Blues shirt, he replies with...

'The man said I could only have 1 player sign my shirt, so I got the guy with the best hair...'

Chris Poxy Czeckaj!!! What a Holly Wilaboobie!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:02 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:My little nephew has the best memorabelia, at 10 yrs old took him to the HC semi Blues V leicester, after the game players were signing autographs, there were a multitude of stars on and off the pitch, plus some very soon to be superstars too, I send him down to all the players, he queues, talks to a few then returns about 10 minutes later. I asked who he got to sign his Blues shirt, he replies with...

'The man said I could only have 1 player sign my shirt, so I got the guy with the best hair...'

Oh my goodness that's brilliant.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:20 pm

Looseheaded wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:My little nephew has the best memorabelia, at 10 yrs old took him to the HC semi Blues V leicester, after the game players were signing autographs, there were a multitude of stars on and off the pitch, plus some very soon to be superstars too, I send him down to all the players, he queues, talks to a few then returns about 10 minutes later. I asked who he got to sign his Blues shirt, he replies with...

Oh my goodness that's brilliant.

He also tried to convince me not to wash it when we got home as the guy was an 'international star'... Marker came straight off!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:24 pm

Czekaj would have had a nice career of it wasn't for that horrific leg snap.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:28 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:Czekaj would have had a nice career of it wasn't for that horrific leg snap.

He's had an amazing career despite the leg break, and not being very good to begin with. He was never quick, never agile, struggled to defend and shy'd away from contact turning his back and playing safe... then he broke his leg and every aspect of his game went down hill!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:29 pm

I bought one of the Richard Parks 737 challenge Dragons tops 2 years ago. Unfortunately it was Ben Castle's, who I wasn't a fan of at the time, but when he had his homecoming at the Senedd, I got Parks to sign the shirt too.

I also have three Wales training tops off Ryan Jones (2 green with 12 on the back and 1 blue with 6)

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:31 pm

Got a few of the annual CS v Glos remberance day games signed by both squads, including some legends of the game! One being me Yahoo

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:39 pm

I have a free promotional ball with the IRFU emblem on it inexplicably signed by Jiffy.

Something to do with my dad bumping into him at The Crown in Twickenham during a promotional day or something like that.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Fri 29 Mar 2013, 9:12 pm

Nothing interesting.

programmes and tickets from the RWC matches I've been to

some of those small Corinthian figurines of the All Blacks from the 90s (favs being Fitzy and M Jones).

Michael Jones's autograph

A few pins, including one from a Japan tour to the UK in the 70s

And a photo with SBW

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Bird Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:29 pm

I found a 2003 World Cup final programme in a charity shop. I've always wondered if the original owner was aware that he'd parted with it.

Jan Bird

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:18 pm

My Grandfather had some kind of Welsh team photo signed by all the greats from the 70's. My Nan mentioned it to me a while back and said I could have it.

Though the greatest piece of rugby memorobilia that I have if a VHS tape of the Crowning Years of Welsh rugby,

Every time I went to visit my grand parents he'd be watching it, sat on the sofa with a fag in his hand.
He died in 1993, and when he did the only thing I asked for was that Video tape, I treasure it.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down