The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Boxing Organisation - why is not considered one of the better boxing organisations?

5 posters

Go down

International Boxing Organisation - why is not considered one of the better boxing organisations? Empty International Boxing Organisation - why is not considered one of the better boxing organisations?

Post by Adam D Fri 29 Mar 2013, 3:28 pm

Honesty. Integrity. Trust.

From its inception, the IBO's mandate has been to bring these qualities to boxing. The record shows that we’ve been – and continue to be – successful. That's why world class talent like Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Klitschko, Ricky Hatton, Manny Pacquiao, and so many others have been proud to wear our belt. And that’s why the IBO's objective, comprehensive computerized rankings remain the most reliable and honest in the sport.

this is lifted directly from the IBO website.

With everyone complaining about which belt is the best and who should be the number 1 contender in each division,. why does the IBos computerized rankings not make this THE top belt?

Good to hear your thoughts.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

International Boxing Organisation - why is not considered one of the better boxing organisations? Empty Re: International Boxing Organisation - why is not considered one of the better boxing organisations?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Mar 2013, 3:50 pm

Probably because there are too many other belts and we don't need anymore..

and maybe because some of us aren't green enough to buy their b******t..

The IBF when they first started and no doubt the WBO shared their sentiments once upon a time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

International Boxing Organisation - why is not considered one of the better boxing organisations? Empty Re: International Boxing Organisation - why is not considered one of the better boxing organisations?

Post by azania Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:02 pm

The WBO has always been a mickey mouse organisation.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

wrote:As the most representative organization of Professional Boxing, where the right application of the fundamental principles of ethics, moral, loyalty, honesty and good faith can be found, considered as the main values, which orientates all legitimate activity of the Professional Boxing Worldwide.

This is essentially the same BS on the WBA website. However, I guess the point is whether the IBO ranking system is fair and objective. I have no idea, but I suspect Truss has it right; if they were big they would be just as crooked as the rest.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 29 Mar 2013, 8:03 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:
wrote:As the most representative organization of Professional Boxing, where the right application of the fundamental principles of ethics, moral, loyalty, honesty and good faith can be found, considered as the main values, which orientates all legitimate activity of the Professional Boxing Worldwide.

This is essentially the same BS on the WBA website. However, I guess the point is whether the IBO ranking system is fair and objective. I have no idea, but I suspect Truss has it right; if they were big they would be just as crooked as the rest.

Agree.

Sadly, in years to come they probably will be ranked as one of the main organisations. Hopefully not. We don't need another major sanctioning body.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down