The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions tickets!

+6
RubyGuby
chargedowntotheface
yappysnap
GloriousEmpire
BristolDave
thebluesmancometh
10 posters

Go down

Lions tickets! Empty Lions tickets!

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:55 pm

WOW the touts have done an incredible job and are earning a rather large fortune this time round!!

Only got around to booking my flights and didn't want to fork out for tickets before booking, the cheapest options online today for the tests are around £500 per ticket.. WTF!!!

I knew I'd have to over pay, but £500 for a $70 ticket is ridiculous, most of these tickets are offered as free postage from Australia too!!

Does nobody try to do anything about touts these days, or are the ARU just happy to have the tickets fly out the doors??!!?!?!?!

Oh PS I am still on the hunt for test tickets for the Melbourne and Sydney tests, have my Rebels, Tah's, Brumbies and Brisbane tickets sorted. Message me if you can help please

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Lions tickets! Empty Re: Lions tickets!

Post by BristolDave Tue 02 Apr 2013, 7:24 pm

Good luck with the tickets bluesman. Does seem like the touts are trying to make a killing this time.

In SA last time England rugby travel were doing test match tickets and entry to supporters village for £250 per test if memory serves. ( that also entitled you to 10 drinks as well.) although still expensive a bit cheaper. Might be worth seeing if any of the main tour companies are doing ticket only

BristolDave

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 02 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm

The last time I went to a gig, all tickets were sold as e-tickets only. You had to present the actual card you booked the ticket with at the gates along with a passport and proof of residence. It was not possible to buy more than 4 tickets per card and all guests had to be with the primary holder at the entrance with their passports (ok, or picture ID).

Since I'd had my card stolen along with my wallet, the replacement card didn't match and I had to join a mile long queue outside to go through retina scan and DNA sampling to prove I'd bought the tickets.

Ok the bit about the DNA sampling is an exaggeration. But my point is that the queue outside for re-validation WAS a mile long. Now either 50% of the punters had had their wallets pinched too, or they had some equally valid reason why they couldn't provide the same Visa, OR 50% of those there turned up with scalped tickets and spun a good yarn to get in.

My point is, that no matter how overly officious the ticketing scheme is, the touts will find a way around it and at the end of the day it's the genuine punter who wears the inconvenience.

I'm not saying we should give up, but whatever method is found to combat ticket touting needs to be a devious and cunning one indeed.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 02 Apr 2013, 7:45 pm

£500 is insane.

Go and have a chilled holiday in Oz on the beach. Watch the Tests on the tv while you're out there!!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by chargedowntotheface Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:00 am

Got my tickets for the Brumbies game, AU$90 for 2 tickets, 3 rows back from pitch. Cannot wait!

chargedowntotheface

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:21 am

chargedowntotheface wrote:Got my tickets for the Brumbies game, AU$90 for 2 tickets, 3 rows back from pitch. Cannot wait!

I got exactly the same thing mate, $90 the pair can't go wrong, but had to pay $140 for the Rebels tickets for some reason, maybe cos Canberra is nowheresville.

Still chasing Melbourne and Sydney test tickets, but refusing to pay £2000 for the privilage (missus refuses to let me go in alone) For that kind of money I could take another week off and go see the PI's on the way back!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:38 am

Shouldn't we be given the Lions share of these tickets thumbsup Run

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:44 am

Got tickets for the first and second tests for about 250 each. Still looking for the final test though. Looks as though we got off lightly.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:45 am

Dreading the ticketing for RWC2015 if Ticketmaster gets in on the act. Hope they take a leaf out of NZ2011's book. The whole process was excellent in several phases of purchase , allocation and acquisition and waves of sales. Think I ended up payin some thing like £800 for 4 pool games,two QFs and the Bronze Final

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:22 pm

Very few tickets to Brit and Irish public, we had to book through Missus sisters name (she lives in melbourne) and will have toi pick tickets up from her somehow.

No tickets are released until May 14th, anyone getting them shipped to the UK is taking a bit of a risk!!!

Willy where did you get them bad boys mate???

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:50 pm

What idiot books flights to a lions tour without arranging tickets first?

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:01 am

t1000advancedprototype wrote:What idiot books flights to a lions tour without arranging tickets first?

Gats?

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

100%beefy wrote:
t1000advancedprototype wrote:What idiot books flights to a lions tour without arranging tickets first?

Gats?

Laugh

First thing that popped into my head was father of the Youngs Run

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down