The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumour regarding Mick Foley and the Hall of Fame.

+12
theundisputedY2D2
Brilliant_yep
Shot 21 LCFC
Kay Fabe
DDT
Crimey
bretmeharty
Blade
Hero
Aaronb33
Mr Video Man
Samo
16 posters

Go down

Rumour regarding Mick Foley and the Hall of Fame. Empty Rumour regarding Mick Foley and the Hall of Fame.

Post by Samo Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I got a rumour from a friend of mine that Mick Foleys induction to the Hall of Fame wont be part of the televised broadcast. I havent found anything on the dirtsheets so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

If its true, then its Frak cowpat. No one derserves the HoF spot right now more than Foley, and if his induction isnt televised then its a slap in the face if you ask me.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Rumour regarding Mick Foley and the Hall of Fame. Empty Re: Rumour regarding Mick Foley and the Hall of Fame.

Post by Mr Video Man Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:44 pm

I think I read that the ones shown on tv will be trish stratus, donald trump and Bruno sammartino
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Rumour regarding Mick Foley and the Hall of Fame. Empty Re: Rumour regarding Mick Foley and the Hall of Fame.

Post by Aaronb33 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:08 pm

One of the best talkers in the business being inducted by one of the best talkers in the business, and they're bumping him for a bloke in a wig. Good logic.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:13 pm

I think it shows how little his stock is thought of nowadays by the two guys in power.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm

There mad if they don't put Mike on the TV for the hall of fame, Idiot's.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Hero wrote:I think it shows how little his stock is thought of nowadays by the two guys in power.

HHH has never had stock for Mick by all accounts so not surprising to be honest

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Which is ridiculous because for his promo skills alone he's worth a lot more to WWE than the likes of Ric Flair, Bret Hart or Jerry Lawler.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 am

bretmeharty wrote:
Hero wrote:I think it shows how little his stock is thought of nowadays by the two guys in power.

HHH has never had stock for Mick by all accounts so not surprising to be honest

When you consider it was a feud with Mick Foley, that really cemented HHH as one of top guys, that suprises me. They had some memorable matches back in 2000.

Harsh on Mick Foley to not even be on the main show, as he was a great showman back in his day, outstanding on the mic, and had the balls to put his body through hell to put on a show for the fans.

I suppose you could say the same about Booket T deserving to be on the main show, he's won plenty of gold over the years, and has been involved in plenty of big feuds, and he's not on there either.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:42 am

I think its just unfortunate, there is obviously timing issues as well as certain genre's as well, all the main event Hall of Famer's are being shown, Trish for being one of the best if not the greatest Female/Diva, Trump for being one of the biggest celebrity names and Sammartino for being one of the biggest ever inductions

I think Foley would be ranked #2 in the make Wrestlers catagory infront of Backland and Booker T

I wonder if there's a story we've not heard Foley tell though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:29 am

If that is true then Im gonna boycott it. Trump over Foley is not only a slap in the face of the man who bought us Mankind, Cactus Jack and Dude Love, its a slap in the face of wrestling. As a wrestling fan I will feel that slap...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 am

This has to be an April Fool's joke that is late doing the rounds...surely? Please?...

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:28 am

This is really harsh on Mick Foley but not at all surprising given how his relationship with Vince has deteriorated over the years, and also the fact that Triple H has so much influence now.

Foley himself has said he used to be quite close to Triple H but over time things have obviously turned sour. I read somewhere that it stems from Triple H resenting all the praise Foley was getting for his work in putting 'The Game-uhh' over at the Royal Rumble and No Way Out in 2000, think Trips felt slighted that people were inferring it was all Foley's doing.

As for having the Hall of Fame on TV, if I remember rightly they show it on a slight delay from the event itself on the Saturday night and only have time for few inductions. If that's the case then they should have the HOF on the Friday night which would give them time to produce highlights of ALL the inductions to show on television the night before Wrestlemania.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:34 pm

They always cut people from the tv show, if you want to see everyone buy a ticket or the DVD. It's a shame, but it's the downside of such a stacked class.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:57 pm

WWE have succumbed to fan pressure and Foley's induction will be televised now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Poor Booker T! Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Hero wrote:Poor Booker T! Laugh

Teasing a Booker T v Mick Foley feud for the GM-ship of Smackdown?

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:38 pm

I dont see why Donald Trump is being televised, whats he going to say? "I always wanted to be a barber and thanks to WWE at Wrestle Mania 23 my boyhood dream was finally acheived"?

Its little things like this that wind me up about WWE furious

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:06 pm

It gives the WWE mainstream legitimacy obviously. Nobody outside of wrestling cares about Bob Backlund, but with somebody like Donald Trump you make WWE seem more intune with mainstream media and it is also more likely to bring in viewers who aren't already established wrestling fans.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:26 am

Its something for everyone, while Wrestling fans won't like it they're not the only genre the WWE will be trying to entice

Its like Simon Cowell in the UK, while I may or may not like him he attracts millions of viewers on every show he works on and with it plenty of Main Stream interest

Like every other WWE produced TV event, itd done with the intention to get as many viewers and as much publicity as possible whether you're joe average Wrestling fan agrees or not, those who complain will probably tune in anyway if they have the opportunity

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:10 am

Foley is God

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down